2

Selena's POV:

Selena's POV:

"Oh my gosh! I am so sorry! I didn't me-" I started to say but he cut me off. "You should be! You destroyed my shirt! You'd better take it to the cleaners." He snapped. His green eyes glittering with irritation. I know I should've been afraid and probably really apologetic and stuff but I wasn't. I mean accidents happen right? I'm pretty sure that anyone else in my place would have been shaking but I didn't feel like it. Yeah, I know, I spilt OJ all over his precious t-shirt but there was no reason to overreact like that. I mean, God! He's acting like some sort of spoilt child. "So are you going to apologise or what?" He demanded. I was taken aback. I had tried to apologise. And straight away too! Didn't he realise that? He was the one who cut me off. He's acting like a spoilt brat. What the hell? Who does he think he is? King of the world? It hadn't helped that I had had a shit day in maths but on top of that he himself had held up an entire lunch line so he could flirt and he obviously didn't give a shit. Then, I, accidentally, spill OJ on him and he goes batshit crazy. Is he serious? Defence and intense anger built up inside me. I haven't felt this reckless since I was 13 years old. I was usually a forgiving person but this arrogant boy standing in front of me was working up my last nerve. There was no way I was apologising to him now. He doesn't deserve it. Apologies were supposed to be given if people deserved them, not when they are assholes and demand that other people do things. "Heck no, I'm not going to apologise to you! Who do you think you are? I tried at first but you cut me off. That's not my fault. Accidents happen! Plus it's just a stupid t-shirt! I did not ruin it. It can be washed can't it? Or will that be too much for you to handle?" I blurted out. I hadn't noticed till then but a small crowd had gathered around us and was staring intently like it was the last 5 minutes of a football game and the scores were tied. I stared at the crowd. They stared back. Then suddenly I thought why they were staring at me and not Justin. He was rude and the reaction wasn't like this. They probably thought I was some weakling that couldn't stand up for herself, I huffed. Then, I realised that's exactly what they thought and began to get mad all over again. I was always the good girl, the nerd, the school's sunshine girl if you must call it. I hadn't realised to this moment exactly how stereotypical our school was. Here I was, surrounded by people I had known for at least 3 years of my life and they seemed utterly astonished by my reaction. Did nobody think I was capable of saying anything? Did they really think that only nice thoughts went through this mind? Apparently so. It was pathetic. My reputation. What other people thought. Their baffling surprise. I looked up to see Justin's reaction and found it to be no different than any of the others. I doubted he had ever talked to me before, probably just heard the rumours. Maybe he didn't even know who I was and honestly, I'm not surprised. High school is all about popularity and where you stand. I was likely to be as far away as I could probably get but still. Who were they to judge who I am? What I'm like. What I do. The answer to that was simple, they can't. They have no right. They aren't in any position to judge me, they're not friends, they're not family. They can't. "Take a picture, it lasts longer." I finally snapped. I just couldn't take standing there any longer. I pushed my way through a whispering crowd, listening to some of their comments as I walked passed. "No way was that her." someone said. "Who does she think she is?" someone snapped. "Fuck, I'd hate to be her." someone whispered. "Justin is going to kill her." someone said. "I didn't think she'd have the guts to do something like that." I heard. Every step I walked, one thing or another was being said but at that moment I didn't really care. All I wanted was to get out of there. Angry thoughts, memories, flashbacks that was all their words brought back. Pain so ancient I thought for sure that it had faded. I knew what people must be thinking. I didn't even want to know what Justin was thinking. He was probably back there plotting my demise. The bell rang again and I wrenched my books out of my neatly organised locker. I stormed into English and wanted nothing more than to get away but of course I couldn't. People were watching me. They had probably heard what had happened in the lunch room. I wasn't surprised though. Gossip flew fast in Crosswell. I tried my best to ignore them and was thankful when the teacher finally started talking. I opened up my notebook and started scribbling away. As I did so quietly, there was only one thing on my mind. What the hell did I just do?