chapter thirty-two

"no you go they already saw me!"
j-hope says.

"me? no, you want that free sample."

"the guy already saw me. he won't give me another one."

"why not just buy the bag?"

"oh, i forgot about that."

he walks into the shop again and buys a bag of candies. he comes out jumping with joy. grace smiles as she shakes her head. she takes his arm and they walk down the street.

"what are you doing tomorrow?" j-hope asks trough his mask that covered the lower half of his face.

"chugging a beer." grace says shrugging.

"you wouldn't. we should all be together."

"yeah. are you all busy tomorrow?"

"no. we get the day off. are you hungry or bored?"

"both." grace says smiling.

j-hope walks pulling grace along. he stops at a karaoke diner.

"i guess that will cure both my hunger and boredom." grace says looking at the neon sign.

"let's go."

it was bright inside and very lonely. there was a young couple sat at the end of the restaurant and an older woman reading some papers. odd place to work since there was music playing loudly.

j-hope chooses a small booth and takes a seat. they order some food and eat after being starved and tired from walking around for a few hours.

"how is our cute couple?" j-hope asks.

"jungkook and tae are cute. i think they're doing okay." grace says shrugging.

"they may be cute but i was asking about you and jimin."

"oh yeah we're okay."

"i know you don't really have much time to see each other."

"yeah we're both busy people. it's okay though. i mean, i understand and i completely support his career. i don't really mind."

"oh that's good. you know, grace, i hope i can find someone like you later on."

"hobi i'm one of a kind. good luck."

"i know. jimin is lucky."

"no i'm lucky. i get the whole package. he has a great voice, personality, thighs, he is a great dancer, he's charming and very kind and angelic. i can't forget butt either." grace says laughing at j-hope's expression.

"uh-huh. what exactly are your intentions with our jiminie? hopefully not just admiring his behind."

"i don't know, marry him. have his children. love him for eternity, not sure."

"you can stop now." he says putting up his hand.

"hey you should get up there and sing me a song." grace says motioning to the lonesome stage.

"sing? nope thanks. you should go."

"this place is nearly empty. come on hobi! i'll go with you."

"okay but it will be your fault if all the glass breaks in this building."

"from your angelic voice? that's fine with me."

so they climb up to the stage and choose a song they both kind of know. The songs starts slow and then builds up. when they finish the restaurant is completely empty.