Recovery

Addison's P.O.V.

The heavy rain beats against the window pane of my room. The wild wind howls as it bends trees to its will. The outside courtyard is bare, as all the saviors have evacuated to the basement of the sanctuary.

I am on my way there but stopped to see the storm for myself. The thought of being cramped in a room full of people isn't exactly what I want. I need to be alone. I want the solace of my thought, so I can process the events that have taken place.

I know I want to move on, but I can't until I allow myself to feel the pain. Pain is not something to be ignored. It demands to be heard and demands to be felt. Pain stands in your face remaining you of its existence, not allowing you to meditate on anything else.

My pain feels like this current storm. A sudden strong force that is raining down emotional turmoil upon my heart. The only thing I can do is wait for it to pass. Only time will heal, and only time can heal me.

The stomping of boots jolts me from my perch on the stairs.

" Addison, why the hell aren't you down with the others?" Negan' a voice booms from behind me.

I turn my head, facing his worried expression on his face.

" I was on my way, but I got lost in thought. I was thinking about all the shit that happened."

His leather covered arms encircle my tiny waist, as he stands behind me.

" I am so sorry that you have suffered so much. I hate that I wasn't here to protect you. I hope one day you will be able to feel happy here again."

" I want that too, but every time I see your room, it all comes flooding back. I know I made that deal to keep Addie safe, but it hasn't made recovery any easier to manage. I am glad I have to take of, her though. If I didn't have someone so helpless, then I not be here right now."

Firm hands grip my body, then turn me around to face their owner.

" Don't ever fucking say that. I need you so much, Addison! I would go fucking crazy without you. You give me the motivation to be a better man. You will be my only wife after today, and I need you."

My eyes water as I wrap my arms around his neck. His body lips kiss the top of my head, as I cry into his warm chest. My heart wants to burst with happiness at knowing I am good to be all his, but part of me is scared.

" What if I am not what you want?"

His eyebrows furrow, as he pulls away to see my face.

" I know what I want. I want you. You are the best woman I know. The strongest too. Nothing could ever make me not want you. I love everything about you. The warm color of your eyes, to the long brown hair on your head, the lovely curves of your body. Not to mention the fiery personality, and your warm heart. There is nothing I don't love."

" I love you too Negan. I just need time. I still feel Simons hands on me every time I close my eyes. I still hear his grunts as he pleasured himself with my body. I need you close to me, but I am not ready for sex yet."

" I don't care about sex. I want you. If that means no sex for a while then so fucking be it. I love you, not just your sexy body. I care about helping you feel safe, and happy. The rest will sort itself out."

" Thank you Negan. I am so thankful for you."

" I am thankful for you Addison. Now, let's go down below before we end up under a bunch of glass and debris."

We stayed in the basement all night, waiting out the storm. Amber's baby Addie slept comfortably in my arms as the hours past. When morning came, the storm had passed, and we were able to see the damage.

The upstairs had some broken glass, and water, but nothing too major. The outside was covered in trees and walkers stuck under the rubble. We all knew it would take time to restore this place, but we could so it. Much like the pain inside of me, only time will fix what is broken.