Drive

A/N
Hey guys. I'm sorry that I've not uploaded recently. Basically, I've moved up a year in school and so now I've got much harder work to do. I need to look over my work everyday and learn new stuff. So I'm a little busy with that. As well as that I read over my full book in order to make the next chapters. Also, since I've not updated in like forever I decided to publish two chapters for you to read. I hope you like them. Please let me know what you thought of them as well. Thanks x

Shimmer's POV

So we were currently sitting in the lounge. Damien, Zayden and I. Zayden flew over from Paris to here a few hours ago. Rosie was currently sleeping because she was so tired from the airplane. I had just finished checking if she were asleep before I sat down on one of the sofas closer to Damien.
             We were all just about to discuss what would be happening over the next few weeks. I was a little tired but I listened carefully. I had to. My life was in danger and if Devon or my "dad" got what he wanted then Rosie would be left alone with no blood relative alive and to take care of her.
"We will need to do some training." Zayden spoke, he then looked over to me " I know you haven't fought at Nightfall in a while due to your bullet wounds but..." he trailed off and I nodded. It was true. I hadn't been to Nightfall in ages. Months even. Since I got shot I couldn't fight. I couldn't even train.
              Recently I noticed that I was beginning to gain a little weight as well. Guess I would just need to suck it up now face the harsh realities of life. I mean I can't run away from danger for long. One point or another I'll have to face Devon. And when I do I'll be ready.
"Babe!" I heard someone say. I blinked my eyes as I was pulled away from my thoughts. I then realized that Damien was looking at me.
"What?" I replied. I sighed a little before Damien spoke.
"We all need to train. We need to be ready because I'm not giving you up. I don't want you,,," he trailed off struggling speak. "dead." He ended. I saw sadness in his eyes.
"I won't. Look I'll be ready when the time comes. I can't run away from Devon all my life. If he wants to kill me then I'm not going down without a fight and I won't let him touch me. Just promise me that you'll keep Rosie safe. I can't lose her and I don't want her to see me weak and unable to protect her. I have to face him one way or another anyways." I spoke, determination lining my voice.
"If you want I can get one of my contacts and have a safe house rented for you. It'll ensure your safety." Zayden spoke. I had forgotten about him.
"No! Like I said I can't keep running from him. If I run it's only going to make him even more excited to kill me. Plus, I've been such a burden towards Damien. I've been staying here for months when I have an apartment rented out." Shit! I had forgotten all about the apartment.
"Your apartment! You've not checked on it in ages." Damien spoke.
"I'll go the now and check whilst Rosie is sleeping." I spoke and stood up. Damien held my wrist as I began walking.
"Not on your own." He spoke as he stood up.
"Look..." I began but then Zayden spoke.
"He's right. Anything could have happened there. Your life is in danger and someone might have done something to your apartment. You never so. It's better safe than sorry." Zayden then said with worry in his voice.
"Guys I'll be fine. Honestly. Besides, who would go there and do something. It's locked anyways..." I trailed off.
Once again I lifted my lazy ass off of the sofa and stood up. Putting my jacket and shoes on didn't take long. I then grabbed my keys and went to the door.
"Shimmer!" Zayden shouted. I'm fine. That was my reply. I walked out of Damien house and got on my motorcycle.
I sped along the roads wanting to get this over and done with. I sighed as the red lighs turned on. I stopped my motorcycle and waiting. I was busy in though when I heard a familiar voice.
"Look who it is." His voice rang in my head. I looked at him with no expression.
"What are you doing here?" I asked him.
"Babe, I don't need your permission to drive around town tryna get drunk...do I?" He spoke with a smug smirk. I rolled my eyes.
"Hey, eyes up here!" I spoke as he looked to my chest. His eyes met my eyes. Beautiful blue.
"Don't call me babe Kieran fucking Romano." I shouted.
"Mmmm...attitude! So you still haven't told me who you actually are." He replied. I grew angry and thanked the lights that they turned green. I sped off leaving Kieran staring at me. I gave him the finger whilst I turned the corner. He feigned hurt and I rolled my eyes yet again and then concentrated on the road.
          My mind then flicked to Devon and Crevan. Why did they want me in their gang? They could have chose anyone! But they chose me... Why? Why do I posses that someone else doesn't. It annoys me to think that every second  my life is in danger!
             If mean if you knew someone was after you wouldn't you be paranoid and scared for your life with so many questions that they run through your head a lot. I sighed and let out a deep breath before turning left. I had to get rid of Crevan  and Devon fast. Rosie's life could potentially be in danger as well and I'm her only blood relative alive.
           I don't want her to be alone in this harsh world where she has no real family...I mean yes Damien is here but for how long will he let us stay with him. I know that he is scared as well and that he wants me to be safe but...what if...no he wouldn't!
           I shook my head before I turned into the street. I then realised that it was the street after this one which was mine. I shook my head and turned around and sped into the next street.