Please...

The next day...

I silently got off of Damien's motorbike and walked into school. I walked inside and was pulled into a classroom.
I was face to face with Kieran. My heart pounded and I wondered if he could feel it against his body.
"You didn't answer me truthfully." He spoke.
"Kieran I told you the truth ok." I replied as I tried to walk out.
"Shimmer please." Kieran sighed. I stopped dead in my tracks. "I've never asked you anything but now I will. Who are you?" He asked.
"Shimmer Sutherland. 16 years old. Born on April 20th." I replied not adding in too much information.
"Shimmer...look I know your upset but please just listen. Look, all you need to tell me is who you are. That's all!" Kieran spoke.
"I've told you all I'm telling you. Now I need to go." I said as I pulled my arm away from his grip.
"Shimmer!" He called after me. I ignored his pleads and walked off quickly disappearing through the shadows.

Class...

I sighed as I realised that Kieran would be in the same class as me. I shut my eyes and heard the door slam open.
"Mr Romano, I expect you to be in class on time and do NOT slam my door open." The teacher shouted.
"Bitch." I heard Kieran mutter as he sat down close to me.
"Sit beside you partner and continue your work. It's due to be into me in three weeks." The teacher continued. Before I knew Kieran was sitting beside me.
"Tell me the truth." Kieran spoke quietly. I was happy that we were seated at the back of the class.
"Kieran please. I've told you already. I can't tell you. And anyways there is NOTHING to tell you about." I replied and logged into the laptop.
"Miss can we please go into the supply room to collect materials?" Kieran asked the teacher.
"Yes but please do not make a mess." She replied and gave us the keys for the supply room.
Kieran took it as I unhappily followed him. He unlocked the supply room and we entered. Kieran then locked the room.
"Who are you?" Kieran asked me without wasting time.
"Kieran!" I shouted. "I've told you EVERYTHING there is to know!" I continued to shout.
"Shimmer! Someone will hear us." Kieran said as he placed his hand on my mouth. Suddenly we heard footsteps outside the room. My eyes widened. Please don't pull the handle. I thought.
As if the person knew my thoughts the handle was pushed down. Our breaths hitched. Kieran put his finger to his mouth telling me to stay quiet.
Swiftly he unlocked the door with me against it and opened it ensuring that I wasn't squashed.
"Erm... hello sir. I was just getting some materials for my project. Is everything ok?" Kieran asked.
"Yes everything is fine. Please give your teacher the keys when your finished." The man replied and walked off. Quickly Kieran shut the door and locked it again.
"Shimmer I'm asking you for the last time. Who. Are. You?" Kieran spoke.
"Kieran I..." I trailed off when I realised just how close I was to his face. I gulped and moved back but bumped into the door.
"All I need to know is who you are. Then I'll leave you alone." Kieran said.
I sighed. Suddenly memories appeared in my mind. A tear made its way to my cheeks. More followed.
"Don't cry." Kieran whispered using his thumb to wipe away my tears.
"I-I can't...tell you." I spoke turned the key in the door and left the supply room.
"Can I go to the toilet?" I asked the teacher.
"Yes." She replied and I quickly walked out of the class. I turned right and bumped into Kieran. Losing balance I fell backwards. Due to Kieran's fast reflexes he caught me just in time.
          I gasped as I stopped falling. The impact hurting my bullet wound. I stared up at Kieran. Concern crystal clear in his eyes.
"Are you ok?" Kieran asked me.
"Y-yes." I stuttered, Kieran then pulled me back up and I hissed in pain as his hand grazed against my wound.
"Are you ok?" He asked me uncertain of how to word his question.
"I'm fine." I said as I pushed him away slightly and walked to the toilets.

Toilets...

I sighed as I lifted up my shirt. My bullet wound was still there haunting my body and trapping me from life.
      I wasn't allowed to fight until my wound was healed. The last time I had a bullet wound I ignored the doctor and broke the stitches by doing physical activity. I then had to go to hospital and get myself checked over again.
        I sighed as I looked at the wound. It had been a week since I was shot. The doctor said it would take at least three weeks to heal properly. I ran my hand over it lightly and hissed in pain as I touched it.
"God,what is my life?" I whispered to myself.
    I pulled my shirt back down and then left the toilets. I carefully walked back up to class.
"Ok class you have 30 minutes left. Keep the good work up." The teacher said just as I walked in.
      I searched the room and my eyes laid straight on Kieran. I stopped breathing. There was definitely something that I liked about him. I mean yes he was hot...but there was something else. Something mysterious.
       I quietly sat down beside Kieran . He looked at me. I let out the breath that I had held in for about 30 seconds.
"Where did you go?" He asked me.
"None of your business, now let's get this projects done with." I snapped and grabbed the laptop. My eyes widened as I looked at the screen.
       There on the laptop screen I saw a picture of Nightfall. Part of me longed to be there and fight. But part of me was confused and well the other part of me was...angry...very angry.
"What's this?" I asked him.
"Do you know?" He asked me.
"N-no." I stuttered.
"Are you sure?" He asked me doubtfully.
"Kieran, this has nothing to do with our project. Oh and we are changing the topic because I'm not doing Eutrophication." I replied.
"Fine by me, why don't YOU choose a topic?" He asked me with a smirk on my face.
"Fine."I spoke and quickly typed on the laptop.
"We can do Anne Frank." I said.
"Ok." He replied and began writing down...whatever he was writing in his jotter.