Hate

The heavy sadness that has engulfed me is almost unbearable. My feet feel heavy with every step I take. I need some fresh air or I fear I will suffocate in this concrete prison they call a sanctuary. The door ahead leads outside promising me some relief.

I push the door open feeling the warm sun instantly caressing my face. The crunching of gravel is everywhere as men and women are busy doing there assigned chores. I notice a small area near a tree that seems inviting.  The tree has a small bench underneath. I smile as I gently place myself on it.

A cool breeze caresses my face causing loose strands of hair to come out of my braid. My thoughts drift from the wonderful fresh air over to Trent. I hate that he has to get the Iron. I am not even sure what that is but it sounds terrible.  A large hand on my shoulder jolts me out of my thoughts followed by a deep voice.

"What are you thinking about ?"

I kept my stayed facing away from him debating on whether I should answer. Negan lets out a heavy sigh as he sits by me ." It's rude to not answer when someone speaks to you ."

"It's also rude to hurt people and keep them in cells ."

Negan chuckles darkly as he pinched the bridge of his nose.

"I wouldn't have to do that shit if your boyfriend hadn't stolen from me!"

I stood up separating myself from him instantly ." If you had just never come into our lives then he wouldn't have had to steal it in the first place! As for Daryl! He should be with his group not suffering in hell!"

Negan stood his height towering over me. He took slow steady steps making me back up slowly until my back hits the tree. Negan places his long arms on either side of me while I bringing his face dangerously close to mine. I can feel his hot breath fanning my face as he begins to speak.

"Trent has and will suffer for what he did and then become one of my men. Daryl, well, I am going to give him a chance to fall in line. I hope for his sake he does, but all you need to focus on is being a good wife for me. I could just let Lucile have her way! I know that's not what you want ! Right ?"

"I don't want that! "

I spat as I shoved his arms away from me.

"You may be getting what you want but don't expect me to be fucking happy about it !" I yelled as I walked away before he could say anything else.