35

Selena's POV:

Selena's POV:

"I don't want you to go." I pouted and hugged him tighter. Nick chuckled. "I don't want to go either but I don't really have a choice, Sel. I have to get back and go to my classes." he said. "I'll miss you." I murmured. Nick hugged me a little tighter. "I'll miss you too, squirt." he smiled affectionately at me and dropped a light kiss on my hair before stepping away. "I have to go now." he reminded me. I gave him a small, sad smile. "I know." I said. I watched as my older brother said goodbye to my parents and made promises to come visit soon. It was such a shame that his University was so far away from home but I knew we couldn't help it. He was doing what he wanted to and studying to get to his dream. I couldn't possibly ask him to stay. "Call me when you get there!" Mum yelled after him. "See you later!" I shouted.  Nick turned and gave us one last grin. "I'll miss you guys and I will!" he shouted back. Then he hopped in his car and drove away. I was going to miss him; annoying as he was, he's my brother. Why the hell am I talking about him like he's not coming back? I slapped my forehead. I'm so stupid. He's coming back for summer break anyway.
-
"What's up with you?" Austin asked, poking my cheek. "You're acting like your cat died." he said. "Yeah." Farrah agreed. "It's super depressing." Austin and Farrah recently got together, when and how; I really don't know. I was so wrapped up in everything that was going on that I didn't even notice. I'd felt bad for not being able to support them but both of them assured me that it was okay. "Nick left today." I informed them. "Really?" Farrah asked. "I didn't see him once!" she exclaimed. "Who's Nick?" Austin asked. I opened my mouth to answer but Farrah beat me to it.  "Sel's hot Uni brother." she answered. Austin didn't seem in the slightest bit jealous. It was weird honestly but Austin never seemed like the jealous type. "Cool." he remarked and pecked his girlfriend's lips. "I'd love to meet him one day." Farrah looked slightly disappointed at his reaction and I think Austin grinned and leaned down to whisper something into her ear that made her beam. I raised an eyebrow and they both shrugged in return. They really are perfect for each other.  "Got any plans with Justin?" Farrah asked. "I heard you guys went on a date a couple of days ago, how'd that go?" she asked. "Awesome." a grin lighting up my face for the first time that day. "Really?" Farrah asked and clasped her hands together. "Details girl. I need details. Where'd you go? What'd you do? Did he kiss you?" she blurted. "Whoa." I held up my hands in surrender. "Hold on there, Rita Skeeter. Why is this all so important?" Austin laughed at my Harry Potter reference while his girlfriend merely rolled her eyes. "Whatever." she dismissed. "But seriously! Not everyone snags the school's bad boy, what's he like to you?" she asked. "I always knew you two would get together." Austin mused. "What?" I asked.  Austin shrugged. "He did make it pretty obvious. That night at the party, he looked like he was about to beat me up." I blushed. "Sorry about that." Austin grinned. "It's cool. I'm over it. Besides, the party didn't turn out too badly." he gave his girlfriend a wink, making her blush.  "What am I missing here?" I inquired, glancing back and forth between the two. "Well-" Farrah never got to finish her sentence because just then, my phone started ringing. "Hello?" I said, through my phone. "OJ Girl, hey." the smooth voice of my boyfriend floated into my ears and I felt my heart skip a beat. "Hey." I responded lamely. "Heard Nick left today." he said. "Wanted to see how you were doing." he told me. My heart warmed at the concern in his tone. "Thanks, I'm fine. Who told you?" I asked. "Ryder." he answered. My eyebrows knitted together in confusion. "Ryder?" I repeated. "Yeah, apparently James told him." he said. "Oh." I paused. "Alright." I said. Justin's chuckle from the other side of the phone made me blush. "You're not very talkative today are you? Anyway, you want to come over?" he asked. "Now?" I asked, surprised. Justin laughed. "What do you think?" he said, chuckling. "That's not a proper answer." I said. "That was a stupid question." I rolled my eyes. "Whatever, why now?" I ask. "Can't I just want to see my beautiful girlfriend?" Justin asked. I blushed but glanced at my watch, nevertheless. "Considering it's eleven in the morning and last time I called you at this time, you thought I was Dylan for some reason and told me not to call." I answered. "That is not what I said." Justin stated. "I told you to fuck off but I thought you were Dylan." he corrected. "Same difference." Justin snorted. "Sure, sure." he said. "So.. why now?" I ask. "Fucking wedding rehearsals." Justin sighed before adding; "but I wanted to see you too." I inwardly awed at his cheesiness and found myself nodding before I remembered he couldn't see me. I cleared my throat. "Yeah, I'll be there." I could practically hear his smirk. "I know." he said. And then the phone clicked off.  "I've got to go." I glanced regretfully at my friends. "It's cool." Austin shrugged. "The boyfriend calls." he said. "Is this about Friday?" Farrah demanded. "I told you I didn't-" she started. "Jesus." Austin put his hands in the air. "I can't say one sentence-" he started. "Guys?" I interrupted. "I really have to go."  They both gave me sheepish smiles. "Right, sorry." I said my goodbyes to the interesting new couple and walked out of the door. And then I realised something. I don't have a ride.
-
"You're always making me do things." James complained. "How are you even my friend?"  I rolled my eyes. "It isn't like I've asked you to drive me to LA, James. Besides, don't you want to see your boyfriend?" The apples of James cheeks reddened just a bit as he mumbled something incoherent. "I'm sorry, I didn't get that." I frowned. "He's not my boyfriend." James mumbled, looking at the floor. I snorted. "But he will be." I added. "Selena!" James exclaimed. "James!" I mocked. "Stop that." he said sternly. "Stop that." I mimicked.  "That's not funny." he said. "That's not funny." I repeated. "Quit it!" he said. Quit it!" I said. "I'll buy you ice-cream." he said. "I'll buy you-" I stopped. "Wait, what?" James smirked. "Gotcha." he smirked. "That's cheating!" I protested. "You know ice-cream is distracting!"  James snorted. "If you're like five." he said. "Are you calling me a five year old?" I gasped. "Maybe.." he teased. "Whatever." I grumbled. "You're still a cheater." I added. "No." he brushed it off calmly. "I'm awesome. You know why? Because I took you down, like a boss."  Ladies and gentleman, James Dolan.
-
"That is by far the most disturbing thing I have ever seen in my life." Rebecca stated as she wrinkled up her nose. Justin pulled away from my lips and scowled at his cousin. "Just because you're alone in this world doesn't mean you have to spoil things for everyone else." Justin snapped. Rebecca rolled her eyes. "It's not like I give a fuck." she added. "I'd beg to differ." Ryder piped up as he strolled into the room, James by his side. "You just can't get someone to put up with you." Rebecca scoffed. "If someone like you can get a boyfriend then I sure as hell can." she said. "Do it then, I dare you." Ryder taunted. "It wouldn't be too hard actually." James mused. "It's not like she's not hot." Ryder and Justin looked at him incredulously while Rebecca smirk. Meanwhile, I was mouthing kiss up at my friend. Deal with it, he mouthed back. "If I can make a gay dude think I'm hot, then I could get a boyfriend." Rebecca stated proudly. "And as soon as he got in your pants, he'd ditch you." Justin muttered. I slapped him upside the head. "Stop insulting your cousin, it's not like she needs a boyfriend anyway." I say. "What is that supposed to mean?" Rebecca demanded. I rolled my eyes. "Not like that. I meant you're a strong, independent woman. You don't need a man to make you happy." Rebecca seemed satisfied with this response but my own boyfriend turned to me, raising an inquiring eyebrow. "Does that mean you would function without me?" he asked. I scoffed. "Please, I lived seventeen years without you, don't flatter yourself." I said. Lies. He was basically a part of me now. "Right." he said, disbelievingly. "Of course." I didn't bother arguing. It's not like it would make him change his mind. And it didn't. "Are you guys ready?" Delia's head peaked into the room, interrupting the conversation. I nodded. Yeah, yeah I was.
-
"Excellent." Delia clapped her hands together. "We've got the pictures done and the rehearsal is next week so everyone better be ready."  Murmurs of agreement filled the hallway and one by one, the people began to leave. Justin leaned down so I could feel his hot breath on my neck, making me shiver slightly. "Have I ever told you how incredibly sexy you look in green?" he asked. I turned around to face him with a smirk. "No, but you can say it again."  he laughed and his arms went around my waist, pressing me to him. "I can do much better than that." he said. "I'm sure you can." I tell him. He leaned down so our lips barely brushed and I tried hard not to sigh. My erratic heartbeat seemed so loud, I was sure he could hear it too.  "No way." Rebecca's voice interrupted. "I've had enough of this lovey-dovey crap so spare me." Justin pulled away with a groan. "Why do you always ruin everything?" Rebecca smirked. "I'm talented like that." she said. "Isn't that true?" Justin muttered to himself and subconsciously pulled me closer. My heart warmed at the motion. I swear, if my heartbeat got any faster, I'd be dead. "No one wants to see you-" Rebecca's comment was interrupted by the bell ringing. Delia looked around for a moment, seeming mildly surprised. "That's strange." she muttered. "We weren't expecting anyone." she went to open the door and as soon as she stepped out a figure of a woman appeared. Long black, shiny hair, trailed until her waist as icy blue eyes took in her surroundings and her blood red lips stretched into a thin smile as blue eyes met hazel ones.  "Justin, dear, won't you greet your Mother?"
-
"What the fuck is she doing here?" Justin exploded, pacing back and forth around the room. "Get her out of my fucking house!" he scram. "It's not like we want her here." Daniel frowned. "But we can't just kick her out." he said. "Why the fuck not?" Justin's eyes became increasingly dangerous looking. I bit my lip.  "She's your mother!" Daniel snapped. "That woman is not my mother." Justin hissed. "She's a slutty, lying bitch who backstabs everyone and everything without giving a damn." Daniel sighed. "There's nothing we can do. She won't leave until she's seen all of you." he said. "Fuck, no." Justin shook his head. "I'm not fucking looking at her." he added. "If you want her to go, that's what you have to do!" Daniel's eyes bore into his son's. "He's right you know." Brandon spoke up, his face was still pale white. "If we just go and talk to her for a minute, then she'll go." he said. "I won't do it." Justin stated firmly, he stopped pacing and walked to stand next to me. "Please." I said quietly. Justin looked down at me, surprised. "What?" he said. "Just quickly." I assured him. "And then you never have to speak to her again." I say. "I don't want to." he said, stubbornly. "I'll be right there." I pleaded. He looked down at me for a moment before dropping eye contact. "Fine." he said. Anyone could see he wasn't happy about it but it was the best solution. Daniel led us back to the main hall where Delia was, very awkwardly, trying to make conversation. Justin's Mum spotted us and turned her attention to us. "Brandon." she greeted. "Justin." she said. Mum.." Brandon muttered, staring at his shoes. "Slut." Justin said, looking straight into his mother's eyes. Justin's Mum looked as shocked as his father and Delia before she composed herself, thinning her lips. "That's no way to talk to your mother young man." she reprimanded. Justin glared. "I'm not talking to my mother, I'm talking to a slut." Justin's mother frowned deeply. "I know we've had issues in the past but-" she started. "Not past." Justin interjected. "I still have issues with you."  he added. Arctic blue eyes seemed to grow icier. "Very well." she spoke. "But I believe we can get over them." Justin sneered. "No, we can't." said Justin. "And I believe.." she continued. "That you all should come and live in England with me." she said. Wait what?  "What?" Brandon asked. "Excuse me?" Daniel inquired. "What?" Justin all but shouted. "I meant what I said." she said. Her blue eyes seemed to grow darker as they came to a rest on Daniel. "They're my children too." she added. "I'm not a fucking child." Justin objected. "I'm eighteen and I don't give a fuck about who you are, I'm not coming." Sweeter words have never been spoken. "It will be a good place to start afresh." she said. "I don't want to start afresh." Justin hissed. "My whole life is here and I'm not leaving." he said as his grip on my waist tightened. Justin's mother seemed to notice because her eyes narrowed down on me. "Oh." her tone became acid-like. "What's your name, dear?" she asked. "Selena." I said. To me, it came out sounding like a scared child talking to a stranger. "Is she what's keeping you here?" she addressed Justin.  "Pattie, don't do this." Daniel begged. "She has a name." Justin growled, pulling me even closer than I already was. "Is she?" Pattie demanded again. "There are a lot of reasons." Justin said through gritted teeth. "Yes, she's a big one, but I have friends here." he added. "You can make new friends." Chelsea offered.  "I don't want new friends." Justin said. Chelsea grounded her teeth together. "I see. Very well, I'll have to make this easier for you to see in my perspective." she said. "I don't have to come with you." Justin pointed out. "I'm eighteen, I'm legal. I don't have to go and you can't make me." he said. "You seem to have made your choice." Chelsea's lips curled into a sinister smile. "And I can't change that because you are eighteen but I do have two other children."  Brandon face turned to horror as he shook his head wildly. Sophie burst into tears. "B-b-but I do-don't w-want t-to go." Chelsea leaned down. "Sophie sweetheart." she tried to soothe. "It will be so much fun, I'm your mother." Sophie looked up at her disbelievingly. "No you're not." she pointed to Delia. "She's my Mummy."  Chelsea gritted her teeth. "This isn't the end of the conversation." she said. "There's nothing you can do about it." Daniel glared. "I beg to differ." Chelsea turned and stomped out the door. Just as she reached it, she paused. "I'll see you all in court." she said. I glanced up at Justin who seemed to be thinking the same thing as me. We both knew what this meant.. a custody war.