I nod. It seems he is fine with my answer, as I see him disappear and a door shuts with a light sound.

I let out a breath. 

I have grown taller only little bit. Some parts of my body have changed, but I still look like a kid compared to Fiona, for example. 

Edmund almost look like a grown man, he just needs a good beard and I will not be able to distinguish him from someone much older. Though his face is as smooth as one of a baby. He looks so much like his father - tall, lean, but strongly built, but still not as mush as fully grown man. His face has much stronger features, more prominent jaw, eyebrows, but his eyes are still the same, so out-worldly looking, beautiful and ghostly at the same time. 

In years I have learned to count and read. Every day my task is to read something from one of the books stored in his library. There are so many and I think I will never run out of stuff to educate myself. History, arts, literature, books about medicine, fashion or social etiquette are lined up on bookshelves. At the time I couldn't read fluently, the sight appeared to be overwhelming, I didn't know where to start. Eventually, by Edmund's suggestion, I started with more simple ones - tales, legends and so on. I was happy. I saw the worlds so different from ours, people and creatures I would have never imagined before. In years to come the subjects grew more complicated, but I never felt discouraged or afraid to pick them up and broaden my knowledge. 

I dried my body off from remaining drops of water. My heart was still beating in uneven speed.

Behind the door Edmund is waiting me. What will it be today? What news he has for me?

I have put on the outfit so similar to my previous ones. This time it is a dress, but the color is the same - dark blue with golden buttons. It is more girly looking, reaching to my knees. I have a tiny pocket. There I keep the most precious thing in my world. Earrings Edmund gave me years ago ..... I have always kept them close, keeping an eye on them all the time.

 I feel them being tiny and fragile in my pocket.

The golden doorknob turns and I am greeted with a light breeze from Edmund's bedroom. He is there looking out the window. He looks like a young gentleman, wide shoulders shadow the faint light coming inside, the tiny strands of hair reflect the few sun rays falling on his neatly combed hair. By every passing year, Edmund looks more like a king he will become. 

"Are you ready for today's tasks?" 

Also he have become quite distant, compared to the first years I spent by his side. He rarely raises his voice, he almost never reacts to sudden impulses, he is more calculating in everything he is doing. Sometimes he appears to be cold and emotionless. I know it is not truly him, but there is nothing in my power, what can bring out his softer side or make him feel more free and not restricted in his actions. 

"I am, Edmund."

"Good. Also I have very important news in regards of your future."

For some reason I felt my heart drop at the words 'news' and 'future'. Normally it is nothing new, maybe some new things to learn or tasks to do, but this time my gut tells it will not be so pleasant. 

"What is it?"

He turned around to face me, hands placed behind his back.
"I will be leaving this property for some time and you will have to stay behind, Thea. I have to attend important studies, plus countless meetings and events with people of other countries. In short..... lots of business and 'king' related ..... stuff..." Edmund watched me from above. There was nothing shown in his face, not even in his eyes.

"For how long?" I was afraid to hear his answer.

"Most likely for couple of years or maybe more." 

"So long? What am I supposed to do? Who am I will be taking care of.....?" I could not help, but feel little bit of sadness, hearing his delivered news.

"You will do the same things." my Master put both of his palms on my shoulders. They rested heavily, like the burden of thousands laid in them. "Take care of my room, keep an eye on Storm, sometimes. The most important thing.... keep reading books. Never skip a day." 

His pale eyes were looking for something in me..... 

"Keep yourself in good health, eat well, don't ..... overwork yourself.... And..... remember you are still my slave, Thea. Even though I will not be here, no one has a right to order you around. I think there should not be a problem in that...."

A tear slipped through my eyelashes: "I will, Edmund."

"Aghhh..... What are you crying about now?"

"......what am I going to do? .....by myself.....?" more tears found a way over my cheeks, as my eyes were now set on my feet.

"I told 'what', didn't I? Do and live, like I was never gone. I will be back.... I am not leaving you alone forever."