Bangles (Memories)

I stared at the shiny bracelets in sheer awe. I glanced up at him. His eyes were so kind. The soft edges of colors.

"I love them Shawn," I said breathless. Sure they were just bracelets. But everything from him was priceless to me. He had such meaning and thought in everything he gave to me. Including his heart. And that I couldn't even try to think about how much he means it when he says I love you.

That makes me almost faint everytime he says it. Because unlike the guys I dated in the past.

He meant it.

"There are five. Three gold ones. For three very important moments in our relationship. And two silver ones. The silver ones are inbetween the gold ones because that is what keeps these memories golden. The first gold one is when we first talked, "

"Miss Y/N would you like to come read the class your story?" Ms. Appellate suggested. Though it was more like a command. Y/N stared at her with bug eyes. Knowing that her story would make everyone laugh at her.

"Uh no."

"Come on Y/N. Go," The teacher insisted. She looked at all of the kids. She didnt really know any of them. She was new just a few weeks ago. And she wasn't good at making friends. She shakily grabbed her paper and walked around the desks to the front. She looked at all of the faces. Them all looking at her. She opened her mouth to talk. But then she couldn't. Nothing would come out. She kept trying to. But she couldn't. She started to feel sweat gather at her hair line. She blinked viciously. The kids started to snicker.

"Y/N read it. You are a big girl."

She was 8. But how did that have to deal with her being scared to talk in front of all these strangers.

"I uh. Well there. I-" She kept stuttering. Her hands were shaking so bad they could probably all see it. She bit her lip and looked around the room. Avoiding any glances at people. Because she was about to cry.

"Y/N read or no recess."

Because bribing kids with recess was going to help. She didnt even like recess. She just sat on a bench alone. She felt a tear roll down her cheek. She tucked a hair behind her ear shakily. Kids were quietly laughing. She looked down at her skirt and tugged on the edges. Wishing she could run away. Then a boy stood up. He just walked over to Y/N. She gulped. Thinking he would hit her. But he didn't. Instead he stood next to her and nodded towards her paper. She gave him a confused look but handed him the paper. Then he started reading.

He read the whole paper, glancing at her every few lines to smile at her encouragingly.

She never felt so grateful.

"Now this first silver one means trust. Which is something that from the first gold bracelet to the next we gained. This was like a bridge in between the two memories. After we gained trust the second one happened. When we got together in 7th grade."

Y/N watched their feet step in the same speed as they walked home from school. Silent.

"You didn't need to hurt him Shawn," She said. Her voice stone as she could make it. Trying not to be upset.

"Yes I did. He was going to hit you. He called you rude names. I'm not letting anyone be so hurtful to you without some consequences Y/N," He said strictly. They both glanced at each other. Then back at the ground.

"I can protect myself." Is all she said.

"I know you can. But I care so much about you. And I didn't want you to have to protect yourself. I wouldn't let you," Shawn said gently. She looked at his face. The blood dried around his bottom lip. And the bruise below his left eye was starting to darken. It made his eye pop though. Brighter with color. She always loved his eyes the most.

"You see what you did though. Detention for a week. A busted face and don't think his friends are going to let you live this down," She said worried. She looked down. Her voice shaky. Shawn grabbed her hand. And he intertwined their fingers. She looked back at him.

"Y/N I don't care about detention. If you wouldve got hurt I wouldn't have known how gulity I would be. I wouldn't have been able to live with myself. And I don't care about my face either. Plus his is worse. But Y/N I dont even care about the guys. One I can fight back. And two. I would get myself beaten for the rest of my life if it meant you being safe."

She stopped. And he did too. She looked at him. They just stared. Then he kissed her. Her eyes widened. But she kissed back. Or as well as she can. He was a lot better at his first kiss then she was at hers. When he pulled away.

"Be mine. Please."

She smiled.

"I would love to."

I started to tear up even thinking about that day.

He looked at me. Kissed me. I smiled against his lips. He smiled back then lightly grabbed my wrist. He pointed to the second silver bracelet.

"This-" He stopped. Looked at me then the bracelet again. "Is love." "And we grew this throughout our realtionship. And then the night of prom happened"

"I can't even express in words how beautiful you are Y/N," He whispered against her hair that was curled gently down her back. He closed her eyes and sighed against her neck as they swayed to the calm music in the background. She smiled.

"I cant express in words how handsome you in your little tux," She grinned. He laughed lightly. He had his arms wrapped productively around her waist. Just at the small of her back. He held her safe. He was her guardian angle. Nothing could hurt her when she was around. And she protected him from going crazy. She healed any angry. Nothing could hurt him when she was around. He took her hand and spun her. She chuckled and came back into his chest, back to his warm hug.

"I love you so much Y/N," Shawn mumbled.

"I love you too Shawn. I love you too," She said as she broke away. Just enough to look at him. His eyes oh his eyes. They were so mesmerising. He looked at how gorgeous her makeup looked. Even if she was just as good without it. It showed off her eyes though. Showed how big they were.

"We will be together forever you think?" She asked. He nodded.

"To infinity and beyond."

"And I realized. The first day I met you that this was infinty. We would be infinty. When we first kissed, I realized I would protect you from everything I could for the rest of my life. And that I was a better person with you. That you made me a better person. And that night when we danced-" He gulped. Looking at me. And I swore his eyes started to water. I was already crying.

"I knew my dreams came true. And my dreams were only to have you."

"Shawn." I gushed and kissed him. He kissed me with passion. Desperate to never part. And our lips would. But our love would never part. "I love them. I love you."

"I love you more. To infinty and beyond."

A/N

I wrote a cute one.

Are you proud?

I hope so lol quick shoutout to @TheSingingBree for giving me this idea I think you enjoyed it right.

But anyways I know boring stuff but I am allowed to promote my stuff on my account right? Anyways make sure to check out Pluviophile. It is a shawn mendes fan fiction so hopefully yall would enjoy. Anyways hope yall are having a good day when you are reading this xx