Dying in L.A

This song is inspired but not based off the best song off of Panic! At The Disco's new album.

Also, sorry guys but there is a trigger warning. Sensitive subjects. Please don't ever go on reading something that makes you uncomfortable or makes you feel emotions more severe than what a story should, mental health first, xx kelsie. 

Shawns POV 

I got a call from her. Her, a person I couldn't call mine, but was mine. Not a friend. Not a girlfriend. Just her. 

She called me. 

"Shawn, I am going to do it, I am going to do it, I swear I could do it right now, I am going to Shawn, I am-" 

"Y/N what do you mean? What are you going to do? You need to slow down, where are you?" I asked frantically. She was breathing so fast, panicking. 

"I-I am on that roof, and I am going to jump Shawn, I am actually going to do it, I am done Shawn," she kept rambling. I felt my blood freeze. I felt myself starting to have tunnel vision. I was on my way to my friends dinner party which was not far from where she was, but too far. Everything was a million miles away, it felt like I would never get there. Every turn took thousands of years, every stop felt like the end of a lifetime. Everything felt like an end to a lifetime. I couldn't stop shaking as I tried to get her to talk to me about anything else. I tried to distract her with other celebrities drama that I overheard at an awards show after party last weekend and the funny picture that my sister sent and by the way that my sister missed her so much and was looking forward to seeing her next month even though I haven't even told her that we were coming to visit yet but I figured that she couldn't be sad thinking about my adorable sassy little sister. But she couldn't stop crying. And she couldn't stop saying she was sorry for me and all of the bad things she must have done and how she was alive and she felt like she had to be sorry for that because her life was a burden to everyone around her and whoever unluckily encountered her. 

It was a mess. 

A jumbled mess of words that we exchanged desperately, looking for a response neither of us were receiving, a response we didn't know the context of. We were on wild goose chase. The universe was playing us. Having me rushing a girl who could nonexistent in the matter of seconds. 

A wild goose chase, for a soul-less body, 

if I didn't hurry. 

I refused.  

The problem was it wasn't my choice. I just had to hope that she could hold on until I could get there. 

She was just crying as I tried to talk to her, tried to get her to talk to me. I didn't know if she was by the edge or what she doing, she wouldn't speak to me. 

"Y/N please say something," I begged.

"I'm sorry Shawn," she whispered.

Then she hung up.

"Shit!" I yelled, slamming my phone into the passenger seat and sped up. I didn't have time I didn't have time I didn't have time I didn't have time. 

But time kept going, the world was spinning, people were walking, running, laughing, crying. 

All I wanted was the world to stop for enough time so I can make sure someone's world doesn't stop permanently.

When I pulled up to the building, an old office building that was barely floating over bankruptcy. They didn't care if we sat on their rooftop. We watched so many sunsets and sunrises on that concrete slab on top the gloomy brick office. I sprinted through the doors and to the stairs without stopping by the sad receptionist, but I didn't have time for brutal small talk. I felt exhausted running, but I couldn't feel it with the adrenaline, fear