Support Group

Shawns POV

Support Group.

Why do they call it support group if I don't feel any support?

They all say it will get better. But all the voices are monotone. It was like they were robots. Which typically who blamed them. We were all there with no hope. Why would some strangers change that?

I was going to skip. But the leader Jeb (a 40 year old with way too much free time) would text my mother and then my mother would freak out. That I wasn't trying to get out there. It is not that I was anti-social. I was just not social. I was the terrible middle. And this pity group didn't help/ I didn't even like anyone here.

Then this girl walked in on a Thursday meeting.

I was staring at my worn down Vans, then I heard Jeb exclaim loudly.

"Welcome! You made it just in time where we start talking about our thoughts of the day," Jeb said excitedly. I glanced at the girl. Her eyes darting at me. The smoothness of her figure and her bright ora made me frozen.

She smiled around.

"Glad to join Jeb," She replied politely and sat at the opposite side of the circle. Perfect position for me to get a good look at her beauty. The way her hips curved at just the right places, the way her lips tugged upwards into this breath taking smile even without teeth.

"Okay since you are new why don't you start," Jeb stated. She gave him a nervous glance but smiled o everyone and stood up from her seats.

"I am Y/N. I am 18. And I am doing good today. It has been a beautiful day," She said, her words filled with confidence flowing with every breath even if she was just nervous. I didn't pay attention again until Jeb scowled at me to share my thoughts. I sighed and stood.

"Shawn. Mendes. 18 (Yes I rounded up to sound as common to her as possible) and I'm living," I said and started to sit down before she interrupted me.

"Living isn't a emotion," She stated. Usually no one commented. But she did. She was new. She must not know how these things go. Everyone stared at her. Including me.

"Sometimes living has to be an emotion when you are living without any others." I watched her eyes turn. She gulped slightly.

"Okay how about Avery tell us about-" Jeb started.

"Why are you alive then?" She asked. I glanced back up at her.

"Well I think none of us know why we are here," I responded.

Jeb let Avery talk. But now neither of us paid any attention. We were both looking at each other. Our eyes boring into the others.

I stood sipping my lemonade. After every meeting there was socializing time. I usually left as soon as I could. But today was different. Y/N walked up to me.

"Why are you here?" I asked. "Or why did you come today?" I think she was a little caught off guard by how fast I started talking. But she smirked.

"Jeb is friends with my mom. And sense I fit the criteria to be here, mine as well. what about you?" She asked with genuine question.

"Same," I deadpanned.

"You sure have a positive outlook on life," She said, with a grin on her face.

"You don't even know me."

"I know you obviously don't want to be here," She laughed.

"Yeah who wants to go to some pity group so we can all feel bad about ourselves," I scoffed.

"My mom says it isn't about pity. It's about seeing you aren't alone." I rolled my eyes.

"We are all alone. Together, but alone together (cough cue fall out boy cough)," I leaned against the wall.

"Well when you want to stop being alone. And join the real world that actually is a beautiful place, tell me I would love to meet the real Shawn Mendes," She said, a little angry.

"Why do you think so highly of this world?" I asked curious. She smiled.

"Because when it almost gets taken away you seem to realize how precious it is. Even if a lot of us in this room and many other people are getting cut short of it. But I also believe knowing you don't have as much time as someone else makes every second just a tad bit more special," She said. I was speechless. Her words sinking through my skin into my blood.

"You don't seem like someone who deserves to be cut short," I replied. She sighed, taking a bite out of the cookie in her hand.

"No one deserves to be given sickness so early in life and to be physically or mentally tortured. But someone has to. If everyones lives were perfect really no one would appreciate their's. And I am more than glad to volunteer as tribute. Because I think I have learned more in such a short time than someone people who live to be 90 learned in their whole life. And the funny part is. It seems when you know you are going to die early you live a lot more in your life," She explained. Her speech was so gorgeous.

"Will you go out with me?" I asked. Now she burst out laughing. I tried not to smile. But I did anyways.

"One speech about loving life and you are suddenly a changed man," She teased.

"I think more it's one speech that had me sitting here thinking about just how beautiful you are in more ways than one," I defended. She grabbed her bag. Pulled out a little piece of paper and wrote in little words her number and name. Her handwriting was amazing. No mistakes in each letter at all.

"Friday. Text me and see if I am open," She stated winking. Then she walked out of the room.

As soon as I got to the car I was punching her number in with the biggest grin plastered on my face.

A/N

Crying even seeing the teaser.

Seven days beetches prepare emotionally now even though you will probably still scream when you hear it.