Chapter 2

Damien took me to some building. It was dark and quiet.
"Come!" He said as he opened his car door. I obeyed his instructions as he started to walk towards the building.
I followed him into a room. In the middle of the room I saw a boxing ring. At one side were weights. They were sitting on a shelf waiting for someone to use them. There was also a few exercise ball and skipping ropes as well as mats and boxing gloves.
"What is this place?" I asked in awe as I looked around.
"This is Nightfall Training Centre." Damien told me.
"Not many people know about it." He added.
"Why are we here?" I asked curiously.
"I'm going to teach you how to self defend." He replied briefly.
"Now take these clothes and change into them quickly. Go down the hall and turn right and that's the changing rooms." Damien gave me the clothes and I followed his directions. Like he said there was the changing rooms.
       I looked at the clothes that he gave me. He gave me : a sports bra, leggings and trainers. I sighed. I never showed off my body. But I wasn't like I had better clothes to put on.  I quickly changed and left my bag etc. in the changing rooms.

When I walked back to the boxing ring/ gym I saw Damien punching a punch bag

When I walked back to the boxing ring/ gym I saw Damien punching a punch bag. I noticed that he had powerful punches that would probably knock someone out.
"Do you come here often?" I asked him.
Damien froze mid punch. Did I say something wrong?
"Yes. It's where I release my stress and anger." He replied. I nodded.
When I looked at Damien I realised that he was looking at me in the clothes that I had gave him.
"Can you stop looking at me please?"I asked him nervously. I wasn't exactly used to people staring at me in awe. Only in disgust!
"Sorry." He apologised as he walked out of the boxing ring.
"Ok, so today I will start to strengthen your muscles. Once we are done I will teach you some moves. Ok?" He asked me.
"Erm... sure." I mumbled.
He held my hand and led me to where the mats were kept. I saw that not too far off was a line. It looked almost like a starting line.
"Right, we won't bother with stretching the now."he started." Instead you will run around the boxing ring 5 times!" He smiled at me.
"5 times?" I gasped.
"Go!" He shouted as he blew a whistle, and pointed at the line on the floor.
I groaned then stood at the line.
"Ready? Set! Go!" He shouted as he blew his whistle once again.
I sighed and started running. I never usually ran around and so this felt slightly weird. By the time I was on my 3rd round I was tired. However, I continued to run.
Finally, I finished running. I jogged to a stop before bending down and putting my hands on my knees. I gasped for air.
"Are you ok?" I heard Damien's voice. I didn't answer. I was out of breath! When I had was ok I nodded.
"I'm fine."
"Ok, that was... not bad!" Damien commented.
"What now?" I asked him. He looked in thought.
"Why don't we do some weights?" He asked.
"Ok." I replied.
"Take these." Damien said as he walked over to the stand that had all of the weights on them. He passed me two 5kg weights. Damien then took 10kg weights for himself.
"First I'll demonstrate for you! Then do 4 reps." He said to me. I nodded. Damien then showed me how to properly hold the weights and lift them. We practiced lifting them until Damien approved my technique.
      I continued lifting them for about 10 minutes. When I sat the weights down I realised that my arms were aching and I was sweaty.
"Well done Shimmer! You done great today!" Damien smiled.
"Thanks." I thanked him.
"We will continue with this tomorrow!" Damien said as he placed his weights back on the shelf.

In the changing rooms...

I quickly took off the sports bra that Damien gave to me and folded it.
Suddenly I heard the door open! I spun around and saw Damien walk into the changing rooms. His eyes fell on me! I think I then realised that I was wearing my bra because his eyes widened.
"Shimmer! Sorry!" He apologised.
"Can I change here?" He asked. I didn't really feel comfortable with a guy changing when I was changing too.
"Please there are no others changing rooms!" He begged. I sighed.
"Fine but don't look at me." I said as I quickly slipped on my top.
"Thanks" he thanked me. After that the changing room was silent. Well, except from the sound of both of us getting dressed.
As soon as I was dressed I rushed out of the changing rooms. I needed to get home and shower. I was sweating from the workout that Damien had given me.
"Hey! Wait up!" I heard Damien call as I walked towards the exit.
"What's wrong?" I asked.
"I need to drive you home! Remember who drove you here!" He smiled. I groaned!
"Ok." I mumbled. Damien jogged towards me to catch up.
"So... are you ok?" He asked me.
"Of cou... ow!" I gasped as a sharp pain shot through my arm.
"Shimmer!" Damien gasped.
"I'm... fine!" I gritted my teeth in pain. I never got pains! So why did I get one today.
"Oh sorry about that! I forgot to tell you that you might have sore muscles now because I am training your muscles and they haven't been trained before!" Damien explained.
I nodded. After that we walked to Damien's car in silence. I carefully opened his car door and sat in.
"We will do this for a few weeks until your muscles are stronger and then and only then will I teach you how to self defend yourself and fight others!" Damien said to me as we raced off onto the road.
"Why are you helping me?" I asked Damien curiously. Think about it! Why would a bad boy want to help a nerd??? He doesn't even know me!
"I already told you before. My sister was a nerd and she got bullied! I didn't do anything about it then! I thought that she would be able to handle herself! I never once asked her if she needed help! She continued to get bullied and then one night she committed suicide! She couldn't bare it! I never really thought of it as much! But then I realised how much I missed her!" Damien explained with tears in his eyes.
"I don't want the same to happen to you! Plus, I promised her to help someone else! To save someone life!" He added.
"I'm so sorry! And thank you! I really appreciate your help!" I said to him sadly.
We drove the rest of the way in silence. Damien asked for the address and dropped me off. Then he raced off!