Chapter 10

Hi guys! Ok so I have finally managed to add in the first four chapters which I needed to add in. I hope you like it! Now I think it's about damn time I give you an update of the story!

I groaned as I looked at my alarm clock. It read 7:39am. I whimpered. I felt so ill! I didn't want to get out of bed!
     I looked at my phone and was surprised to see and unknown number! Who the hell was this? I didn't remember adding anyone's number to my phone or giving anyone my number. And no! I haven't been drinking and pass out and not know what was happening in case that is what your thinking!
     I opened up the message and it read.

" Hi Shimmer! Don't worry I got ur number! R u ok? Hw u been? Nt seen u in like three years!"

I was so confused! Who was this random person who knows my name!??!

"Who r u?"

I texted back. I jumped in fright as my phone nearly immediately vibrated.

"Hello?" I nearly asked.
"Shimmer!" I heard a familiar voice from across the line. I choked on my words. Could it be?
"D-Damien?" I asked as my voice wavered slightly. I felt tears threatening to pour out of me.
"The one and only!" I heard him chuckle. I closed my eyes as I took in the foreign sound. I nearly burst into tears.
"Are you ok?" He asked me.
"No." I sighed.
"You?" I asked.
"I'm..." he trailed off. "Not the best" he completed his sentence.
"What happened?" I asked as my heart skipped a beat or two.
"I-I found out that my... half brother is alive!" He said as his voice quavered.
"Zayden?" I asked.
"How do you know?" He asked me clearly shocked.
"We met in the hospital. When I took you there after..." I trailed off as the tears escaped my eyes. I couldn't help it! I missed him so much!
"The b-bullet!" Damien stuttered.
"Are you ok now?" I asked him.
"... I'm recovering!" He sighed.
"I'm so sorry!" I whispered.
"For what?" He asked.
"For making you take the bullet!" I cried.
"No! Don't be! I took it to save you!" Damien said to me.
"You nearly died!" I almost yelled.
"And why would you care?" He asked me. Why do I care?
"Because... I... I do! I just do!" I sobbed as the memories of that night came back to me. I suddenly felt very... light headed.
"Shimmer!" Damien shouted worries since I had replied or said anything for about 15 seconds.
"Damien, I don't know why I care for you! I don't know wether I..." I started. My memory overpowered my speech and I was took into a flashback.

Flashback...

"I'll shoot if you don't give me her!" He warned.
"Run!" Damien shouted.
"Alright then!" The man smirked as he pulled the trigger. I screamed as I shielded myself from the bullet. However, I didn't feel anything!

End of flashback...

I screamed.
"Shimmer! Shimmer! Are you ok?" Damien shouted across the phone. I wanted to say yes however I was in shock. I felt the darkness overwhelm me. The darkness chased me and I tried to run. I did but the darkness was faster and caught me. I was engulfed by it!

Damien's POV

"Shimmer! Shimmer! Are you ok?" I shouted as I heard Shimmer scream. I then heard a loud thud as something fell. Shimmer! Shimmer was all that I could think about. I grabbed my car and raced to her house. I was so worried about her yet I was unsure why!
Within 5 minutes I reached Shimmer's apartment. I parked my car as quickly got out. I ran up the steps and found Shimmer's apartment.
"Shimmer! Please it's me! Open up!" I yelled as I banged at the door. I was surprised to see a little girl open the door. She looked maybe about 8. She had pouty red cheeks and eyes and looked as if she had been crying.
"Shimmer!" She whispered to me helplessly.
"Where is she?" I asked. The girl pointed towards a door not far off from the living room. I ran like never before and stopped dead in my tracks.
"Shimmer!" I whispered in horror as I looked at her. There she was lying on the ground in an uncomfortable position. Not far away from her hand was a phone. Her phone. I looked at her as I trembled.
"I've already called the ambulance!" The girl told me. I nodded.

At the hospital...
I had to take the girl with me. I don't know who she was! But I knew that she was close to Shimmer!
"Do you know Shimmer?" I asked her.
"She's my sister! Of course I do!" She replied as if I was stupid. I then took in her appearance. Brown hair, striking blue eyes, cute! This had to be her sister!
"Do you know me?" I asked her.
"Yes!" She nodded.
"Damien Pertos! Shimmer talks about you so much! Well not to me! She has a diary thing on her laptop! I read them and she talks so much about you! She says that your handsome!" The little girl said to me. I choked. Handsome? Really? More like sexy!
"What your name!" I asked Shimmer's sister.
"Rosie." She smiled.
We chatted for a while. Rosie was so full of energy and kind unlike Shimmer who was kind,over protective and a killing machine.

We both waited for the nurse to come back. During this process Rosie fell asleep. Damn she looked cute! I then wondered how Shimmer would look like! I smirked as I imagined her in bed.
I shook off the thought as a nurse approached me.
"Sir." She sighed.
"Is she ok?" I asked without wasting time.
"She fine. She passed out because she remembered some sort of memory or shocking event." The nurse said. Shocking event! What shocking event? I then remembered the night when I took the bullet. Although months had past I still remembered it clearly as if it happened yesterday.

Flashback...

Nooooooooo!" Shimmer screamed as she ran towards me. The man looked horrified and he ran off!
"Damien!" She screamed as tears ran down her eyes! To be honest I don't know why she was crying. It's not like she cared for me or anything. Did she?
     She cried and cried! Shimmer slowly lifted me up. She sat me in the seat and called the ambulance.
"Shit!" Shimmer cried. I then heard the sound of material ripping. I felt Shimmer push some sort of clothing onto my wound to prevent me from losing further blood.
"Ah!" I moaned.
"Your alive!" She smiled through her tears.
"Barely!" I whispered.
"Damien! Damien stay awake!" She shouted as my eyes closed again.
"Stay awake please! Noooooooo!" She screamed as I fell into the darkness.

End of flashback...

I nodded.
"It was a very traumatic event for Shimmer!" I said.
"Oh! I must go now! She'll come around soon. If you want to meet her then feel free to." The nurse smiled as she rushed off.

15 minutes of waiting...

"Shimmer!" I smiled as her eyes fluttered open.
"Da... Damien!" She croaked out.
Water! I need water! Or... Shimmer needs water. I looked at Rosie who was still asleep in my arms. I tried to lift her up however she clung onto me. I sighed and rushed out of the room to get water.

"Are you ok?" I asked her as I gave her the glass.
"I'm... alright!" She sighed as she shut her eyes.
"What happened?" I asked Shimmer nervously.
"I... I only remember talking to you on the phone. Then I remembered you and the bullet. I heard the bullet clearly and then... I guess I passed out." She quickly said.
"Why do you care for me?" I asked her out of the blue.
"I do?" She asked me.
"You do!" I confirmed with a nod. "If you didn't care about me then you wouldn't have been crying so much when I... took the bullet for you!" I finished.
"I guess I do care about you!" She said slowly. "I'm not sure why though! I just... I don't know... care for you!" She smiled at me weakly. "Rosie!" She suddenly shouted.
"It's fine! She's ok! She's just here." I calmed Shimmer down as I called Rosie over. She was in the corner of the room playing with the toys.
"Rosie!" Shimmer nearly burst out crying.
"Shimmer!" Rosie called as she hugged her. I smiled at them. They looked so cute!
"Are you alright?" She quickly asked Rosie.
"I'm fine! Damien Petros looked after me!" Rosie smiled.
"How do you know his full name?" Shimmer gasped.
"Um... I may or may not have read your diaries on you laptop!" Rosie blushed.
"Nooooo!" Shimmer whined. I chuckled.
"Let's go!" I smiled.
"Yeah." Shimmer smiled as she slowly got up from the hospital bed.