chapter twenty

gah i was late with the update. my bad! i will be updating twice today. hope you don't mind...

***

"so you're leaving?" jimin asks.

"yes." grace responds.

they were in her room. he was sitting on her bed watching her paint. they had been like that for almost thirty minutes now. grace was painting on a canvas facing the window. her face was hidden behind the large canvas so jimin couldn't see her.

"for how long?" he asks playing with a pillow. he rests his elbows on the pillow and covers his small face with his hands on either side of his face.

"i'm not sure. not long."

"and you're staying with your aunt?"

"yes." grace replies.

"how long do you think you'll stay?"

"a week tops. just from the nineteenth to the twenty fifth."

"oh. that's good." he says staring at the canvas that hides her face.

"yeah. i miss them. i'll bring you a souvenir from california. anything you want?" she asks popping her head out from the side of the canvas.

"i can't think of a specific thing. anything is fine." he says with sadness in his voice.

she puts down her paint brush and stands up. she walks towards him and takes a seat beside him. his head still rests on both of his hands cupping his cheeks. he looks so adorable that way.

"is something wrong?" she asks.

"no. why?" he asks.

"you seem sad. is something on your mind?"

"i just wish you didn't have to go. i want you here. i want to watch after you." he says and then touches her face.

"i told you jimin, i'm okay." she says touching his hand with hers.

"min jung told me about the nightmare you had last night."

"min jung? when did you see her?"

"today. i went to get some coffee this morning. i told her that i was worried about you and she told me about your nightmares."

"i can handle a nightmare. there is nothing to be worried about jimin."

"that doesn't change the fact that i'm still worried. you can say whatever you want but i'm still going to worry about you."

"alright. worry less at least. you can call me every single day and make sure that i'm okay. does that sound good?"

"yes."

"alright. i'll check in with you then." she says smiling. they sit there on her bed for a while. they just smile at each other and admire the other in silence.

"i'm really going to miss you." jimin says breaking the silence.

"i'll miss you more. i will miss you all." grace says.

"just don't get yourself a boyfriend over there." he says with a chuckle. "you already have seven here." he says.

"noted. i'll try my best not to be charming." she says grinning widely.

"promise?"

"i promise."