26

Selena's POV:

Selena's POV:

"Wakey, wakey!" Someone was shaking me under all the covers that lay on top of me. I groaned and buried my face in my pillow. I don't want to get up now and I won't. "Shut up and go away," I moaned. "I'm asleep." A chuckle sounded from above me and I pulled my covers back over my head to block out the noise. "If you were asleep you wouldn't be able to say anything, smartass." I clutched the covers tighter against my body, my face never moving from the pillow. "I'm sleep talking." I mumbled. This time my covers were yanked completely off my body, leaving me freezing on my bed. I shot straight up and scowled in annoyance. Really? I stay at home on a school day and no one can leave me in peace? "What?" I snapped. My brother rolled his eyes and chuckled again. "If you don't want me to tell Mum that you're suspended, you'd better get up." Nick threatened. I take back everything I said about him being the best brother ever. This boy is the devil. I groaned and rubbed my eyes. "Okay, okay, I'm up." I said. Stretching my arms up and heaving my unwilling body out of bed, I walked towards my cupboard, bumping lazily into Nick in the process. Pulling out a random pair of shirt and jeans, I paused to glance at my brother as a question hit me. "What'd you tell her anyway?" Nick understood what I was talking about. "Said I was pulling you out to spend time with you for the next few days." he answered, smirking smugly at his supposed genius answer. I rolled my eyes but felt my lips twitch upwards. "And she believed that?" I said as I turned to go to the bathroom. Nick shrugged. "I can be pretty convincing when I want to be." He smirked proudly and I decided not to hit him on the head, after all, he had saved me from being grounded. "What if the school calls?" I inquired. Nick frowned and tapped his finger on his chin before his eyes lit up, letting me know he had been struck by some awesome idea. "I'll call to confirm this morning, then they won't bother us again." He nodded. "Yup," He confirmed. "I am a genius." I laughed at his cockiness to which he pouted. He placed his hands on his hips and did a Tyra Bank's neck roll. "What? Are you doubting my awesome brain power?" I cracked up, he's such a girl. He smiled at me. "I'll be downstairs." He informed me. "Get dressed." I gave Nick a mock salute to which he laughed and left my room. After throwing my clothes on I jogged downstairs where a heavenly scent drifted to my nose from the kitchen. Mmmmm, was that-  "Ready for your favourite waffles in the whole world?" Nick grinned and tossed some more waffles on a plate and shoved it in my direction. "You remembered!" I squealed. Nick gave me a flat look. "I went to college to learn, not have my memories wiped." he said. I rolled my eyes and bit into the Nutella covered waffle. Moaning loudly, I recalled the first time Nick had ever made these things.

Flashback
You ate my waffles!" my ten-year-old self exclaimed, throwing my hands in the air. Nicky smirked at me and took another huge bite out of my waffle. Why would he do that? Was this because I broke his PS4 game last week? I thought we were over that. "What are you going to do about it?" he taunted, deliberately licking his lips. I scowled at my meanie of a brother. I thought for a moment about attacking him but I don't think it would make much difference. He was much stronger than me. A plan crept up in my mind and a sly smile graced my face for a moment before I wiped it off. I began to fake-sob and pretended to cry.  "You're so mean," I sobbed. "You took m-my w-w-waffles." Nick's eyes widened in alarm at the sight of me crying and I saw his obvious panic, making it hard for me not to snicker.  "I'm sorry." He rushed, he began to pat my back awkwardly but my fake cries didn't cease. It was so much fun to see him panic, these days especially. Nick was going through that phase where he was too cool to do anything and didn't have that much time for me. Well, at least not around his friends. "How'll I eat now?" I complained. "Mum didn't make anymore." Nick looked hurriedly around the kitchen before his eyes fell on Mum's recipe book. He began flipping through it and when he found what he wanted, he began yanking things out of the fridge. "What're you doing?" I asked out of curiosity. He shot me a nervous glance. "If I make you waffles, will you stop crying?" He asked, mixing a bunch of ingredients together. "Maybe," I shrugged before adding; "but you don't know how to cook." I exclaimed. Nick shot me a smirk over his shoulder. "I'm cooking right now aren't I?" He pointed out. I stuck my tongue out at him.  "Whatever, it doesn't mean they're going to be any good." Nick put down the bowl and turned to me, with a sly smile on his face. He shrugged. "Okay," he said. "Let's bet on it. If you're wrong then I get your allowance this week." I smirked. "And if I'm right?" I ask. "Then you get my allowance." I lost five pounds that day.