A little bird

Darkness was my friend. It was my escape from the horror of this world. The images of Carson being thrown into that fire haunt me as I lay here. My eyes slowly open to the sound of a familiar voice calling my name. A bright light shines on my face making me quit my to avoid it.

" Are you okay Addison? Can you hear me ?"

My body is a week as I try to get up. I look at Negan as he sits by the bed. His eyes are full of concern as he gets up from his seat. He caresses my face and places a gentle kiss on my cheek.

" You had me, worried baby. You have been out for hours. I sent Simon to fetch the other physician from hilltop right after you passed out. They should be back soon. "

" Those people need their doctor. You shouldn't just take theirs away because of me ."

" You need him more! I won't risk anything happening to you, besides we need another one ."

Negan helped me sit up and placed a pillow behind my head. The softness felt wonderful against my aching neck. My head hurt immensely with every move I made.

" Did I hit my head? It hurts a lot ."

" You hit it on a metal rod laying on the ground. I think mite you have a concussion.  That's why I sent for the doctor. I need to know you are okay ."

My door opens and Simon walks in with an older man and a tall woman behind him. The woman has short hair and piercing eyes.

"Negan, I have the doctor here to check on Addison, but I met this woman on the way back. She has an interesting story to tell you about Rick."

Negan's gaze fell on the woman. He seemed intrigued by her willingness to spill information.

" Well, let's go to my office and talk, while the doc looks at my wife ."

"Good. Talk we must ."

Negan kisses me then leaves with Simon and the woman.

" Alright Addison, I am Harlan Carson. Let's take a look at you ."

Negan's P. O. V

Simon and the strange woman followed me down the hall. I opened the door to our meeting room and motioned for her to sit down in the chair near me. She sat down quietly not saying a word.

" Well, lady want to tell me your name ?"

" I am Jadis. Have group not far from here. Rick came. Asked for help. Wanted a deal. He promised guns. We help."

I knew Rick wanted to take me out but making a deal with this crazy lady? He had to be separate. I lifted my legs placed them on the table. I laid Lucille in front of me unerring her a little.

" Why are you telling me this?"

Jadis smiled as she placed her arms on the table.

" Need people. People hard to come by. I ask for twelve. You take rest ."

I rubbed my chin with my hand contemplating her terms. I knew this information was useful so she should be rewarded for it.

" You feed us information and help us take them out, then you will have your twelve. I am warning you Jadis. Don't fuck with me. If you double cross me, well let's just say Lucille here will have her fill with your people's brains."

Jadis smirked like she didn't believe me.

" We have a deal?"

I rose from my seat and extended my hand. She took mine and shook it firmly.

" We have a deal little bird ."

"Good. When knowing more. Tell you we will ."

I grinned as I glanced over at Simon.

" Simon take this woman back to her home ."

Simon laughed ." It ain't a home. It's a dump."

I raised an eyebrow ." A dump? Why a dump ?"

" It's our place. Nobody bothers us ."

" I imagine they wouldn't. Okay, Simon take her back to her dump. "

Simon got up and pushed his chair back in place. " Yes, sir ."

"I am going to check on my wife now, I look forward to hearing from you Jadis ."

" Likewise ."

Addison's P. O. V

Caron told me I have a huge gash on the back of my head. He also thinks I have a mild concussion. He cleaned the wound and stitched up, he also gave me some pain medicine so I can sleep.

The doorknob twists and Negan comes in.

"Hey, how are you feeling ?"

" I am fine. I have a gash on the back of my head and a mild concussion. He told me I should be okay in a few days. Who was that woman? What did she say about Rick ?"

Negan sat down on my bed as he took my hand in his. " She said that Rick wanted a deal with her. He would gather a large number of weapons, and she and her people would join in the fight against me ."

I shook my head slightly at hearing this. " Rick is trying to take you out? Why would he do that ?"

Negan let out  a sigh." I am guessing because Trent and Daryl want me dead. They did escape and now they convince Rick to form an alliance. It can't be a coincidence."

I clasped my hand in his giving him a reassuring squeeze. " What do you plan on doing ?"

" Well, Jadis agreed to help us in exchange for people to join her group. So, now we just wait to hear from her on when they plan to strike, then load up and teach those pricks a lesson."

" Please don't kill anyone you don't have too."

" I will make Rick suffer nobody else. Now, get some rest. I will go get us some dinner ."

" Negan ."

" Yes."

" Thank you for getting the dr for me ."

He smiled as he began to shut the door.
" Your welcome baby ."