Home

Damien opened the door. I hugged his arm as we walked into the large house.
      It was still the same. Except it was all dusty. I could smell something weird. I wasn't sure what it was but it wasn't the best of smells.
"Where to?" Damien asked me. I shakily pointed towards the stairs. He held my hand. Sparks burst between us. I shivered. It was cold here.
     Slowly we walked towards the stairs. We climbed the stairs. When we reached the top I felt suddenly very tired and dizzy.
"Damien." I said as I held my head.
"Shimmer?" He put his warm arms around me and pulled me into hug.
"Are you ok?" He asked me with concern.
"I'm feeling very dizzy all of a sudden." I said as the dizziness became faster. I gasped when I felt myself falling. I don't know what happened.
"Shimmer!" Was all I heard before I fell into unconsciousness.

Damien's POV

I could tell that just by coming back to her house that she wasn't feeling comfortable. Never mind going inside.
       I opened the door. Shimmer hugged my arm as we walked into the large house.
      It was massive and gorgeous. However, the furniture was dusty. And, there was a weird smell. I'm not sure what it was.
"Where to?" I asked Shimmer. She shakily pointed towards the stairs. I held her hand. Sparks burst between us. Shimmer shivered. I have to admit, it was pretty cold in here.
     Slowly we walked towards the stairs. We climbed the stairs. When we reached the top I stopped and took in my surroundings.
"Damien." Shimmer said as she held her head.
"Shimmer?" I put my warm arms around her and pulled her into a hug.
"Are you ok?" I asked her with concern.
"I'm feeling very dizzy all of a sudden." She said. Shimmer then gasped as she fell to the floor.
"Shimmer!" I shouted before she fell into unconsciousness.
       I didn't know what to do! I was starting to panic! I decided that I would lie her down somewhere instead of calling the ambulance.
     I carefully placed one arm on her back and another behind her knee and lifted her up. I carried her into the closest room that I could find.
      I pushed open the door and lay Shimmer in the bed. I was surprised to see that the bed was actually clean and that there was no dust on it.
      I pulled the duvet up and covered Shimmer fully. I then walked out of the room. Water. I needed water. I jogged downstairs and realised that I didn't know where to go. I slowly and uncertainly walked into the first room.
       I switched the light on to see that it was almost a library. There walls were covered with shelves and books lay on top of them.
      I was about to walk out when something caught my eye. It was a large picture frame. I slowly walked closer to it. I stared in awe at the beautiful woman in it. Well, she looked about my age. Maybe two or three years younger than me. So she was a teenager.
      Brown hair. Olive skin. Brown eyes. It was then that I realised that it was Shimmer. She had been painted onto the frame.
      I reached for the painting. My hands trailed her face. So perfect. I sighed and snapped back into reality. Shimmer wouldn't love me. I'm not worthy of her. She deserves someone better than me.
     I growled at the thought of her being with another man. No! She is mine! I will ask her to be my girlfriend today. Wait. Tomorrow! Yes, tomorrow.
     I smiled when I pictured her beautiful eyes staring back at mine.
     I started to walk away when i heard something fall. I turned around and on the floor was papers.
      I picked them up. I was unsure on wether to read them or just to put them back. Me being the curious person decided to read them.
     I looked at the first paper. There was handwriting on it. I read the full paper.

                             15th May 2015

Dear Diary,
               Life is hard. Dad is being a complete ass. My mom can't deal with it! He hits her and abuses her.
        He even hits me. It's hard. It's hard to think that your dad doesn't love you! It hurts me so badly.
     Chloe is my friend. She has helped me through a lot of my bad times. I love her so much and ... tone honest, I don't know where I would be without her!
      Her and her dad are leaving to go to Italy. I loved her dad. He's the dad that I have always dreamed of having. He never shouted or got angry with Chloe.
      I'm sad that she is leaving. When my dad hits me I always go to her house. I have stayed over at their house for weeks.
     Her dad had always been kind,caring and loving towards me.
    I hope that in the future my dad will love me just as much as Chloe's dad loves her.
I need to go now. Me and Chloe are going shopping. Bye!

Love from,
Shimmer

I breathing for faster as I became angry. Shimmer was abused? How dare someone even THINK of touching her? I clenched my hands and gritted my teeth.
"Damien!" I heard.
"Shimmer?" I quickly turned around to see Shimmer crying.
"My mom!" She sobbed. I felt for her.
"It's fine!" I hugged her.
"No! Someone lay me in my moms bed. I never ever wanted to go back in that room ever again!" She sobbed as she cried onto my shirt.
I kissed her forehead and told her that I was sorry. I tried to calm her down after that.
Finally, I got Shimmer to calm down. She must have been pretty upset about it as she stayed crying for 30 minutes. Or more.
I sighed before I asked her a question that had been nagging me.
"Did you used to get abused?"