chapter twenty-eight

kinda short but very eventful.

"i am horrible at this!" grace shouts as she fails to knock any pin down.

"you're doing fine." jimin says.

"you're only saying that because you're winning."

"no you're doing better." jimin says pulling her back. "here let me help you."

grace grabs another ball and stands in front of the lane. jimin grabs her arm and guides her.

"with just enough force... let it go." she lets it go and only knocks down two pins. "hey that was better!" he says high-fiving her.

even though they were both pretty bad at bowling they sill had fun failing. since they were both bad at it they didn't care if the other knocked down one pin or none.

"maybe i'll do better this time." grace grabs the heavy ball and without thinking too much about it she throws it. she watches as it speeds down the lane and knocks down most of the pins except for three. she jumps up and turns to jimin with a grin.

"did you see that?" she asks.

"i did. that was great."

"your turn." she says.

they continue to play until the game is over and jimin has won by a few points. after leaving the bowling place they walk in the cold street their hands intertwined creating warmth.

they get hot chocolate as they look at the christmas lights on the streets.

"did you have fun?" jimin asks.

"mhm." she says nodding. he smiles and stops walking. he puts his hands on her hips and pulls her towards him. he kisses her feeling the warmth of her breath combining with his. her lips are soft and warm. she tastes like chocolate. he deepens the kiss by turning his face slightly and placing his hand on her cheek bringing her closer.

he adored the way that she looked at him when they pulled away. her eyes sparkled and her smile was the sweetest he had ever seen. she reflected his exact look. he held her hand again and they continued to walk down the street.

•••

grace looked at herself in the mirror again. she had a pair of skinny jeans on with a nice shirt. her hair was down and she wore a little bit of make up. after pulling on her leather jacket she grabbed her bag and headed out for the dreaded party.

she had listened to jaehee and her aunt. so after watching a tv show she decided to get ready. jimin was away, he had been away for a few days. the guys were doing a show and they wouldn't be back for two more days. she had called jimin earlier and he said that she would be in trouble if she got drunk or got home late. she wished him a goodnight and finished getting ready.

she drove to the campus where the dorms were situated. she found jaehee who had been waiting for her in her car. jaehee had brought her boyfriend who was from a different college.

"you ready to party?" jaehee asks.

"no, i'm ready to record idiots and laugh about it." grace says pointing to her camera.

"yeah same thing." jaehee says.

"then yes." grace says.

"cool. let's go." jaehee says as she starts to lead the way.

jaehee was right. there were so many idiots at the party. grace got a few shots of people who were too drunk to even stand up. she watched as a girl passed out on the stairs and some guy who climbed the pool table and started singing completely off key. jaehee and her boyfriend were dancing now downstairs. grace sat at the top of the stairs just watching.