Mingle

The two wooden doors welcomed us into the wives lounge. The light green room is full of expensive decorations. There are several spots to sit that are all plush and have accents of gray and purple. Negan looks over the room very pleased with himself.

I see all the other wives sitting reading books or talking amongst themselves. Negan looks over to Carl smiling. He can tell Carl is shocked by the number of beautiful women.

"I know! Every woman where you're from dresses like they do the books at an auto shop. You are going to want to look at their nice racks. It's cool! I won't mind they won't mind, knock yourself out."

Negan points over to Sherry for her to get him a drink. He then gestures for me to sit by him on the couch ."I need a word with you dear wife ."

I give Carl a reassuring squeeze before I sit by Negan." This is where I want you to stay while I go talk to him man to man ."

I pushed against the cushion with my arms abruptly ." Please go easy on him. He made a mistake and he is just a kid ."

Negan wraps his arm around my shoulder pulling my body close to his ."Calm the hell down! I am not killing the kid. I know that would just give Rick a reason to attack me. While I am gone I want you to get know the rest of the wives. You and Sherry are close but I want you to be friends with all of them."

Sherry returns with his beer handing him to him then walk away.

"I will try but I can't promise anything ."

I mumbled as I traced my finger along my couch ." If you can manage to be friendly, then I can think about not killing the kid ."

My anxiety peaked at hearing that ."You can't do that! "

"I can if my wife doesn't mingle and find out if what I heard is true about Amber and Mark ."

I swallowed hard, as I leaned my body against the couch. I knew what had happened with them, but I had promised to not say anything.

"I will do my best ."

I whispered. " Good girl. Now I and Carl will be back soon ."

He lifts himself up with his left arm and leaves with Carl in tow.