34

Selena's POV:

Selena's POV:

Date. I'm going on an actual date. With my boyfriend. To a place he won't tell me. Stupid boy. How am I supposed to know what to wear? Sneakers? High heels? Dress? Jeans? Jumpsuit? I don't know. I don't know. Justin has officially been dubbed an idiot. Courtesy of me; the girlfriend who does not know what to wear to her date. Like a first date. Ever. I've never been on a date before. What am I supposed to do? Not to mention he's probably been on loads. Look at all those girls that came before me. They were probably more experienced. I am so stupid. Sighing, I pulled out my phone; dialling the number of my resident most experienced date-dresser. Ring, ring, ring.. "Hello?" she finally picked up. "Hey." I breathed. "I need your help." I say. "With what?" Renee asked. "If this is like the time you forced me to do your maths homework, I-" she started. "Actually.." I cut her off. "You offered to do it in exchange for me asking the cute boy behind our seat on the bus's number. And, no, not that." I said. "I did not!" Renee protested. "You blackmailed me. You said if I did the homework for you then you would get the number." she said. "Same, same." I dismissed, waving a hand even though she couldn't see me. "But may I ask who flunked the maths homework?" I said. "That wasn't my fault." she denied. "I never said I was good at maths. Besides, you blackmailed me." she said. "You could have said that before!" I exclaimed. Renee snorted. "Whatever." she seemed to sniff over the phone. "What did you want anyways?" she asked. "Oh." Realisation hit me. "Justin is taking me out today and I don't know what to wear." Jesus, I feel so cliche. And stupid. Let's not forget stupid. An excited squeal sounded from the other side of the phone. "When is he coming?" she asked. "Um.." I paused, trying to remember. "Seven, I think?" I said. "That's only five hours from now!" Only five hours? Renee's tone became disapproving. "I'm coming, hold on." How lucky am I to have friends like her?
-
"No." said Renee. "Yes." I said. "No." said Renee. "Yes." I said. "No." said Renee. "Yes." I said. "N- Sweet baby Jesus!" Renee threw her hands up into the air in exasperation. "Just let me do your eyebrows and we can stop arguing!" she exclaimed. "What's wrong with them?" I demanded. "What is so wrong with them that you have to pluck them?" I asked. "Sel." Renee sighed. "There is nothing wrong with your eyebrows-" she said. "Then why are you plucking them?" I interrupted. Renee glared at me before continuing; "-but you want to look your best." she stated. "And that requires you tugging at my face?" I said. "Yes." Renee exclaimed, exasperated. "Yes it does." she repeated. "Why?" I asked. "I just explained that." she said. "You stated, not explained." I said. "Same thing." she said. "No it isn't." I denied. "It doesn't matter." she said. "Why not?" I asked. "Because I said so." she said. "Are you my mother?" I asked. "No." she answered. "Then stop acting like it." I said. "Just let me do your eyebrows!" she responded. "No!" I said, and then she tackled me. I mean, full-on football tackle to the floor. She freaking jumped on me. Like some sweaty dude on the football team would do. "Hey!" I tried to wiggle out of her grasp. "Let me go!" I said. "Just-" she gasped, struggling to keep me still. "-let.. me.. do.. your... eyebrows!" she said. "Never!" I denied and grabbed the chair leg and tried pulling myself forward. "Sel, Mum said- whoa! What the hell?" Nick looked startled as he watched Renee hold my leg I was grasping the chair. That probably did look a little weird. "She won't let me do her eyebrows!" Renee huffed, sitting up straight. "Did you seriously expect her to?" Nick raised an eyebrow. "Well.." Renee's eyebrows furrowed. "There's no harm in trying." Nick snorted. "Course there isn't. That's exactly why you're having a wrestling match on the floor with my sister." I rolled my eyes and released myself from Renee's grasp. "Whatever, I'm not doing it." I say. "Anyway.." Nick turned to me. "Mum said that she wants you to give her the ring back. The one you apparently borrowed last month." he said. "Which ring?" I frowned, wracking my brain in hopes of remembering. "Which one?" Nick said in disbelief. "Are you kidding me? How many rings had you borrowed last month?" he asked. "Three." I recalled. "I think. Now will you please ask Mum which one?" I said. "Why don't you just give her back all her rings?" Nick suggested. "Considering they are, you know, hers." he said. Renee scoffed from behind me. "That's not how it works, Nick, you and I both know that she's going to borrow them again so just take the one she wants." said Renee. "I don't understand you guys." he muttered, running his hands through his hair. "But whatever, I'll ask her anyway. Oh, and Mum wanted to ask if you knew when you'd be back from your thing." he said. "I don't know." I answered. "Justin never really told me." I added. "Okay then." he said and turned around, walking out the door and I rolled my eyes once more. As my eyes shifted back to my best friend, who held a make-up kit in her hand, I groaned. "Can we not do this?" I pleaded, crawling away as to not be in her clutches. "We have to." she stated seriously. "Now come here and let me do your eyebrows!" she said. "No!" I scram, but somehow, she managed to get to them anyway.
-
The doorbell rang loudly a few short moments after I had heard the engine of a car racing near our house and it was obvious that there was only one person at the door. Renee took her time in looking me over once more and demanding that I wear heels, but I refused and actually managed to win that battle. (I mean honestly, I'd trip over and fall and die in those.)  She rolled her eyes and we compromised and I ended up wearing flats instead. Ding! The doorbell rang again and I stumbled out of my room as Renee gave me a light shove. "I'm coming." she told me. "But I have to get my stuff so just go downstairs and look gorgeous." I snorted a laugh at that one. I began to make my way down the stairs and once I had a clear enough view of the door, I spotted Justin leaning against the frame, talking to my parents. I kept going down the steps and I was downstairs in a couple of minutes but I stood at the bottom for at least five minutes after that, tilting my head to the side and eavesdropping on the conversation. No one noticed that I was standing there until I cleared my throat and heads snapped in my direction. Justin's eyes ran up and down my figure appreciatively before his eyes met mine and he shot me a smirk. I rolled my eyes. "Nice." he commented. "You look beautiful, Sel." he added. A blush stained my cheeks at his words and I opened my mouth to say something when a voice from upstairs huffed. "She should. Can you believe how much trouble I had to go through to get her that way?" Renee marched down the stairs and Justin's eyebrows rose. "Hey." he greeted. "Hi." a grim smile rested on her face. "You so owe me; she is such a pain sometimes." My jaw dropped. "I am not!" I protested. "So what if I didn't want to do my eyebrows? They're only eyebrows for God's sake." I exclaimed. Renee rolled her eyes at me and looked past me and at my parents. "I have to go now." she explained politely. "Thank you for having me." she said. "Anytime." Mum smiled warmly. "You're always welcome. Do you need someone to drop you home?" she offered. "Oh no, that's alright." Renee assured her. "My Dad's going to meet me just down the street a bit." she added. "I don't know if I'm comfortable with you walking alone at night." my Mum said, frowning. Our neighbourhood was a relatively safe one but that never really stopped Mum from worrying. "I'll walk you till where you have to go." said Mum. "That's really not necessary." Renee persisted. "Really, it's fine." she added. "I insist." Mum said firmly and grabbed her purse from a nearby table. "Come along then, let's go." she walked out the front door but turned for a moment. "You kids have fun." she told me, eyes twinkling before gesturing for Renee to follow her out which, not without sighing, she did after bidding me goodbye. "So.." I trailed off. "Should we go now?" I say. "Yes." Justin nodded. "We most definitely should." I made a move out of the door and Justin reached out for my hand. "Bye." I said softly to my family. "Wait a second," Nick held up his hand before pointing at Justin. "You have to have her home by eleven, no sleepovers and three feet distance at all times." I stared at him. "You have got to be kidding me." I said, sighing. "I most definitely am not." Nick shook his head and observed the proximity between Justin and I. "Three feet, kids, three feet." I rolled my eyes. Dad looked back and forth between both me and my brother and sighed heavily, waving a hand. "I'd go Selena." he advised. "Before he decides to tie you to a chair and not let you go." he added. "Hey.." Nick mused. "That's not actually a bad-" he started. "No!" I objected, taking Dad's advice and tugging Justin out of the door. "We're going! Love you! Bye!" I hurried Justin towards the car. Wait car? "What happened to your bike?" I asked, surprised. "I kind of left it at home." he replied, scratching the back of his head nervously. "Cause I figured it'd be best to take it to where we're going." he said. "And where are we going?" I questioned. "That, OJ Girl, is my little secret." God I hate him sometimes.
-
He took me to a concert. He took me to a real actual rock concert that had Linkin Park playing and it was the best damn thing in the universe. But in the end, it doesn't even matter. They were playing. I looked excitedly at Justin, loving how thoughtful he was about the whole thing. It was so sweet of him to have remembered that it was one of the things on my bucket list and something I wanted to do. "This is awesome!" I shouted over the crowd. "I'm glad you like it!" he shouted back, moving closer to wrap his arm around my waist. "I really do!" I had to keep my voice raised because of all the noise around me. "Good." he said. I don't want to bore you with some of the minor details so we'll fast forward a little bit and I insisted on buying myself candy floss because I had missed out on it when we met Ryan at that carnival. Then after that, he told me to get into the car (using a different word choice after I protested) and I had to oblige and we drove off in the direction of a bunch of houses. "What are we doing here?" I asked, scrunching my brows together in confusion. "We," he emphasised. "Are going to play ding, dong ditch." My eyes lit up. "No way." I say as I widen my eyes. "Yes way." he grinned. "Now come on." he said. We got out of the car and travelled to the first door, Justin hissing instructions (did you know there were instructions for these kinds of things?) in my ear. I took a deep breath and rung the doorbell as Justin stood near a bush that was placed conveniently near by. "Come." Justin gestured wildly. I ran as fast as I could towards him and hid behind the bush. A few moments later the door swung open to reveal an old man who I managed to see having a frown on his face. "Where did they go?" he muttered crossly and went back inside and closed the door. "And now for part two." Justin muttered. He got up and made his way cautiously to the door once more. "What are you-" I didn't get a chance to finish because he shushed me abruptly and rolled his eyes. Then he rang the doorbell again and came towards me and behind the bush. The old man made his way to the door and opened it, frowning deeply. "I don't.." he mumbled. "You pesky kids better keep your hands off my doorbell!" he yelled into the night then shook his head and went to turn back inside when he stopped abruptly. "I'll go get my guns; that way they won't do it again." My eyes widened and I looked at Justin. The minute the door shut, we rushed to the car without question and got in before Justin began speeding down the road. "Do you think he was really going to bring out a gun?" I asked. "All I know is that I wouldn't want to stick around and find out." he said.
-
So Justin and I hit a couple more houses after that before he had to drive me home because we'd break Nick's curfew and now we were standing in front of the car that was parked in the driveway. "I had a really good time tonight." I told him honestly. "Thank you." I said. "You're wel-" he cut himself off as an idea seemed to hit him. "Wait, I know how you could thank me." I tilted my head to the side in confusion and he grinned, tapping his lips. I let out a laugh and reached up to capture his lips with mine as my hands instinctively moved to his hair. He gripped my waist, pulling me closer before wrapping his arm around me, securing me to him. "I said three feet!" I pulled away and grinned sheepishly at my boyfriend as Nick began to rage. Brothers, you gotta love em.
-
MY BUCKET LIST
1. Dye the ends of my hair and a lock or two, blue. (with Renee and Marie)
2. Hire agents and tell them to follow each other. (with Justin)
3. Pull a high school prank. (with Justin and Brandon)
4. Learn how to drive a motorcycle. (with Justin)
5. Go to a real, wild party. (with Justin, Renee and Marie)
6. Throw a party while my parents are away. (with Nick, Marie, Renee, Justin, Jason and Dylan)
7. Go laser-tagging. (with Marie, Renee, Justin, Jason and Dylan)
8. Cover someone's car in posters. (with Justin and Brandon)
9. Make volcanoes in a store. (with Justin and Brandon)
10. Ditch school for a day. (with Justin)
11. Pour a drink over someone's head. (Jacob Thompson)
12. Have an accidental paint fight. (with Nick) 13. Go to a drive-in movie. (with Marie, Renee, Justin, Jason and Dylan)
14. Go to a carnival and win something. (with Justin)
15. Learn how to hot wire a car. (with Justin) 16. Go to a real rock concert. (with Justin)
17. Watch the sunset from the top of a hill. (with Justin)
18. Have a movie marathon. (with Renee, Marie, Jason, Dylan and Justin)
19. Play ding, dong, and ditch. (with Justin) 20. Redecorate my room. (with Nick)
21. Be in a band. (with Marie, Renee, Justin, Jason, Dylan and Austin)
22. Sneak out at midnight. (with Justin)