Reward

Addison's P.O.V.

Sunlight creeps into our room, casting shadows on the ground. My hands drape over my stomach, with no desire to move. A heavy body lays next to me, sleeping deeply. Negan is exhausted from the long days he has had. Establishing the new rules, and rebuilding our lives, has proven to be a difficult task.

A loud knock on my door, cause a groan to escape my lips. " Mommy, are you  and daddy up?" Little Faith asks.

" I am awake, go get dressed and I will take you to eat."

" Why can't daddy come?" She whines.

" He is sleeping, now go do what I said." I murmur while trying to keep my tired man asleep.

" Okay, mommy."

I remove the covers, exposing my cold body to  the warm air. My feet touch the hard floor, another reminder I am awake. I do my morning routine, then quietly leave the room.

I make my way to my daughter's room, just down the hall. I crack the door, seeing her playing with her dolls. I enjoy seeing her happy, and full of life. I wish Amber was here to see her daughter growing up. Every day I see little glimpses of my friend in her child, helping to ease the pain.

" Mommy, why are you crying?"

I quickly wipe the tears off my face, trying to hide my sadness.

"Mommy was remembering an old friend."

" Don't cry mommy, it will be okay. Do you want  to play with my doll?"

" No, I am fine baby. Are you ready to go eat?"

" Yeah, I am. Is daddy still sleeping?"

"Yes, he is a baby. So, we need to let him sleep."

"Can we have pancakes today?"

" Maybe, if it's what the people made. If not, I can make you some later." I offer, hoping she won't be disappointed.

" Yay, let's go."

I take her small hand in mine, as we walk down the hallway. People bow as we pass, giving me the same respect as Negan. Negan insists we should keep that rule, although, I think it's stupid.

Faith thinks she is a princess, and that's why the worker's bow. She waves her small hand, enjoying the attention.  She receives small smiles, and waves, encouraging her actions.

One of our oldest residents runs the cafeteria, her names Brenda, and she takes great pride in her work.

" Hey, little miss, how are you?" Brenda questions, while giving my daughter a warm smile.

" I am good. Do we have pancakes?" Her tiny voice almost pleads.

Brenda raises her old withered hand, asking us to wait till she returns. Soon, the smell of fresh pancakes fills my nose and makes my daughter smile.

" Yay, I love pancakes." Faith squeals, making the old woman chuckle.

" I am glad you're happy. I made them just for you, and your mom and dad." 

" Thank you, Brenda, you have made us both very happy."

She hands me three plates full of fluffy pancakes, for our small family. My stomach gurgles, informing me of how hungry I am.

We move to a small table, setting each plate down. I was about to leave to get Negan when a loud whistle announces his presence.

The whole cafeteria becomes silent, as the members quickly scramble to their knees. My bearded savior walks the edge of the platform, searching for us. His eyes land on me, then a small smile forms on his face. He is wearing his signature jacket, with Lucille resting on his shoulder.

"Today, we will be finishing the repairs on the sanctuary. As a way to show our gratitude, Addison, and  I will be throwing you all a party. "

Cheers erupt from all around us, filling the room with joy. Whistles and well wishes come from all, along with big smiles.

Negan raises his hand, hushing the crowd. " We will begin the party at 8, so all can attend. We will have drinks, food, and music. It will be the best damn party you ever been to in your life."

His heavy boots echo off the steps, as he makes his way over to us. Faith rushes over, eager, to get a hug from her dad. He picks her up in one big swoop, relishing her eagerness.

" Daddy, miss Brenda made pancakes just for me." She announces proudly.

" Did she? Well did you say thank you?" Her daddy questions.

" Yes, now I want to eat with you, daddy."

" Okay, baby, we will."

He helps back into her chair, then comes to sit by me. I give him a brief kiss before he sits down.

" So, are you excited about the party?" My husband asks as he takes a bite.

" Yes, but I am not sure we can get everything done in time."

His dimples show, as his smirk grows on his face.

" I have been planning this for a week. I just didn't announce it until today. Brenda, and her staff have most of the food done, and I got music from the kingdom. My men also raided a liquor store late last night, and now,  we are now  loaded in alcohol."

" Wow, well, when did you plan on including me on this? I would have loved to contribute."

" You have been so tired lately, I didn't want you worrying over anything. Anyways, I wanted it to be a surprise for you as well.

You have never left my side, even when I was stuck in that hell hole. Without you, I don't know where I would be, and I wanted a way to thank you. It's a reward for all your loyalty."

Tears gather in my eyes, as my heart swells with love.

" I love you Negan. I will never love anyone as I love you."

"I love you too Addison, so much."

Our story may not be perfect, but it's ours, and I love it. He is everything I could ever want, and I love him with all my heart.