chapter five

since seven in the morning grace had been cleaning her apartment. she had stored all of her boxes in the extra room and she prepared to start painting her walls. she was finally ready to get rid of that ugly yellow and paint on a light gray. it had been a week that the paint had sat on the floor. she had been too lazy to paint so she kept putting it off. she hadn't seen the guys either. they had a show and a few interviews. one day she received a phone call from jimin. all of the guys said hi from wherever they were. she was touched that even though they were so busy they thought about her. jimin spoke with her for a few minutes before he had to go.

she had woken up at six in the morning to a thunderstorm. she couldn't go back to sleep so she painted on a canvas. once she was finished she felt like painting more so she decided to get the wall painting over with. the coffee shop was closed because min jung had gone away to see a sick family member. she missed her job though it had only been a few days.

she drank her coffee as she papered the things she didn't want to paint. she danced around in her xxl tee that fell down to her knees and her crew socks with cute cartoons on them. her hair was in a bun that got messier by the minute as she jumped around. thankfully she only had two walls to paint in her room because the other two were white.

she stopped painting when she heard her doorbell. she wasn't expecting anyone today... or ever. she didn't have many friends. she curiously walked to the door and opened it.

"hello. is there a grace here?" it was jimin.

"i'm grace." she welcomed him in and shut the door after him. "i thought you were busy today." she said.

"we got a break. i decided to come because i have not seen you in a whole week now."

"you just couldn't live without me could you?" she asked. a small grin itched at her lips.

"no. every second felt like it was an hour long. the air was hard to breathe. my organs were shutting down!" he sighed dramatically. grace only laughed.

"alright princess. it's okay now. i'm here." she said.

"what are you doing?" he asks.

"i am painting the living room. i just finished my room." she jumped up and made jazz hands at the wall. he smiled at her cuteness. "eh?"

"i like the color."

"did you at some point have this hair color?" she asked him.

"i did." he said looking at the gray.

"could you not wait until you were eighty?" she asked laughing.

"i couldn't." he laughed and ran a hand through his blond hair.

"i'm kidding. it was a great look." she said.

"thank you. old man was what i was going for."

"you captured it well."

"yeah. do you need help?"

"thanks but i got it."

"i'm going to help you anyway." he says picking up a second roller.

while they painted grace asked jimin about his week. she wanted to know about the interviews and the shows. it all seemed crazy to her. it must be difficult being a celebrity. living up to peoples expectations. working hard to make many happy. it was incredible to her how jimin managed to do just that. he seemed like an overall happy boy. she admired him very much.

after jimin felt like he had said enough about his week he asked grace about hers.

"well you might not believe this but i actually went out a few nights ago." she said.