Plans

Trent's P.O.V

Rain stings against my skin like shattered glass, as I run back home. The loud sound of thunder cracks against the sky, lighting up my hazy path.  My eyes squint slightly as drops of water fall down my face making it more difficult to see where I am going.

Addison's words play over and over in my head like a broken record. The pain in her eyes as she said that I over her, broke my heart.  I knew leaving her was a mistake,  but what choice did I have? We had to leave while he was gone, it was our only shot. 

Once we kill Negan, I can work on things with Addison. The plan with Jadis is coming together,  and we should be ready to fight soon. 

The tall metal gate of Alexandria gives me the strength to keep walking through this thick brush.  The gate swings open allowing me in its safe walls. Daryl stands by the gate with his gun hanging loosely off his shoulder,  ready to kill at all times. 

" You talk to her? Is she on board?"

I shook my head,  as more tears streamed down my cheeks. " She hates me, she thinks I just left her. I told you we should have waited! Why didn't I just stay?" I exclaimed angrily,  as I kicked a nearby garbage can to the ground.  Daryl took a pack of cigarettes from his pocket and handed me one. He pulled out his lighter and lit his up,  then gave me the lighter.

The soft smoke spilled from our lips, as we smoked in silence.  Daryl placed his hand on my back,  giving it a hard slap. " She loves you, she may be mad, but once she is back here,  she will be okay. Negan must have poisoned her mind,  but once he is dead,  she will be yours again.  You can't save her if you're still his prisoner. "

I sucked in a long puff, filling my lungs with the toxic smoke. I have that she feels abandoned,  but Daryl has a point, I can't save her,f I am in his army.  " Has Rick talked with Jadis? Do we have enough guns now ?"

Daryl nods, as he smashes his cigarette in the ground. "He said she is on board and will be here, tomorrow when the saviors come. Rosita set up the explosives,  so all we have to wait for them to show up.  "

What if she is with them?

I tossed me but on the ground and locked eyes with him. " What if Addison is with them?"

His eyes narrow, as he crossed his arms over his chest.  His large muscles bulge,  from the pressure of his anger.  " Addison won't be. Negan wouldn't allow her to come. "

" What if he does? Then what?"

" We try to keep her safe and kill the saviors.  I promise man, when this is over,  you will have her in your arms again. "

" I hope you are right. "

Addison's P.O.V.
The smell of the woods after it rains is something I have always loved. The look of trees, nd grass all soaked in water is soothing to me. My feet a splash against the puddles splashing against the boots I am wearing. I know I should be back inside,  but my heart hurts too much to be laying in bed.

My body aches from the pain it had endured, but the aching of my heart is stronger. Having to make Trent believe I hate him,  was the only way to save his life.  I know that,  but then why does it feel so wrong ? Doing the right thing should make me feel good, but instead it has me feeling like a horrible person.

" Addison, what the fuck are you doing out here? You should be resting! Not out here in the dam  woods!" Negans voice bellowed,  filling m with a slight fear of his wrath.

" I need to be alone. "

Negan walked over with Lucille hanging loosely on his shoulder.  His warm breath makes white clouds spill out of his lips.

" I know that you hate what you said to him.  Hell, breaking someone you love heart, that shit stays with you.  I would know. I should get a fucking medal for that shit.  I also know part of what you said is true, he did leave you.  "

" He was just trying to."

" No, he fucking left! He could have waited and taken you with him! If it had been me, I would never leave without my woman. He was selfish,  and he cares more about himself then he does about you. "

" He does love me, he just wasn't thinking!" I defended, knowing deep down Negan is right.

Negan brushed a strand of hair behind my ear, as his amber eyes locked on mine. " I will never leave you. I can promise you that.  You are a strong,  beautiful woman,  and I will always take care of you.  Let him go, and be mine, for real.  No turning back,  no second thought.  Just you and me ."

My mind was racing as I took in his words. Negan has taken care of me, and he has shown me that he cares.  Maybe I should give him a chance. 

" I will think about it. Could you give me some time?"

Negans lips curved into a smile,  showing off his dimples.  " Sure thing baby ."