Vows

"Let's get married."

"What?" I glanced over, confused. We sat on Shawns car hood. Looking over the hills by my neighborhood. It was night. But the lights of over houses made it lit enough for me to see his smile in the dark.

"Well we aren't old enough to actually get married yet. But you are in a super hot dress," He winked then continued. "We love each other. This is a cute place. And," he reached into the car and pulled out a box "i think we even have a ring," he said. I leaped off the hood practically.

"Oh Shawn," I gasped. "You are not being serious. I swear if a little watergun squirts me I am killing you," I warned. He laughed lightly and set the box on the car.

"I am completely serious. This can be like our pre wedding. And this promise ring is a promise that when I suck this time, that I will get a redo," Shawn explained. I felt myself litterally get warmer.

"Shawn," I said in awe. He took my hands in his. Looking at me, he started to talk.

"I met you at a party. While I had a girlfriend, you still, were the most beautiful girl there. I didn't put too much thought in about you. Then I kept seeing you around my friend group. Or me more in yours. And I couldn't get enough of you. When I stole your number from my bud, I didn't even know how to say hi. I forgot how to even spell it. Who can't spell hi!" He exclaimed. I chuckled. "I fell in love with you like a kid riding a bike. Flat on my face. I didn't know my big crush who change so fast. It took me by surprise Y/N. You began to be my first priority. All I wanted to do was talk to you. Oh man did I want to have you in my arms forever. I want you forever Y/N. I do not care if we aren't even old enough to drink. I found my soulmate. People can say we are naive. People can say our love won't last. Why? Cause we found it before most people do? Most call it stupid, but the only word I can find for it is lucky. I am so lucky to have found you so early. I am so lucky to have found you. To have you in my life. I will forever be greatful that I got to have you impact my life. This is my promise to you," He slid the ring on my finger, "that I want this to last. This is my promise to you that I will trade this little ring for something more. That I will trade us two for a whole church of people to support us. This is my promise that I love you more than anything."

In movies where they cry with tears of joy, I always cringed cause I thought it was so fake and cheesy.

And then Shawn told me every word from his heart. And I felt them rolling down my cheek.

"I... I met you at a party. I knew you had a girlfriend. But I stared. A lot. Eyecandy was an understatement. When we finally started full on talking, I would hide in my room when the door locked on bed, refreshing the screen over and over until something new popped up." He smiled at me. "I would litterally get stomach aches and my throat would feel like it's closing whenever you complemented me. My heart would soar. But for the beginning, I had a lot of doubt. I was used to being heartbroken and lied to. And it's like I was expecting you to leave. But you didn't. You stayed. It was crazy. I didn't understand why. I looked at your exes, everyone who hung out with you, everyone who liked you maybe as much as I did. I never understood what made me so special. I compared myself. Thinking every other girl was better looking or more funny. More outgoing and energetic. I backed off a little after I first met you cause I knew I was no competition. I don't know how I got to be your girl. But I don't regret any thing that has happened. I am so in love with you Shawn that I can't even imagine this feeling without your face connecting to it. You are the kindest, most charming, funny and handsome person I have ever met. You are like the perfect package. And so is us together. So with your promise, I also promise things to you. When you are standing at the altar waiting for that special girl to appear. You will see me. I will promise you that I will walk down the ile wearing a white dress, giving half of my life to you. But though legally it is half, I already sold my life and soul to you. Cause I can't being honest even live without knowing you are with me to face life too. This is my promise that I will always love you," I finished. I was shaking. Barely breathing. His eyes were watering. They sparkled in the darkness.

"Do you Y/N take Shawn Peter Raul Mendes to be your soulmate forever and always?" He asked quietly.

"I do," I breathed out.

"Do you Shawn Peter Raul Mendes take Y/N to be your soulmate forever and always?" I stammered.

"Of course I do. Now come here," He pulled me into his arms and kissed me. He lifted me from the ground, our lips connecting. When he let me down. He broke apart ever so slightly and tucked my hair behind my ear.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

A/N

Well isn't that adorable