Secrets

I glanced over at Amber sitting with a couple of the other wives. I pushed myself up with my hands and reached out for Ambers' hand. " Can we talk for a minute ?"

She looks up at me tears falling down her face as she nods. We walk outside and down a few steps. We both sit down big trying to keep our dresses down as we sit.

"I know I said I wouldn't say anything about you an Mark. I don't know how but Negan knows. He found out from someone but maybe we can try to convince him all you guys did was talk ."

She placed her head in her hands breaking down.

"I love him so much. I want to be with him. We didn't sleep together. I was upset because Carson told me I was pregnant ."

I pushed my hand under her chin lifting her head.

"Listen to me you are not alone. I am here for you and so are the others, well, except for Lacey. We all know she only thinks about herself. I know it must be scary but it will be okay ."

Her red puffy eyes lock with mine ."What if Negan doesn't want it? What will he do to me then? I won't let him hurt my baby !"

She exclaimed as she flung her hands in the air ." If he doesn't want it then I will help you escape. I won't let him hurt you. I promise ."

She nods gently as she crosses her arms over her legs.
"If he found out about us that means he could know about you covering for me ."

"I am sure he does. That's why he asked me to talk to you. We better head back in before Negan sends  one of his men."

I reach out for her hand to pull her up then we both go back in. I push the door open to find Negan standing there talking to Sherry. Sherry glances at me then looks down as she speaks to him.

Amber and I go sit down on the same couch both anxiously awaiting him. He walks over then places himself in front of us on a cushioned chair.

"Addison, an Amber, do you have something you want to say ?"

His voice was low and threatening as his eyes bore in us both.

"What you heard was only partially true, she didn't sleep with Mark . Mark saw her crying in the hallway an asked her what was wrong. He took her to his room so they could talk. I noticed her going in there but I just walked away. I knew something was wrong an I decided to wait to find out. When she came out she asked me to not say anything. "

Negan lifted Ambers' chin.

"Amber baby, you know I don't want anyone here that doesn't want to be here ."

"Uh huh ."

She squeaks out ." So if you want to go back to Mark you can, but what can't you do ?"

"Cheat on you. "

"I didn't cheat on you. I was upset because I found out I was pregnant  ."

She forced the words out quickly so she wouldn't lose her nerve. Negan smiled as he looked at her ." That is good news. I am going to be a dad. Dam!  It is mine right ?"

He asks slowly.

"Of course, I would never cheat on you ."

He smiled as her lips still quivered from fear ." I will get everything you and the baby will need. I promise that I will keep you both safe ."

She nods as he kisses her softly.

"Now, I know why you helped her but it can't go unpunished. He pulled my hand to stand me up and whispered in my ear.

"I hope to help her was worth it baby because you won't like what comes next ."