11

Selena's POV:

Selena's POV:

I got to school the next day in an awesome mood. I had a good night's sleep and last night and today was going to be a day I would remember for the rest of my life. Who wouldn't? I never honestly thought I'd have the guts to do something like that but I guess I proved myself wrong. "Back to normal, huh?" A voice said from beside me. Justin looked at me, smirking. For once, I wasn't that annoyed.  "I guess." I replied. "That's a shame." he said. "What?" I questioned. "You did look pretty damn hot." he admitted. "It wasn't me." I stated with my head bent so he wouldn't see me blushing. No such luck. "Aw, you're blushing!" he screetched. "Am not." I said. "Are too." he said. Am not." I said. Are too." he said. "You're annoying." I huffed. "And?" he added. "And nothing. You're just annoying." I said. "And sexy. That's what you were going to say."  "No, I wasn't." I said. "Yeah, you were." he said. Wasn't ." I said. "Was." he said. "Wasn't." I said. "Was." he said. Wasn-" I got cut off. "You guys fight like an old married couple." Renee said, suddenly appearing next to me. "What're you doing here?" I asked. "I have math with you, remember?" She reminded me. "Oh, right." I said. "Damn. I hate math. I'm gonna bounce." Justin groaned. "You can't do that." I stated. "And why not?" he asked. "Because then you might miss something important." I exclaimed. "Like I care." I sighed. The boy was hopeless. "Whatever Justin." I was about to walk into the classroom when he grabbed my wrist and pulled me back. What is with people doing that?  "What?" I asked, annoyed. "You wanna hang out after school?" he asked. "I guess- wait, no, I can't." I said. "Why not?" Renee and Justin asked in unison. "Because, Austin asked me yesterday if I wanted to go out and I said yes." Justin suddenly scowled. "What? I don't trust that guy." He deadpanned.  "You don't even know him!" I argued. "Neither do you!" he snapped back. "I know him well enough to know he's a nice guy." I retaliated. "You've known him for two days!" he exclaimed. "Who I hang out with is none of your business Justin." I snapped. "Whatever, Sel. See you around." He turned and walked away. I stared at his retreating figure. What the hell is his problem? It's not like it matters much to him. "What was that?" Renee exclaimed. I shook my head. I don't know.
-
I waited nervously for Austin to appear out of the school. I'd been waiting for 10 minutes and starting to get a little worried. Finally, I saw his tall frame over some car hoods and raised a hand to tell him where I was.  "Hey," He said, giving me a sheepish smile. "Sorry, Mr Jones stopped me so he could talk to me about my last geography paper." he said. "It's cool, shall we go?" I asked. "Course." I climbed into his awesome Chevrolet. "Your car is awesome." He grinned at me. "Thanks." he said. "Anytime." He started up the car and we sat for a few moments in a comfortable silence. "So.. where are we going?" I asked. "Well, I was thinking Starbucks." he suggested. "Ooh, classy." I teased. "You know it." He shot back, winking at me. I laughed. Well this was going to be fun. It didn't take that long to get to Starbucks since there was one pretty close to the school. Austin opened the door for me and I smiled. We took a booth near the middle of the cafe and sat down. "Welcome to Starbucks." The waitress said, batting her eyelashes at Austin.  "Er.. Hi." Obviously he wasn't comfortable with the attention. "Can I take your order?" She asked, now flipping her hair. "I'll take a cappuccino and a chocolate cupcake please." Austin ordered. "Right away," She turned to me. "What do you want?" she said. Rude. "Um.. I'll take a hot chocolate and a choc chip cookie." I said. "If I were you, I'd lay off the cookies." She did not just say that. "What's that I smell? Jealousy with a hint of desperation." I sneered. "Don't talk to me like that." she said. "In case you haven't noticed, you started it." She turned to face Austin. "I pity you. Why do you even hang out with her?" she said. "Desperate." I said in the middle of fake coughs. She glared at me. "I'll be right back with your order." Throwing Austin one last flirtatious wink, she sashayed back to the counter. "Thank God, I thought she was never gonna leave." Austin sighed. I let out a giggle. "Me too." I agreed. "I'm sorry about that, by the way." he said. "It's okay. It's not your fault that you're hot." I blurted out before I could stop myself. He chuckled. "Thanks." I turned beet red and felt like sinking through the floor. It didn't turn out that bad, though. After my embarrassing outburst, we talked and laughed and eventually, Austin excused himself to go to the bathroom. I felt my phone buzz in my pocket. I took it wondering who it was.
'Unknown: Hey OJ Girl.' What did he want?  'Me: What do you want Bieber? '
'Justin: Are you still with the douche?'
'Me: First, he's not a douche and second, how did you get my number? '
'Justin: That's for me to know and you never to find out. ;)'
'Me: Haha.'
'Justin: Where are you? '
'Me: Why?'
'Justin: Why not?'
'Me: That's stalker-like.'
'Justin: Just tell me.'
'Me: No'
'Justin: I'll find out.'
'Me: Good luck with that.'
Just then, Austin sat down at the table. He looked at my phone. "Who are you texting?" he asked. "Justin." I said. "You gave him your number?" he asked. "No way! I got a text when you went to the bathroom saying; 'Hey, OJ Girl.' and I asked how he got my number and he wouldn't tell me. Idiot." Austin chuckled. "I think he likes you." said, Austin. "Who Justin? No way." I say, shaking my head. "Why not?" he asked. "There's nothing to like and besides, he's Justin Bieber, he only does one-night things." Austin looked unconvinced. "Uh-huh, sure." he says. "Really!" I exclaimed. "If you say so, Sel." he said. "But-" I started, but got cut off. "Hey, OJ Girl." An all too familiar voice said from behind me. How did he find me? He was texting literally just minutes ago! He really is a stalker. I groaned and turned around.  "What do you want?" I asked. "Do you really want to know?" He asked, wiggling his eyebrows. "Probably not. Go away." I said. "I'm feeling the love." he teased. "My bad." I say, rolling my eyes. "Please, like you don't want this." He gestured to his body. "I'm fine." I say. "Right, okay sure." he said. "Can you leave now?" I say, sighning. "And why would I do that?" he questioned. "Because I told you to." I said. "Not good enough." He slid in beside me and threw an arm around my shoulders. I shrugged it off. "Why are you here?" I asked. "I'm going to drop you home." he said. "But I don't have to go home now." I told. "Yeah, you do." he said. Don't." I said. Do." he said. "Don't." I said. He was about to open his mouth again before Austin cut in. "It's okay if you have to go, Sel. We can hang out some other time." He gave me a weak smile. "Great! Thanks man." Justin said before I could reply. He tugged me out of the café. I looked over my shoulder to Austin and mouthed a sorry. He gave me a thumbs up and call me sign. I let Justin drag me towards the parking lot and his sleek Ducati. He gestured for me to get on but I shook my head. "I'm not going anywhere with you." I stated. He groaned. "Just get on the bike, Sel." he sighed. "No." I said.
"Get on before I make you." He threatened.  "How are you gonna do that?" I taunted. Bad move. He advanced towards me and threw me over his shoulder. I started pelting his back with my fists. "Let me go!" I demanded. He didn't answer just set me down on his bike and gave me a helmet. I reluctantly put it on. We didn't talk all through the ride. He finally stopped at a broken fence. "Why are we here? I thought you were dropping me home." I asked.  "I want to show you something." Were his only words before promptly dragging me through the fence and up a hill. "What're we-" he turned my head sideways and the land I saw astounded me. A field my favourite shade of green shown proudly. Flowers of every colour imaginable were littered across it. And as if it couldn't get any better, a bright orange sun shone on it. "It's beautiful." I breathed. "Yeah," He agreed. "Why'd you bring me here?"  "I.. wanted to tell you something." I nodded. "It's about my family." He took a deep breath. "I was 15, my parents are both lawyers, very successful ones. It was always lonely in our house with just me, my brother and sister. My parents were never home." I realised that he was confessing to me. He was telling me his problems; his life story. "I started being wild and reckless because since they were never there, I could do whatever I wanted. They would never know. They found out though, and they moved us here. Even now, they barely ever visit. When they do, they bring their snobby ass fuck 'friends'. We were their fucking possessions. That was all we are. They made me date daughters of people who they wanted deals with and I'd dump 'em afterwards. It was hard to do at first. It felt wrong. But it got easier and soon I was doing with all the girls in school. To be fair, they know my reputation so it's their fault they get hurt. When I turned 16, I caught my Mum cheating on my Dad with one of his colleagues. I exposed her and they got a divorce. These days, my dad comes home once a month and never stays. He's always drowning himself in work. He doesn't give a fuck. I hate them, I hate them both." I stay open-mouthed through the story. How dare his parents treat him and his siblings like that? What kind of parents would do that? I don't blame him for hating them. If I was him, I sure would. "I can't tell you anything that could possibly make it any better but just so you know, I'm always here for you. Saying 'I'm sorry', isn't going to help. I figured that much. So just remember.. if you need to talk, I'm here." He stared at me for a while before wrapping his arms around my waist and hugging me. I hugged him back. It felt right, hugging him. I didn't want it to end. For some reason I felt safe. Cliché right? After what seemed like an eternity, he pulled away.  "Now I'm going to ask you something, okay?" He said looking me dead in the eye. I nodded. "I want you to tell me about your past."