A Week Later...

Kieran's POV

I'm confused. I mean I still don't know who Damien is. I know that Shimmer said it was her boyfriend but who was he? Could he be... No he couldn't!
I sat in Shimmer's room silently. She had been asleep for a few hours now. Shimmer was always tired now. But I can understand. She had gave so much blood to her boyfriend.
I mean she literally risked her life in order to save Damien. The doctors have said that he is currently recovering. I'm happy that he is. It'll be better for Shimmer.
"Damien!" Shimmer suddenly mumbled. I quickly looked at her. She may be waking up.
"Damien!!!" She screamed as she sat up quickly. She was panting and was sweaty. It looked as if she had just ran a marathon.
"Shimmer!" I shouted as I shot up beside her.
Quickly she hugged me in fright. I hugged her back and leaned my head against hers. I could feel her shaking.
"Are you ok?" I asked her.
"Damien! I-I had a dream! H-he died!" She stuttered and a huge wave of tears ran down her cheeks.
"Shimmer he's fine! I've asked the doctors about his health and they have said that he is recovering. He is doing great. And it's all because of you." I reassured her.
"Is he definitely fine?" She asked shakily.
"Yes, in fact I'll go and ask the doctor right now." I spoke and left the room before seeing Shimmer nod in agreement.
      I went to the reception area of the ward in which Shimmer was kept. I smiled a little as the nurse looked at me.
"Can I help you?" She asked me.
"Do you know about Damien's health? He was admitted into hospital before Shimmer!" I spoke.
"Oh,him. Yes, he is recovering fairly well. The blood which was donated to him saved his life. If that blood wasn't given to him then he would have died.
He is a very lucky man to be alive. Very lucky indeed. Let Shimmer know when she wakes up that her medicines will be coming along to her room soon. Thanks" The nurse replied. I thanked her and walked back into Shimmer's room.
"She said he is ok. Damien is recovering very well. The blood which you gave saved his life. Now please calm down." I spoke as I sat beside Shimmer. "Oh and your medicines will come soon." I finished as I remembered what the nurse had said.
"Oh,Ok. Would there not be any way I can see him?" Shimmer asked me.
"I'm afraid not. He needs time to rest and you shouldn't worry too much. Anyways, your coming home tomorrow." I replied.
"I am?" She questioned.
"Yeah, the nurse informed me earlier." I said to her, before I went to bring the chair closer to Shimmer and sat down.
       I poured some water in a glass and gave it to Shimmer. She looked at me puzzled and I pointed towards a nurse which was entering the room. Shimmer smiled and welcomed the nurse.
        The nurse questioned Shimmer's health just to ensure that she was actually doing well. She was.
           The medication was then given to Shimmer and she slowly took it. I knew Shimmer kind of. She didn't like taking medication however when required she would shut up and take them. The first few days she felt sick after taking them. However now she is doing well.
"How's Damien?" Shimmer asked the nurse. She looked worried. I'm sure that she was literally willing to give her life just to keep him safe.
"He is recovering well. We suspect that he should be able to come home in about 2 weeks. He hasn't woken up yet however, however we know that his health is improving. He actually woke up briefly yesterday. So hopefully he will be fine." The nurse explained to Shimmer.
"Could I meet him soon?" Shimmer asked.
"I'm afraid not at the moment. Your not well enough to get up properly. In around a few days you will be able to home though, so your doing well." The nurse replied.
"Ok, Thank you very much!" Shimmer smiled. The nurse smiled and then took the tray of medication away and left the room.
"Are you ok?" I asked her.
"Y-yeah." Shimmer stuttered.
"Look I'm really sorry for everything that I've done. I'm sorry for pushing you around. I'm sorry for hurting you and causing that injury on your forehead. I'm sorry for everything but please tell me who you are." I apologised.
"K-Kieran, I'm sorry. I would like to but I can't. I seriously can't tell you and I'm very sorry for that. It's got nothing to do with you it's just...my life is extremely complicated and I don't want you getting stuck in the middle of everything. When Damien is out of here I'll let you meet him and then we can maybe talk about who I am." Shimmer replied. "Where is Rosie? How is she?" She continued.
"She is safe and well. If you want I could FaceTime someone at home and you can talk to her if you would like?" I replied taking my phone out of my pocket.
"Yes please." She muttered desperately.
            Quickly I FaceTimed my sister. She picked up and smiled. She said hello etc. As did I.
"Can you please pass the phone to Rosie?" I asked.
"Sure!" My sister smiled and called Rosie.
"Hey Kieran! How's Shimmer?" Rosie smiled as she saw me. Silently I passed my home to Shimmer. Shimmer looked speechless. I saw tears coming down her cheeks.
"Rosie!" She cried.
"Shimmer!" Rosie yelled happily.
"How are you doing baby? Is everything ok?" I asked her.
"Yeah! I'm having so much fun. We went bowling yesterday and today I got a certificate in school for having great artwork." Rosie spoke.
"Oh my god! Well done! Your so amazing! Please take care of yourself and I should be able to see you soon ok?" Shimmer asked her.
"Ok!" Rosie smiled. "But you need to come back quickly because I miss you!" Rosie said pointing her finger at Shimmer.
"Ok, Ok my little princess!" Shimmer laughed.
"Got to go, we are going to see a movie." Rosie smiled and gave the phone back.
"Thank you so much!" Shimmer said to my sister. She smiled back and replied before hanging up.
Shimmer then have my phone back , and wiped her tears off. I was unsure wether it was a good time for me to leave or wether I should just wait.
"Are you..." I began saying before Shimmer hugged me tightly!
"Thank you so much! Thank you for letting me see Rosie! Thanks Kieran!" Shimmer cried. I hugged her back and she stifled her cry.
"Your very welcome!" I spoke and kissed Shimmer on her head. We sat hugging for a few minutes. Shimmer had stopped crying as she was telling me about how amazing Damien was. He actually sounded like an amazing guy. And as soon as we were allowed to meet him I would love to get to know him. No, I'm not gay. I'm saying it from a friends point of view.