10

Selena's POV:

Selena's POV:

"Oh my God! That's so fucking rude!" Renee exclaimed. "Yeah." I agreed. "Don't let him get to you," Marie advised. "You're beautiful; don't let anyone make you think any different." I smiled. "Hey, there's an idea!" Renee said suddenly. "Why don't we show them just how awesome you are?" she exclaimed. "What do you mean?" I asked. "I mean, let's dress you up so they see just how wrong they were about you." she said. "That's a great idea!" Marie agreed. "Oh no- no way.." I began but they both wouldn't hear it. They gave me a 'you're-not-getting-out-of-this' look and I knew I had no choice. "Let's do it." 
-
I stared self-consciously into the mirror. The outfit Renee and Marie picked out for me was pretty hot but so not me. I was wearing tight, black leather pants that clung to my legs with a dark blue tank top. On top of that, was my leather jacket (yeah that's right, I have a leather jacket) and my leggy black boots. I had smoky eyes and luscious lips. Not only that, but my parents had agreed to let me dip-dye my hair like I wanted so it was blonde. Yeah I know, most girls would kill to have an outfit like this but me? I wanted nothing more than to get out of it. This outfit wasn't exactly boosting my self-confidence. I had a piece of fabric clinging to every curve and well.. I'm not at all sure if it looked as hot as my friends did. Or that I didn't look as hot as my friends thought I did. They're probably biased. It probably looked awfully slutty but my friends don't get that, apparently. How am I supposed to pull this off? "You guys, I'm not so sure-" I started but Marie cut me off. "Look, Sel, I know you're nervous, but you have no reason to be. You are amazing inside and out and it's time for other people to see what we see. You've been hiding away too long. It's time to step out of the shadow." Renee looked impressed at her speech and gave herself a nod of approval. I just smiled. "How long did it take you to come up with that?" I asked. "20 minutes, give or take." She smirked. "Only 20 minutes! You're a terrible best friend!" Both she and Renee laughed. "See? You haven't lost your sense of humour." Renee pointed out. I gave her a weak smile and didn't say anything for the rest of the ride. My nerves grew as we approached the gate but I tried to remain calm. I got out of the car and made my way into the building with my head bent. I rushed to my locker and frantically began pulling things out. "Sel! I've been looking for you. Look, I just wanted to say-" I spun round and Justin stopped speaking abruptly. His hungry eyes roamed up and down my body, making me feel both flustered and slightly uncomfortable. The boy wasn't even making a move to hide it. "My eyes are up here." I finally reminded him. "Sorry." He said with a rueful smile. "You just look so damn hot." I blushed. "Um.. thanks." I said. "No really, I'm sorry. What I said last night was totally uncalled for and I was wrong. So I'm sorry." I was taken aback. Him apologising was the last thing I had expected. I wasn't sure if I should forgive him though. That would totally ruin the plan and I would have dressed up all for nothing. I looked into his caramel orbs and saw sincerity so I did the natural thing. I forgave him. "I forgive you." I said. "Good." Then he promptly smirked. "So, what's with the get-up?" I sighed, well that didn't take long.  "Renee and Marie forced me into it." I explained. "And you said yes?" he asked. "They threatened me!" I said, defending myself. "Sure, sure." He chuckled while I huffed. I opened my mouth to make a snappy retort when I heard wolf-whistles from behind me. I turned to see Jacob Thompson, captain of the football team, and the rest of his crew grinning like Cheshire cats. "Hey babe." Jacob greeted. "You new? I'd be happy to give you the tour." Anger surged within me. I'd known who this guy was since 7th grade and he was asking if I was new? What the hell? Was I really that invisible? Not cool. I decided to ignore him and be the better person; unfortunately he didn't get the hint. "We could 'hang out' and get to know each other better." He said, winking at me. I couldn't take it anymore. This guy was making me so damn mad I was going to explode; so I did the next best thing. "Sure," I said, walking closer to him. I gave him my sweetest smile. He gave his friends a smug smile. "I thought you would say so." He smirked at me. I peered up at him through my lashes.  "There's something I need to do first though." I gave him my most dazzling smile as I moved closer. "Yeah? What would that be?" he asked, moving closer. "This." I reached into my jacket where I kept a small OJ bottle and emptied it.. right over his head. "You bitch." He spluttered. I smirked. "And proud of it." was my reply before sashaying away. It didn't take long before Justin was at my heels. "What was that?" He asked, eyes wide. "Nothing much." I shrugged. He grinned at me. "I like this confidence, OJ Girl." he said smirking. "Something tells me that you'll be seeing it a whole lot more." I replied. "Oh and about Jacob's offer I could make a good replace-" Justin started. "Shut up." I said, cutting him off.
-
On my way to 2nd period, I collided with someone in the hallway. "Oh I'm sor- Sel?" I looked up to see Austin staring at me. "Yeah?" I said. "Nothing you just look.. different." he said. "Good different?" I asked. "Definitely." he replied. "So listen, I was wondering if you would like to hang out tomorrow? I mean, not like a date or anything, just as friends." he said. "I'd love to." I smiled at him. "Great! See you tomorrow then!" He sauntered away and was swallowed up by the crowd. Oh shit! I've got to get to math! 
-
My day was going great until I was grabbed by the wrist and pulled into the girls' bathroom.  "What the-" I cut myself off. In front of me was Nicole aka Queen Bitch and school slut. "What do you think you're doing with my boyfriend, slut?" She sneered. "What boyfriend? I thought you were a one-night stand girl." I shot back.  "Are you calling me a slut? Just stay away from Justin." she exclaimed. "Oh, is he your boyfriend? I think you'd want to explain to him why you've been sleeping around with all the guys in the football team." I snapped back. "Look who's talking slut. Just do what I tell you and stay away from Justin." she said. "Or what?" I replied. "I'll make your life a living hell." I rolled my eyes. "You can try." I tested. "Oh I will. Just stay away from Justin." she said. "Okay look, chica. Let me get something straight. One, I don't want your precious Justin. And two, I can hang out with whoever I want. If you're done wasting my time, I'll be going." I walked out of school without a backwards glance. Selena 1, Nicole 0. Take that, bitch. Justin was already waiting for me on his bike. "What took you so long?" He asked. "Nothing, just got held up." After that, I remember walking home after having a damn good day. 

MY BUCKET LIST 
1. Dye the ends of my hair and a lock or two, blue. (With Renee and Marie) 
2.Hire agents and tell them to follow each other. 
3.Pull a high school prank. 
4.Learn how to drive a motorcycle. 
5.Go to a real, wild party. (With Justin, Renee and Marie) 
6. Throw a party while my parents are away. 
7. Go laser-tagging. 
8. Cover someone's car in posters. 
9. Make volcanoes in a store. 
10. Ditch school for a day. 
11. Pour a drink over someone's head. (Jacob Thompson) 
12. Have an accidental paint fight. 
13. Go to a drive-in movie. 
14. Go to a carnival and win something. 
15. Learn how to hotwire a car. 
16. Go to a real rock concert. 
17. Watch the sunset from the top of a hill. 
18. Have a movie marathon. (With Renee, Marie, Jason, Dylan and Justin) 
19. Play ding,dong,ditch. 
20. Redecorate my room. 
21. Be in a band 
22. Sneak out at midnight. (with Justin)