Her Fathers Favour

There was just an hour to go till Riley's friends were due to arrive, Riley had picked his outfit that he wanted to wear a new Lightning McQueen sweatshirt that Ben's Gran had sent for him which I was so grateful for. I kneel on the floor brushing Riley's hair and wiping his face with my thumb after licking it in full Mummy style

"Oh Mummy" he goes to me as there is a knock at the door "It's Pops" Riley shouted making a dash for the door

"Hiya Mister" I hear my Dad shout and head for the door, Ben follows but I see him tense so I grab his hand and give it a gentle squeeze for encouragement and he smiles.

"Hi Dad" he gives me one of his usual bear hugs as I reach him.

"Hi Babe, how are you?" he asks

"I'm fine its so good to see you" I tell him as he comes in putting down his bags.

"Hello gorgeous girl" he says taking Ellie off me. He spots Ben

"Now then you must be Ben" he says holding his hand out to Ben.

"Very pleased to meet you Mr Jones " Ben replies shaking his hand.

"Never mind that Mr rubbish" Dad says laughing "Call me Geraint or Ginger, that's what everyone else calls me, from the hair you see, well till it all fell out". Ben and Dad laugh out loud together. "I blame Lisa myself" Dad continues "I had a fab head of hair till she was born"

"Thanks Dad" I shout down the hall at him busy putting out the last bit of food. I watch Ben through the gap in the door and I see him relax which makes me relax too.

With the party in full swing, it was all hands on deck Ben and Dad had taken on the roll's of children's entertainers while I made sure they were all fed. Ellie was a little overwhelmed by the whole thing and was grizzly, Ben had noticed and went to the retrieve her from the corner she'd gone to sit in.

"Hey Princess what's wrong hey?" Ellie cuddles into Ben he was her safe haven. I could see her becoming quite a Daddy's girl only Ben was now her Daddy.

Geraint's Point of View

It was so lovely to see the kids I had missed them. I know it had only been a few months since they'd left but they were practically with me everyday in the run up to them going. My heart was split, half so pleased to see Lisa so happy but the other half sad that she and the children were so far away. Ben was a lovely bloke so genuine, so loving and he worshipped the ground our Lisa walked on you could see it in his eyes, even when they are not near each other he is watching to see where she is or what she is doing.

I watch the two of them setting out the party food for the kids smiling, giggling and kissing each other as if they were kids themselves. I had never seen Lisa like this before it was like she was a different girl. I couldn't help but notice that there were quite a few of Ben's things around the flat meaning he probably spent most of his time here, it wouldn't surprise me that before long he will have moved in or she with him, although knowing how she loves her safe haven the first thought being the one she would choose.

What that evil monster had done to her had affected her so badly, most find a way of getting over it but Lisa shut herself away, completely closed herself off from anyone trying to give her any love or affection she just didn't trust it anymore. So Ben must be something very special to have got through and without a doubt has worked hard to win her love. So for this reason he has my approval before we look at anything else. He loves the kids too that was another thing that was clear to me and they loved him, I didn't say anything but I heard Riley calling him Daddy which surprised me but then again the lad had no real idea what having a father was about and little Ellie even less.