chapter forty-one

"gahh you cheater!"

"it's not what it looks like!" he shouted back.

"really?" she asked staring at him and his guilty face.

"i can explain." he said nodding his head.

"explain? why? i know what i saw!"

"no you think you saw something but it wasn't like that!" he shouted back.

"uh-huh. you cheater!"

"i said it's not what it looks like."

"i saw you, you just took money from the bank yoongi!" grace exclaimed.

"i was borrowing it. it's a loan."

"you can't do that. put it back."

"fine."

he put down two of the fake bills down though he had taken five. they stopped playing after the game seemed like it would never end. now they sat trying to guess what jin was mimicking.

"a goat?" namjoon asked. jin shook his head and continued to act like an animal.

"what animal does that?" jungkook asks.

"jin hyung." yoongi responds laughing showing his gums as he laughs.

"it was a turkey!" jin said giving up.

"how? just how?" j-hope asked as jin rolled his eyes and sat back down.

"my turn!" jungkook stands in front of all of them and starts. everyone laughs as he mimicked jimin's part in 'blood sweat and tears' very dramatically. jimin stood up and hit him. he pushed him out of the way and started acting out something.

they all took turns and played for a while. once it went dark outside they all passed out in the living room. it was crowded, eight bodies in one room, basically piled beside the couch.

as grace slept she felt that j-hope would rip the blanket from her body and snuggle into the whole thing. she would wake up and rip it back from his hold. he would only moan lightly in his sleep and go back to his rest. tae was at her feet, he had been making them talk to each other before he fell asleep. he would hold one of her feet and move it around while he spoke and then grab the other one and make it engage in the conversation. he is truly unique and out of this world.

after j-hope stopped pulling and stealing the blanket she slept deeply and didn't wake up until the sun hit her eyes. she saw that j-hope's face was extremely close to hers. his arm was limply resting over her stomach and his hand stopping on jimin's side, his leg over half of her body and a little bit of jimin's.

she groaned as she sat up after pushing j-hope off. he didn't even wake up, he limply fell back on the blanket and went back to sleep.

•••

"so you're coming?" grace asked her father.

"i wouldn't miss it. you're graduating from college, of course i'll be there."

"i'm glad i'm finally graduating and that all the essays are done with and the exams."

"you'll miss all of that when you're faced with adulthood and having to work everyday."

"i doubt it i hate exams more than anything. so how have you been?"

"well. the company is getting easier to handle alone and—"

"dad i didn't ask about the company. i asked about you."

"right... sorry. i'm doing good honey. work helps me take my mind off things."