Paris

Shimmer's POV

I smiled as we landed. Rosie was asleep. So I had to wake her up. We quickly fixed ourselves before we waited until we were allowed to exit the plane.
        Rosie was so excited to be in Paris. She always wanted to come here with...mom. I frowned slightly as I remembered my mom. I sighed and put on a smile before pulling the suitcase and catching up with Rosie.
         Soon, we were in a taxi and on our way to the hotel. Rosie was excited to stay at the hotel seeing as it had a swimming pool in it and she would get her own bed.
         I chuckled as Rosie squealed in excitement. Finally, we arrived at our hotel 30 minutes later. I grabbed my suitcase and Rosie grabbed hers. We rolled our suitcases inside the hotel and looked around in amazement.
            I went to the reception area and gave my details. Damien had messaged me whilst we were on the plane and gave me more information.
        He said that he planned each day out for us. So, in the morning the driver would come and collect us and take us to our destination. Then we would be able to spend time there.
          Each day, Damien will message me riddles which inform me about the days events. So it kind of helps. But it sucks not being able to know about anything. But it's fun if I'm being honest.
Rosie and I headed up to our room. I opened the door and immediately Rosie ran and jumped onto the bed. I saw her just relax on the bed. I chuckled as I grabbed her suitcase which she had just dumped outside our room and brought them inside shutting the door after me.
Rosie giggled as I tickled her neck. I fell into the bed beside her and suddenly I felt something hitting me.
I turned around to see Rosie holding I pillow. I smiled.
"Oh no you didn't!" I spoke as I grabbed a pillow and hit it off of Rosie. We smacked each other for a while and then we fell in bed exhausted.
"That...was...AWESOME!" Rosie shouted happily. I laughed and stood up.
Suddenly, Rosie hugged me from behind seeing as I was trying to go to my bed. I smiled I lifted her off of the bed. I spun her around and stood her back on the bed.
Rosie chuckled and then went to get her suitcase so that she could unpack. I did the same and soon enough out clothes were in the wardrobe.

Night...

I smiled and kissed Rosie's forehead before shutting her door. I walked into my bedroom. I sighed as I sat on my bed.
      For some reason I felt like going on a run. I decided that I would go. I wouldn't go too far though. Just into the street a little.
      I put on my sports bra and leggings as well as my Adidas trainers and hoodie before quietly shutting the room door and leaving the hotel.
     I knew that Rosie would be safe seeing as I had locked the doors so that nobody could enter.
         I walked across the street and then  began running. The cool air slapped my face as I ran.
       Suddenly, to my right I heard noises! People running...fighting...someone talking! My brows furrowed as I hid behind boxes which were abandoned on a street. I listened carefully.
"Fuck you Salvatore!" I heard someone say. My eyes widened as I recognised the voice.
       Suddenly, I felt a hand on my mouth. Fear rushed through me. I tried to kick the person however I couldn't.
        I was pulled back into a dark quiet alleyway. I was then pushed up against a wall. I couldn't really see the person's facial features clearly.
        It was dark. All I saw was his hair. It was brown. The dim lighting didn't help much. I tried to identify the person however it was hopeless.
"What are you doing here?" The mysterious man asked me. My eyes widened as I realised who it was.
        Zayden! It was Zayden! Damien's half-brother! Damien still didn't know that his half- brother was alive.
"Zayden!" I gasped. Half shocked and half relieved.
"What are you doing here?" Zayden asked me again looking slightly concerned.
"I...I'm on holiday. Is there something wrong?" I quickly asked him.
"Your in danger!" He spoke looking kind of worried.
"Danger?" I questioned him.
"Let's go before..." Zayden was interrupted when we heard a gun.
"Stop right fucking there!" A guy said pointing a gun at...me?
My heart raced as I recalled when Damien got shot. Zayden stood in front of me and grabbed my hand.
"Run!" He shouted. He pulled me towards the next street and we ran as fast as we could.
The guy kept trying to shoot us. We had now been running for around 5 minutes. Suddenly I felt a burning sensation on my hip. I continued running in agony.
I looked down and realised that a bullet had injured me . I felt as if my hip was on fire and literally being ripped.
Zayden and I hid in an alleyway which wasn't very visible. I gasped and leant my head back. I tried to take deep breaths.
"Zayden!" I spoke softly clutching onto his hand tightly.
"Calm down! It's ok. I'm here. We'll go to my house and I'll fix you up." He spoke calmly. I whimpered in pain as I tried to cover up the wound.
Zayden ripped off a part of his shirt and tied it around me. I gasped as he tightened the material.
"Shit!" I whimpered as he pulled me up slightly.
Finally, we got into his car. I heard multiple gunshots as Zayden rushed out of the area.
"Rosie!" I spoke quickly remembering my sister who was sleeping peacefully.
"You can't go back! It's too risky. I'll ensure she's safe. But please we can't go back there." Zayden spoke sternly.
"But..." I began.
"No! I said to you it's far too risky!" He replied rapidly turning into another street.
"Zayden she is my little fucking sister! You can live with Damien thinking that your dead but I can't live with Rosie not knowing where I am and being ducking alone somewhere she doesn't even know!" I spoke as my vision began to get blurry.
"Shimmer! Shimmer! Shimmer, stay with me! Shimmer keep your eyes open! Shimmer!" I heard Zayden shouting.
After a few moments I couldn't hear anything. My sight was darkening. I was losing control over my body. Darkness was winning!
Soon I was consumed! The darkness claimed me. I fell into unconsciousness and after that I don't know what happened!
      A few times I could hear metal or something. A few times I barely opened my eyes to see a bright light. About three times I fell in and out of consciousness.
        Then I completely blacked out!