12

Selena's POV:

Selena's POV:

I stared at him in complete astonishment. How did he know? Did someone tell him? Oh God, I hated even thinking about it. How was I even sure I could trust him? "I don't know what you're talking about." I stated, my face betraying no emotion. "Cut the bullshit, Selena. I know something happened." Selena. He called me Selena. Shit, he was serious. "I don't know if I can tell you." I said. "Do you trust me?" he asked. "I guess." I said. "Then tell me."  He didn't know what he was asking me to do. He was going to bring out memories, shadows, pain and all the horrible things you could imagine. You know you have to face it someday, my conscious nagged. Sure, I had told Renee and Marie but I had known them both for a year. I hadn't known Justin for even a month. But you know what the worst part was? I wanted to tell him, I really, really did. But what about the risks? Would he desert me after this? No, he wouldn't. He trusted me so I had to trust him. "I was in 7th grade when it all started. I was new in school and a little shy. My teacher assigned me a 'buddy' so I could make new friends. Me and my buddy became good friends and soon enough I had a crowd of friends. It was pretty much perfect. I had everything a girl could want; great friends, an awesome family and I was reasonably liked by almost everyone. Then they happened. Three girls; Natalia, Melissa and Diane. They were among the more popular crowd so when they started talking to me, I was thrilled. I was so unbelievably stupid. They were cheerleaders, all the boys were chasing them, so why would they hang out with someone like me? I found myself spending more and more time with them and less with my friends. Soon enough, I only hung out with them. It was only when I became completely devoted to them. I trusted them. I let out my deepest secrets, my deepest fears. Things I'd never tell anyone else. That's how much I trusted them. Then, I began to notice little things. People would have fear in their eyes as they walked by. People would shy away and create a path just for them to walk on like a red carpet. It was impossible to think that anyone would speak to me. It wasn't till I walked into the girls' bathroom that I knew why. They were all in a stance and advancing towards a girl trapped in a corner and calling her spiteful things. But, that wasn't the worst of it. They actually physically hit her. I didn't even know who she was but I instantly felt guilty. It could just have easily been me in there instead of her. I was so blinded I didn't even realise who they really were. I ran out, I couldn't believe what they were doing. I didn't want to believe them. For a time, I watched silently, never letting them know I was there. But soon enough, I couldn't take it anymore; I confronted them about it and it didn't go too well. As soon as they found out that I knew, they started abusing me, mentally and physically. They called me many things; pathetic, worthless, slutty, idiotic. They would hit and slap me but had to draw the line somewhere. They needed me. If I came to school with bruises, teacher's would ask and that would give them away. I mean, after all, if the model child was friends with them, then it couldn't be anything serious. It went on for a year and a half before I decided that I didn't want to stay anymore. I did the only thing I could think of. When I got home, I went and pulled out the pills that could save me from a life of pain." I saw Justin's sharp intake of breath. "I didn't get to though. Nick, my brother, walked in, just I was about to do it. He forced me to tell him everything and soon enough, Natalia, Melissa and Diane were expelled. Well that's it, I guess. Marie turned up the next year and went through some bullying, so I helped her. We became friends and Renee appeared a year later." I took a shaky breath and peered at Justin from under my lashes. He wasn't looking at me in disgust as I expected, instead there was sorrow and was that.. admiration? "Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked. "You- I don't get it." he started. "What do you mean?" I asked, confused. "You feel guilty because the people who deceived you, hurt other people and it wasn't even your fault. You survived almost two years of being both mentally and physically tortured. Don't you see how brave you are?" My breath caught in my throat. "I wasn't brave. If I was brave, then I would've stood up to them. If I was brave I wouldn't have.. you know." I said. "You don't see it but I do." Was all he said before crushing me in a hug. I returned it. I felt strangely relieved that someone else knew. I just hope it won't change anything. We turned to watch the sunset and I never felt so peaceful. I guess it's interesting what happens when you get stuff off your chest. Maybe, it'll all be okay after all.

MY BUCKET LIST

1. Dye the ends of my hair and a lock or two, blue.(With Renee and Marie) 
2. Hire agents and tell them to follow each other. 
3. Pull a high school prank. 
4. Learn how to drive a motorcycle. 
5. Go to a real, wild party. (With Justin, Renee and Marie) 
6. Throw a party while my parents are away. 
7. Go laser-tagging. 
8. Cover someone's car in posters. 
9. Make volcanoes in a store. 
10. Ditch school for a day. 
11. Pour a drink over someone's head. (Jacob Thompson) 
12. Have an accidental paint fight. 
13. Go to a drive-in movie. 
14. Go to a carnival and win something. 
15. Learn how to hotwire a car. 
16. Go to a real rock concert. 
17. Watch the sunset from the top of a hill. (With Justin) 
18. Have a movie marathon. (With Renee, Marie, Jason, Dylan and Justin) 
19. Play ding,dong,ditch. 
20.Redecorate my room. 
21. Be in a band 
22. Sneak out at midnight. (with Justin)