28

Selena's POV:

Selena's POV:

"Got any plans for New Years?" Justin asked me. I turned to Renee and Marie who both shrugged so I turned back to Justin. "Nope." I replied. "Not doing very much this year." I say. Justin grinned mischievously. "That's what you think." he smirks. "Wha-" he pulled a green piece of paper and I rolled my eyes. Really? This again? "We're going to go laser tagging." I frowned. "Just you and me? That's not going to be any fun." He mock-gasped, clutching at his heart. "You wound me, fair maiden." He said dramatically. I laughed. "Then I hast done my job, Sir." I teased. He pretended to frown. "Ye is one h'rrible woman." he continued. "So hurtful to thy Knight in shining armour." he says. "Knight in shining armor?" I raised both eyebrows. "That's a suprise." I say. "Their flirting is so weird." I heard Marie whisper to Renee and I turned abruptly. "It's not flirting." I objected. "Ah ha," Renee nodded while smirking. "Suuure." I glared at her. "Whatever." I snapped. "Go kiss your boyfriend or something." I say. Renee smiled deviously. "You know what? I think I will." she then promptly walked over to Jason and planted her lips on his. He didn't waste any time in kissing her back, wrapping his arms around her waist and pulling her on his lap. I made a disgusted noise at the back of my throat. "Gross." I shuddered. "Oh, get a room!" Justin yelled. They didn't listen of course, and continued making out like there was no tomorrow. "You want to talk about it outside?" I asked Justin. "So we don't have to watch this?" Justin nodded uneasily. "Yeah," he smirked. "I don't think they'll be stopping any time soon." Hurriedly getting up from my chair, I walked after Justin and pushed through the doors. "Use protection, you two!" Marie hollered after us. My face flushed scarlet. She just had to say that didn't she? "So what plans are you talking about?" I asked as an attempt to change the subject. He smirked, obviously knowing exactly what I was doing but right now, I really don't care. "That's a surprise." He smirked at my scowling. I hate surprises. I opened my mouth to say as much but he butted in before I could say anything. "And I don't care if you like them or not so don't bother protesting." I sigh. "You already said we'd go laser tagging." I reminded him. "What else could we possibly do?" I ask. "That's for me to know and you to find out." He smirked again and I had to sit on my hands to keep them from slapping him. Stupid, cocky, arrogant, smirky boy. Wait, is smirky even a word? I huffed and folded my arms. "I hate you." I stated. "You love me." he says. "Hate." I say. We argued back and forth about this until I sighed. I crossed my arms and glared at him. "Whatever." I gave up. There was no winning with him. "So.. you admit you love me." He smirked. I snorted. "I never said that." I say. "Oh, but you did." he said. We then argued back and forth anout this until we got interrupted. "Why is it that whenever we find you two, you guys are always arguing about stupid things?" Dylan gave a dramatic sigh. "I don't know what to do with you." he says. "Tell your idiot of a best friend that I never admitted to loving him." I crossed my arms and nodded towards Justin. Dylan turned to Justin. "Tell Sel that there is no point in denying it." Justin smirked. "Tell him that he's an idiot." I say. "Tell her that she's in denial." he says. "Tell him that he's delusional." Dylan looked from Justin to me and then back to Justin and stepped backwards allowing us to continue our argument. "Tell her that she's in denial." Jason looked torn between amusement and irritation as he looked helplessly at his girlfriend who rolled her eyes. I opened my mouth to respond when Marie slapped one hand over my mouth, the other over Justin's. "Shut up." she ordered. I nodded in defeat and I saw Justin doing the same. "Right, now we need a plan for tomorrow." Justin removed her hand from his mouth. "Like I said.. we'll go laser tagging and there's a surprise after." Justin says. Seeing Renee glance pleadingly at Jason he added; "No point in asking them either, they're sworn to secrecy." Renee continued with the puppy dog eyes. "Please, Jason." She batted her eyelids as she walked towards him. She slid an arm around his neck and drew designs on his chest with her finger using the other. "Please?" she begged. "Dude." Justin warned. "You give in and you're no longer a man." I gave him an amused look. "So you're saying," Marie said, sounding as amused as I was. "that if a member of the male sex gives into a woman, they are no longer a man? Justin, dear, that resolve won't last long." she says. "And why not?" Justin challenged. "Because as soon as you find someone that you like, then you won't be able to resist." Marie answered, confident as ever. Justin snorted. "Like that would happen." he muttered and I felt my heart sink a little in my chest. What was I thinking? It's not like he'd ever like me. Dylan glanced at Justin then turned to his other best friend who seemed like he's in a bit of a situation. "He won't give in." Dylan stated firmly. "He won't." Marie and I raised an eyebrow. "Wanna bet?" I challenged. Dylan smirked. "Ten bucks says he won't give in." He held his hand out for me to shake. I took it. "You're on." Justin looked curiously between the two of us. "What?" He asked. "You're friend over here-" I jutted a finger in Dylan's direction. "-claims that Renee won't be able to force your 'surprise' out of Jason. I say she will." Justin smirked. "Jason wouldn't give in." He shook his head. "I'm in." he says.
-
Two minutes later:
"I won! I won!" I chanted, doing a little victory dance around the two grief-stricken looking boys. "You owe me ten bucks. Pay up!" Justin and Dylan groaned in unison and handed me two crisp banknotes. "Seriously, bro?" Dylan said, irritated. "Where's your pride?" Jason smiled sheepishly. "Sorry," He shrugged. "I can't believe that just happened." Justin muttered. Renee, Marie and I high-fived each other. Marie smirked at her soon-to-be boyfriend. "I told you." She said gleefully. Dylan rolled his eyes. "Yeah, yeah, whatever." But he was smiling. They. Are. So. Freaking. ADORABLE. Almost as if reading my thoughts, Justin put a hand on my shoulder. "Don't mess with them." He whispered. "They'll get together, eventually." I grinned. "But if they don't," I whispered back. "we can always help them." Justin shook his head, grinning. "You're unbelievable." I bumped my shoulder with his. "It's all part of my charm." I say. "Still crazy." He objected. "But you love it." I teased.
-
"Hurry up!" Renee rushed. "They're going to be here any minute." I was all the way upstairs and I could hear her rushing around like a maniac. Hesitating, I started to go downstairs. "Relax, Ren." I heard Marie soothe. I snickered. What's the big deal? It's just all of us going laser tag. Nothing to get excited about. I reached the bottom of the steps and cleared my throat. Renee turned to me with narrowed eyes. "What are you wearing?" she shrieked. I looked down. What's wrong with my clothes? I frowned. "Um, jeans and a t-shirt?" I answered but it came out more like a question. She stomped her foot. "You can't go out looking like that!" I glanced down at my attire; comfortable set of jeans and an Imagine Dragons band tee. That's acceptable, isn't it? "You know," I said slowly. "We're only going to be playing laser tag and watching a movie." she swelled like a bullfrog. "You don't have to go out looking like an Emo!" she cried. Okay, is it just me or is she being really weird today? My questioning glance shot to Marie who mouthed something to which my mouth turned to an 'o'. I stood unsure what to do for a while until the doorbell finally rang. Thank you, thank you, thank you, I internally chanted. God bless them all. Opening the door I smiled at my saviours (all of them extremely good looking by the way.) "Thank you." I breathed. They looked confused and amused at the same time. "What?" Jason asked. I sighed waving them inside. "Just come in." I said helplessly.
-
2 minutes later
Renee was crying hysterically. Jason was patting her back. Marie was in the kitchen. Dylan looked uncomfortable. Justin had his phone out and was taking a video. And I was staring at it all wondering how quickly things happened in a span of two minutes. You all must be pretty confused so I'll let you know what happened.