Seeing Rosie

We stopped in front of a big building. It was made mainly out of glass.
"Come on." Damien said as he held my hand. There it was again. The sparks.
    We walked to the large door and Damien rung the doorbell. My heart was beating fast. Was Rosie ok? How was she being treated?
    To be honest I hadn't really thought about Rosie for the past few days. Or school.
    I sighed as I thought about going to school tomorrow. I didn't want to go. But I knew better than to skip school and then be that person who couldn't get a job.
    Suddenly the door opened and I was faced with a woman. She was the same woman from the food court the day the me and Damien went to the mall. And Rosie.
"Hello. Come in!" She smiled as she beckoned me and Damien to go inside.
    I smiled and walked inside. Damien stood beside me as I stared at the house in awe.
"Hi! I'm Roxie." The woman said as she held her hand out for me to shake.
"I'm-" I started but was cut off by a familiar voice.
"Shimmmer!" A voice shouted. My heart skipped multiple beats. Rosie. My Rosie.
"Rosie!" I smiled as tears poured out of me. There was Rosie looking adorable and running towards me.
     I pulled her into a tight hug. Tears fell out for me. I didn't realise just how much I actually missed her.
"Are you ok?" I asked her as I kissed her cheek.
"Yeah. Roxie has been looking after me!" Rosie smiled. I smiled through my tears. My baby was ok!
"Sorry to interrupt, but can we go somewhere else?" Damien asked. I wiped my tears and nodded.
     I walked into what looked like a living room. It had a huge chandelier hanging from the ceiling and there was sofas placed.
"Take a seat." Roxie smiled at me. I sat down and Rosie sat beside me. Damien and Roxie then sat opposite me.
"Thank you so much for looking after Rosie!" I thanked Roxie breaking the awkward silence.
"No problem." She smiled.
      We chatted for a while about things. I got to know Roxie well better. She seemed like a good person. I liked her.
"Can we go now?" Damien asked me. I looked at the watch on my wrist. I read 3:37 pm. I nodded a yes and took hold of Rosie's hand before we walked outside.
"Bye!" Roxie waved. I waved goodbye as I sat in the car.
     Once Damien drove off I sighed.
"What's wrong?" Damien asked me with concern.
"We need to get our uniform sorted, bag ready and I still want to go to Nightfall." I said.
"Well let's get you your uniforms." Damien replied. I nodded.
     Soon we were in the mall. I bought 3 shirts for me and 2 for Rosie. I then got Rosie her jumper and that was her done.
      I bought myself some leggings to wear and a jumper. I also bought a hoodie for me to take with me to Nightfall.
      Finally we were done shopping. I groaned as I held the bags. They were heavy.
"Let me help." Damien took hold of two of the bags which I was holding. I sighed in relief as the weight decreased and I was able to walk normally.
     I stuffed the bags in the boot of the car and we sped off home. I felt so tired all of a sudden.

At home...

I sighed in relief when Damien opened the door and I was able to put the bags on the floor. Rosie smiled at me and gave Damien a hug.
"Missed you." Rosie said.
"I missed you too Rosie." Damien kissed Rosie on her cheek. I checked the time again. 6:59pm.
       I wanted to just fall asleep right away. I was that tired. But I hadn't done much to make myself feel tired. I mean we had only went shopping.
"Do you both have your bags?" Damien asked.
"Yes." I sighed as I took our bags out from under my bed. I gave Rosie hers and kept mine.
       My bag was a simple black bag. It had two zips and 14 pockets in total. I loved my bag. It was good sizing.
    I opened my bag to see that it was empty.
"Shit!" I whispered to myself.
"What?" Damien asked me.
"I don't have my jotters! Oh wait never mind" I sighed remembering that I was starting a new school so then I'd be given new jotters.
"Shimmer!" Rosie called.
"Yes." I replied.
"I don't have my pencil case." Rosie came into the living room looking sad.
"Did you pick it up?" I asked her.
"I... I don't think so." She said nervously.
      My breath was caught inside of me. That would mean that we would have to go back. To our house. Where our... mom d-died!
      I felt tears burning at the thought of just going back. I missed my mom so much. I was scared to go back. I knew that all the memories would haunt me all over again. Just when I started to forget them.
"Me and Damien will go and get your pencil case. Meanwhile you go to bed. I'll be up soon." I smiled weakly at her. Rosie smiled and went upstairs.
     I felt very shaky. Tears came down my cheeks slowly.
"Hey hey don't cry!" Damien whispered into my ear as he pulled me into a hug.
"I don't want to go back." I said to him.
"Then I'll go myself." Damien smiled at me.
"No, you can't!" I said. I hesitated.
"I'll go with you!"
"Are you sure?" Damien asked me. I nodded.
"Let's go." He took my hand and the sparks were there again.
"Wait! I need to see Rosie first." I said before I ran upstairs and into Rosie's room.
      There was my baby. My life. Rosie. She was snuggled in her bed and asleep already. I smiled and kissed her forehead before I walked out quietly.
     Me and Damien then sped off home. I was scared. Butterflies were racing in my stomach. My hands were getting sweaty with anticipation.
     Then a memory rushed its way way to the front of my mind.

FLASHBACK

I hugged my mom. It was my birthday, I was now fourteen. My mom was the bestest person ever.
      She hugged me and kissed my forehead.
"Thank you so much mom!" I smiled as I looked at the gift which she gave me. It was a necklace. Well, a locket. In the shape of a heart.
     I opened it and looked inside. There was a picture of me, my mom and Rosie. I felt tears of happiness burn in my eyes. I kissed my mom on her cheek before putting the locket around my neck.

END OF FLASHBACK

Tears fell down my cheeks. I felt for my locker. I took it off and looked at the picture.
     There was my mom. Standing young and beautifully. She was smiling like never before! My lips trembled.
     I missed her. I missed her so badly. I wanted my mom back. But she wouldn't!
"Babe! Are you ok?" Damien asked in concern. It was then that I realised that he had stopped the car.
"I'm fine." I lied as I sniffled my tears.
"Babe, look at me." He said as he lifted my chin.
"Why were you crying?" He asked me. My hands shook as I gave him the locket.
     He looked at it and then hugged me.
"I'm sorry!" He whispered into my ear as he stroked my hair.
    I felt as though he could read my mind. He knew what I was going to say!

Later...

We stopped outside my house. Or my moms house. It looked just about the same except there were vines now growing and trapping the building.
     My breath got caught in my throat as I looked at the house which once held such happiness and love. I sighed in fear as we walked into the abandoned building.