New Rules.

Addison's P.O.V.

We follow Justin down the dimly lit staircase, and into the basement. The underground cells were built over the last couple of years. Negan had them built for when we finally took over again.

Negan swings Lucille in circles, as we walk inside. Rick is standing in his cell with arms crossed over his chest. His blue eyes glare at Negan, then land on me.

" What the hell is going on here?" Rick demands.

" Well, prick, you're getting a taste of what my life has been like. I hope you enjoy your stay." Negan taunts.

" Addison, what happened? Where u
is Judith?"

" She is safe with Michonne and Maggie. I had them put into rooms, with guards outside the door."

" Why are you doing this? I thought things were fine. You seemed to be happy with your life."

" How can I be happy when I am treated like the enemy. Every day I dealt with the looks and the whispering behind my back. All those people wanted me to be locked up. Is  that the kind of life I should be grateful  for?" I yell, trying to let him know how I feel.

Rick looks down, knowing what I am saying is true. His hands rest on his hips, as he paces his cell floor.

" So what happens now? Is it my turn to be the prisoner?"

Negan clicks his tongue, as he walks over to his prisoner.

"Well, if I had it my way, you would die, but my wife disagrees with me. She feels like you should live to see us thrive. So, that's what will happen, unless you try anything.

I will kill you for breaking any rule, that I have for you. I wish I could execute you now, but I don't want to upset Addison."

I walk over, placing my hands on the cell doors. My brown eyes burn with anger, as I glare at Rick.

" I am not killing you because you let Negan live, but I can't let go of what you did. I have never forgotten the way my heart broke when you sliced his neck.

I have never forgotten how you allowed Simon to take over the sanctuary. If you had not hit his car, Negan could have saved me."

Rick's blue eyes glaze over, as tears spring in his eyes.

Addison, I am so sorry-"

"No, I am not done. You also worked with Dwight to take us down. Do you want to know what he did? Ask  me, ask me what he did?"

" What did he do?"

" He killed my bestfriend. Her name was Amber. That little girl I am raising is hers. Little Addie, will never know her real mother.

So, don't think your hands are clean. They are dripping with blood."

" Addison, I am so sorry. I never wanted anyone to die. Only Negan. He took my friends from me, and I wanted justice."

"How many lives did you take at that outpost?" Those men and woman had families. You had them killed for what? So you could make some shitty deal with that weasel Greggory?"

" I did it to help our people, I never thought it would lead to this. I have messed up, and I know that. I have caused the deaths of innocent people, and I am sorry.

Addison, I know you are a good woman and deserve to be happy. If you let me out, I will work with Negan. I will make sure our people always help each other, no prisoners.

If anyone steps out of line, they die. I promise you. I am giving you my word, and that has to still mean something."

"That is a nice speech, I can even feel a little emotion in it. I am not wanting to work with you prick. I am back in charge, and nothing you say can change that." Negan states confidently.

" I want peace, but not until you and your men have suffered a little. You kept him locked up for two years, so I think it's only fair you suffer the same. After two years you can earn your keep. Is that fair to you?"

" I agree, but I want to see my daughter, and Michonne, at least once a day."

" I agree to that, what else?"

" I want everyone out of cells. Only I need to suffer as their leader, nobody  else."

"I am not letting the men out, only the woman and kids.  I am not about to put my men at risk." Negan adds.

" Fine, but will you take of care of the women and kids?"

" You have my word, they will be taken care of, but they will earn their keep," I stated softly.

" Alright, then, I agree."

" Good, now, we need to be going. You waking up, disrupted me getting quality time with my wife."

" I will have Justin, bring your family to see you, " I add, as we walk away.

" Thank you, Addison," Rick says sincerely.

" Your welcome."

My sweet husband links his hands with mine, as we walk up the steps. A smile spreads on my face, knowing this is the begging of something good.