23

Selena's POV:

Selena's POV:

Recap:
"Stop!" I giggled, struggling to move away from his hands. "Never." he grinned down at me. He continued tickling me mercilessly. I rolled and struggled but he was tickling me so hard I was gasping for breath. I moved jerkily and then a deep voice put a halt to the current happenings. "What's going on here?" I froze and so did Justin and I felt his fingers stop tickling, abruptly. I hardly dared to breathe. Who the hell was this? My eyes turned to meet the interrupting person's eyes and I nearly let out a gasp at the familiar green. A man with piercing and strikingly familiar green eyes, a tall frame and light brown hair was frowning at me. He looked an awful lot like Justin. Oh God, he couldn't be.. "Dad?" Justin said. Suspicions confirmed. "Justin," Mr Bieber greeted coolly. "I wasn't aware we had guests." he looked me up and down with an unreadable expression and I began to get uncomfortable. Suddenly realising I was still sprawled across the floor, I hauled myself up hastily. Well, that must not have been the best first impression. Meanwhile, Justin was scowling at his dad. "Since when was there a we?" he sneered at his father. His green eyes were flashing in a way I've never seen them before. "This is not the time, son." Mr Bieber glanced at me. "We have guests." he said. "I am not your son." Justin spat. "I don't have a father." A vein bulged on Justin's dad's neck, making it look like he was going to explode so I quickly intervened. I placed a hand on Justin's heaving chest and whispered; "Just calm down, okay? This isn't the time, Sophie and Brandon are waiting upstairs." Justin's face softened slightly and nodded. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. Mr Bieber watched us with a puzzled expression. "You didn't tell me you had a girlfriend." he stated, clearly surprised. I blushed a bright red and stepped back. I was astonished to see Justin in the same state, his cheeks tinted a faint pink. Is he.. blushing? "Sh-she isn't my girlfriend." He mumbled. "Yeah," I spoke. "He's not my boyfriend." Mr Bieber didn't believe us. "Mmm-hmm." I opened my mouth and so did Justin and together we protested why it simply wasn't possible, though I really didn't mind the idea of being his girlfriend. Then I glanced up and saw Mr Bieber's lips twitching and I stopped my protests immediately and burst out laughing. Justin looked at me like I was crazy but light dawned on his face when his dad followed suit. "Seriously?" He raised an eyebrow. I smiled weakly. "It was funny." I shrugged. He gave me an amused smile. "Are you sure you two aren't dating?" Mr Bieber questioned and my cheeks warmed. Justin seemed to snap out of his amused state and his cold dameanor returned. "Why the hell do you care?" he demanded. I mentally face-palmed. Just when I thought we were making progress.. Geez! I sound like some sort of therapist. Mr Bieber sighed. "Can we not do this right now?" He begged. "Let's just have dinner." Justin looked like he was going to say something but I cut him off before he even started. "I'd better go," I said. "I don't want to intrude.." I say. "You won't be intruding." Mr Bieber insisted. "You must stay.. I'm sorry I don't know your name." he added. "Selena," I introduced. "Selena Gomez." I say. "It's a pleasure, Selena. Please do stay for dinner." Mr Bieber smiled. I glanced uncertainly at Justin who was giving me a pleading look. I gave a hesitant nod and Mr Bieber clapped his hands together. "Fantastic," He beamed. "Where's the cook? Tell her to prepare dinner." Me Bieber asked. "She's on her day off." Justin answered. "You would know that if you were ever around." Justin's dad flinched slightly, his smile fading as he frowned. "I could cook." I offered. "I've cooked a few times at home. I'm not an expert but it doesn't taste too bad.." I broke off. "You can cook?" Justin asked, eyes wide. I rolled my eyes. "Is it that big of a surprise?" I retorted. "For a girl who is a total klutz, I'd say so." He commented. "I'm not a klutz! How am I a klutz?" I say. "You did spill your orange juice on me.." Justin said. "That was one time!" I protested. "Would it be too much to ask for you to cook, Selena?" Mr Bieber asked, putting an end to Justin and I's argument. "I'd love to, Mr Bieber." I smiled. "It's no problem." I say, smiling. "No need to be so formal, my dear." Mr Bieber laughed. "Just call me Jeremy." he says. "Of course Mr Bieb- I mean Jeremy." I smiled politely. "Well, I'd better get cooking. Five people right?" I ask. "Six actually." Mr Bieber corrected. Six? I glanced at Justin but he looked just as puzzled as I was. "Why six?" Justin echoed my thoughts. "I'll be having a business associate join us." Mr Bieber cleared his throat. I frowned for a moment but nodded. Wait a minute.. Mr Bieber was blushing! Would this 'business associate' happen to be a woman? "Well, I'd better get started." I gave Mr Bieber a fleeting smile and started off towards the kitchen with Justin at my heels. "I can't believe he has the nerve to show up here," Justin grumbled. "And then invite a woman here too." Huh. I guess he isn't as clueless as I thought. "It is his house," I reasoned. Justin sent me a glare. I sighed and shook my head. "Well, just - we'll have to deal with it." I interlaced his fingers in mine and gave them a squeeze, a spark flew up my hand, almost making me shiver. "I'm right here. Now go get Bran and Sophie, okay?" He looked like he was going to protest but nodded reluctantly. I gave his hand another squeeze before letting go and walking to the kitchen.