Closing her eyes, Rey cleared her mind until she was able to focus on the grey. It was a place neither light or dark existed, the place where she found comfort and balance. She could feel the force take over, guiding her being as she and that power calmed, making her as light as a feather and as steady as a stream.

'Yes' she thought. 'This is peace.'.

Throughout the force she felt the colors of life spring to action, the beautifully aching hum of decay surrounding it.

She focused only on the colors, on life itself.
The dark greens of trees, and their browning stumps.
The orange and pink flowers that bloomed beneath the suns gaze.
The blue and white of the surrounding sky.
And the red... The red...

Red.

The color itself brought a flurry of visions to Rey's mind; Red salt from Crait, the roses from the reception hall... and a red lightsaber clashing against her own, and behind those weapons, Snoke's throne room.

The sudden rush of it all made Rey inhale deeply, trying to steady her breathing as she allowed the force to show her the vision. She was so close to thinking it was a nightmare, similar to Kylo's, but something stood out.

In the middle of it all stood a boy with innocent hazel eyes, shaggy black hair and pink cheeks. He turned to look directly up at Rey, his eyes widening.

He did not look at Rey as if she was a stranger, but a friend.

This boy trusted her.

Instinctively, Rey's guard went up, and she found that she was unable to leave this vision, trapped between time and space where only the force thrived – Though this side of the force was new to her.

Immediately, she moved to protect the boy, to shield him from whatever this energy was. As if it knew the power she held and the lengths she would go to defend the child, the darkness withdrew the red memories, taking away with it the constant reminders of the war she had known.

Now, Rey and the boy stood together in the middle of the forest she trained at, but the clear and bright skies were replaced with a dark grey one, the wind thrashing every tree around, breaking branches that held on for dear life.

In the distance, she could see an oncoming bout of tall waves, no doubt that a single one of those would be able to take out the base that the Resistance resided at.

Panic shot through Rey's veins, and she turned to the child, her instincts kicking in, telling her to grab him and warn the base, if she even had enough time to do that.

However, when she turned to him, she was shocked to see that the boy was not frightened in the slightest, but instead looked at her knowingly, as if he knew she would keep him safe no matter what.

His ease and calmness soothed her, and though she was still eager to get to safety, she no longer felt the anxiety. Looking at him now, Rey guessed he must have been about seven or eight years old. He offered a shy smile, and the corner of her own mouth began to lift, as if deep down she knew who this was, even with her mind not recognizing.

When she was about to ask his name, the boy said: "You will be the one to turn. You'll stand with me... Rey, I saw who your parents are."

Rey's smile slowly vanished, and her own eyes widened with horror as she realized that these were the words Ben Solo spoke to her before in the elevator on Snoke's ship.

Her heartbeat quickened, and she internally begged the force to let her out of this vision, or nightmare, she couldn't determine anymore.

"You'll save me from this place, Rey," He said with such a genuine, soft smile that Rey nearly teared up. "You will."