Chapter 9

I flipped the egg that was in the pan. Just on time the toast pepped out of the toaster. I quickly spread some margarine onto the hot toasted bread. Finally, the egg was made. I grabbed two plates out of the cupboard and evenly placed the delicious scrambled egg onto one side of the plate. I then placed the still warm toast on the other side of the plate.

"Something smells delicious!" Rosie said from behind me.
"Rosie you gave me a fright !" I said as I placed the two plates on the table for us to eat.
"Sorry." She apologized
"Its fine. Right, sit down and have your breakfast otherwise it will get cold." I said to Rosie as I beckoned her over to the table.
      She obediently sat on the chair and started eating her breakfast.
"This is so yummy!" She smiled. Rosie finished her breakfast in no time.
      I washed up the dishes and then we sat down in the living room.
"So, what do you want to do today?" I asked Rosie.
"Park! Can we go to the park please?" She asked me excited.
I hesitated. I didn't exactly see any parks around here. But I'm sure there must be some.
" Sure! But I'll need to go find one first." I said to Rosie. Her face immediately lit up as she cheered. I laughed.
"I'm so excited!" She laughed.

Later...
I swung my leg around my motorbike and revved the engine. I told Rosie to stay in the apartment whilst I went to find a park to take her. I hadn't really taken her out much since we had moved her. Rosie had only been to the grocery store and that was it.
        I waited for the lights to flash green. Finally, the red changed to orange and then green. I sped my way around random streets. But I had to ensure that I knew my way back to the apartment so that I wasn't lost.
     I turned a right and a smile crept into my face when I saw swings and children smiling and running about.
"Bingo!" I though to myself. I drove slightly forward and stopped in front of the large park.

There was a big swirly slide and I knew that Rosie would love it

There was a big swirly slide and I knew that Rosie would love it. There were swings to one side and more stuff. I smiled as I thought of Rosie smiling and playing in here.
      I pulled out my phone in order to check the time. It read 3:37pm. So it wasn't too late to take Rosie for an ice-cream! It would be a treat for her.
     I revved my engine once again and I sped my way home. It was 3:59pm by the time I got to the apartment. There was traffic and a stupid fat man who didn't know how to park and took 5 decades doing so. Note the sarcasm.
             I turned the key in the door and pulled the handle down. I swung the door open and Rosie immediately came running my way and hugged me tightly!
"Hey! What's wrong?" I said to her.
"Thank you for being the best sister ever!" She smiled at me.
"Well, thank you" I said pointed to her "for being such a good girl!" She giggled as I lifted her up and kissed her forehead.
"Do you want ice cream?" I asked her.
"Ice cream!" She cheered. I took that as a yes.
" Go get dressed and then we can go get ice cream and play at the park." I said to Rosie. She clapped her hands excited and run off to her room.
I decided that I should take Rosie out for a while seeing as she hadn't been anywhere except from the grocery story since we got here.
Rosie came back wearing a black vest top with matching floral trousers and a floral hat. She looked adorable!

"Let's go now!" Rosie said as she walked past me and out the door

"Let's go now!" Rosie said as she walked past me and out the door. I smiled and locked the door.
      I revved my engine and sped off towards the park. I decided that I would get Rosie her ice cream after she had played in the park for a while.

At the park...

I parked my bike close to the gates for the park. I took off my helmet and Rosie took hers off. She held my hand as we walked towards the large park where there were many children smiling and playing together.
I watched as Rosie happily ran over to the swings. I smiled as she beckoned my over. I jogged over towards the swings.
"Push me! Push me!" She giggled.
I waited until Rosie had sat on the swing. I pushed Rosie until she told me to stop. I watched her smiling on the swing, swinging back and forth! She always made me calm and happy when she was smiling. I'm not sure how or why but she did ! As long as Rosie was happy, then I was happy too!
        Rosie played around for a while until she was tired. I had had so much fun watching her play in the park! It had made me so happy and relaxed to see her have fun a little.
"Do you want ice cream?" I asked Rosie. Her face immediately lit up at the thought of getting ice cream.
"Yes please!" She said excitedly as she held my hand.
"Well, come on then!" I started to walk towards the ice cream van. Rosie followed me.
When we got there, we saw that there was a queue. Thankfully it wasn't too long and so we wouldn't really have to wait very long. We looked at the ice cream menu or price list ( whatever you want to call it ) to see what we wanted. They had ice cream boats and they were massive ( and expensive ). They also had ice cream cones with chocolate etc on them.
"What do you want?" I asked Rosie as the person in front of us walked off with their ice cream.
"Chocolate ice cream!" She smiled excitedly.
"Hi, what can I get for you?" Said the man who was serving us.
"One vanilla ice cream with raspberry sauce and one chocolate ice cream." I ordered the ice creams.
"Rosie do you want any sauce or anything on it?" I asked Rosie.
"No thanks!" She replied. I nodded.
"Here is your vanilla ice cream and chocolate ice cream." The man said as he passed me two cones. I have Rosie hers and held mine.
"That's $10 please." He said. I nodded and opened the zip on my pocket. I pulled out the money and gave it to the man.
"Keep the change." I said as I knew I was only going to get $1 back anyway.
We walked back to the park. We had decided that we would eat our ice cream in the park and then leave.