chapter forty

grace walked down the street the wind in her hair. it was nearly april and it had really warmed up. the sun shone and the sky was a bright blue with a few white puffy clouds. the day was bright and grace felt like she needed to be bright as well. she wanted to be happy but eun jang was taken away a few days ago. sure, she could visit him but it wasn't the same. now he was at risk of being taken away any of those days.

she missed the small spot he occupied on her bed and how he would jump on the bed when he wanted her to wake up sometimes. she woke up to an annoying alarm clock this morning just like the last. the little boy didn't know what was going on he cried. he wanted to stay with her but he couldn't. he clung to her neck like a strong wind would come and blow him away. she held on just as tight.

after the morning at work grace found that she walked along the streets going no where in particular. she felt lost. abandoned. after wandering around she saw that she was in front of the guy's apartment building. she walked in and found their floor.

she knocked and j-hope answered the door tiredly. he instantly smiled at her appearance and ran to squeeze her cheeks.

 he instantly smiled at her appearance and ran to squeeze her cheeks

"j-hooope." she says hugging him.

"i missed you. i'm so glad you came to visit me." he says patting the top of her head where her beret sat.

"yeah i missed you too." she says as he pushes her inside.

"you look cute." he says patting her beret again.

"thank you hobi. you look incedible with a bed head." she says ruffling his hair.

"don't let jiminie hear you." he says chuckling.

"where is he?"

"in his room. he could be sleeping or something. i don't know." he says.

"and everyone else?"

"i don't really know. i was watching tv when you came."

"ah."

"so how are you?" he asks.

"fine. you?"

"good. i'm pretty happy today, it could be the weather."

"you're always happy. share some of that j-hope magic with me." she says.

"are you okay?" he asks.

"yeah, i'm just a little down. it's one of those days i guess."

"then we'll fix it! i'm your hope, your angel!" he says grinning widely. she found his smile contagious along with his joy. he could walk into a sad room and make it happy with a smile.

"that is exactly what you are!"

"i'm gonna go shower because i haven't yet. you can go see jimin... but leave the door open." he says. grace chuckles and nods her head.