chapter six

grace woke up with a sore neck and tired eyes. her back ached when she sat up. she looked beside her and saw her sister's face. she had spent the night at the hospital. she rubbed her neck as she stood up and stretched. she remembered telling her sister about her friends. she had only closed her eyes for a second but the tiredness was overwhelming.

she looked out the window and found that it was sunny. the day was bright and it hurt her sleepy eyes to look.

"jen i have to go. unfortunately i have to go back to my apartment and fix it up. i also have a paper to write."

she stared down at her sister's face. it was sickly pale. her lips looked purple. her brown hair had lost its shine. she looked like she hadn't aged much. grace only wanted her green eyes to open and she wanted her little hands to grip hers.

"i will be back."

grace walks out and tries to remember where she left her car. she remembered that after she left the guys place she had felt a sudden sadness. she thought of her sister so she decided to go see her. at around nine she fell asleep.

she found her car and drove to her home. she found that the walls were completely dry but there was a mess of paper to clean up. she would shower after picking up. she did brush her teeth and wash her face now though. she made some tea and got to cleaning up. when she first moved she had bought a couch and a tv. the couch was long so she pushed it against one wall but she still had the tv on the floor. she really needed to buy furniture. she moved on to her room and pushed her bed into place. it was quite large so she had to move from one side to the other trying to get it straight. with the bed came a small bedside table and a dresser. that was all she had in her room. her closet was already neatly fixed. in the guest bedroom she just had a desk and a small couch. it was smaller than her own room.

she did all she could with all she had and showered. she relaxed her body under the warm water. it felt good as it hit her skin. she already felt refreshed. once her hair was washed and her skin had been cleaned with shower gel she exited the bathroom and got ready to do her errands.

she dressed casual and comfortable. for her skinny jeans and a loose top or jacket was the usual. she had heard from min jung. she would be coming back today so she asked grace if she could report to the coffee shop tomorrow morning. this would be the last full day she got off. tomorrow she would work until one and after that she would take her classes. she would do homework and then go back to the shop and do her late shift.

at the furniture store she found a nice table for her tv and she got a few chairs for the island in the kitchen. they would send them to her house in a few days but she did get to take her rugs home with her today along with a lamp and a lovesack. when she got home she put the rugs where they belonged. her walls were plain so she walked into her guest room where large canvases sat on the floor. she had been painting for a few years so she had quite a bit of paintings. she hung a few in the living room that matched the gray, white, black, and blue theme she had going on.

it was nearly three and she was starving so she decided to cook. right when she had finished she got a call. it was yoongi.

"hello." she spoke into the phone.

"grace. we're coming over!" he said.

"yeah and we're hungry!" she heard jin shout.

"very!" it was v.

"bring your own food. i only made enough for me." she said.

"make more. we will be there in a few minutes." she heard j-hope say.