Surrounded By the dead.

The heavy metal doors swing open leaving us at the mercy of the blistering heat. Warm air burns my skin making me feel instantly uncomfortable.

My eyes try to see past the high metal armor protecting the cars, but the bright sun bouncing off of it makes that an impossible task. I place my hand over my eyes trying to alleviate the intense glare of the ball of fire above us.

Negans heavy steps echo across the metal platform, the only sound anyone can focus on. His large hand encompasses the thin rail with a deathly grip,  as his eyes glare at the brazen, curly-haired leader.

Negan sighs in aggravation, as he studies the current shit storm we are faced with. His broad shoulders visibly tense, in a boiling rage, as his squared jaw releases from its firm hold, allowing him to speak.

" Well, shit Rick, I am sorry. I was in a meeting. I see you got your little mud flaps with you. So, I am not exactly feeling the need for us to throw bullets at each other. "

His eyes glanced back at me, as Lucile swung on his shoulder. " I care about my people. I am not going to march  them in the line of fire because I want to play my dick is bigger than yours!"

His lips curve into a wicked grin, as he rubs his chin with his gloved hand.
" We just left you sorry assholes, and now you're showing up here unannounced, and unwelcomed.

Don't you need to bury your dead in Alexandria? I especially hope you buried the asshole that kidnapped Addison. You can spit on his grave for me. "

" Addison? Are you there?" Ricks desperate voice called from over the fence.

" Yes. What do you want Rick?" I spat out venomously.

" Is Sasha okay? Is she alive?"

I rolled my eyes, as I debated on telling the truth.

" Yes, but after what she did your lucky that she is. Did you know Rick? Were you apart of the plan to kidnap me?" My shaky voice alerted Rick of the pain I now possessed.

" I did, but Trent said you would be happy to be back. He said you would be thankful. I thought you loved him and wanted to be back with us."

A deep ache formed in my heart, as his words cut through my soul. He knew and thought it would make me happy? How could he think being drugged and locked in a dirty basement was okay?

" Do you know what he did to me?"My raised voice echoed across the soundless lot,  revealing my anger.

" No. He said he would tell you to come with him. That you would willingly leave with him. He said he had a nice room for you. "

" A nice room?" I scoffed, as my hands clenched at my side. " He drugged me then locked me in a filthy rat-infested basement! He didn't love me! He wanted revenge and that's why he is dead.

I am glad he is dead. He betrayed me, and put my life at risk. If you came here to rescue me forget about it. I found my home. The sanctuary is where I am staying!"

"Addison, I am so sorry. I had no idea. Please just come back with us, and we can talk this out. You and Sasha belong with us, not here in this hell hole." Rick pleaded, bringing tears to my eyes.

" Enough bullshit! Addison is staying here where she belongs. Sasha is nice and cozy in a cell down the hall. She is alive for now. If you wish for her to stay that way, then you need to fucking leave!" His grave voice sent shivers down my spine. He was angry, and there was no way to gauge exactly what he would do.

"   I am willing to let this shit slide if you walk away now! Turn your little bumper cars around and leave!"

" Not going to happen! We came here for a reason. We aren't just here for Addison and Sasha!" Rick spat.