chapter twenty-one

"graceee!" she hears the voice of a boy as she steps into the cozy home.

a young brunette boy who reaches her thighs runs up and hugs her legs. his small arms wrapping around her tightly.

"hey buddy!" grace says as she picks him up.

"i missed you. mommy said you were coming and i got so excited." she puts the boy down after giving him a tight squeeze.

"i missed you too. where is mommy?" grace asks the young boy. he takes her hand and pulls her to the kitchen.

in the kitchen she saw her aunt, who resembled her mother, putting away a box of cereal.

"aunt jade!" grace shouts excitedly as she runs up and hugs her.

"grace! sweetie i missed you. you look great." she said embracing her small body.

"you too. i missed you."

"i'm so glad you're here even with everything that is going on." her aunt says sighing. "how are your parents?"

"you know, getting a divorce. they don't live together anymore. dad got an apartment for now and they don't really speak much." grace says taking a seat on a stool.

"oh honey i'm so sorry. i thought your parents would stay together forever. how are you?"

"i'm pretty good. i am an adult now so i don't have to worry about them fighting over me and stuff."

"what are they doing about jen?"

"i don't know. they both want to unplug her but i'm still not ready. i actually don't think i will ever be."

"it's hard. she is your sister and you love her. alright enough about that. what do you say we do tomorrow."

"i really want to go to the grove." grace says at her smiling aunt. "i kind of just want to do everything."

"okay. i assume you're very jet lagged and the time difference is drastic. you know where your room is. you should rest. tomorrow we can do anything you want."

grace takes her bags to the room she occupies when she stays here. the young boy named cole trailed behind her. she opened the white door down the hall from the stairs and walked in. the room was just as it was last year. the walls white and a bed in the middle of the room.

"my room is next to yours!" cole shouts excitedly.

"are you sleepy?" the small boy nods and grace picks him up. "lets go tuck you in."

grace picks up the five year old and carries him to his room. his room is painted a light blue and he has posters on the walls. he's a fan of star wars. she lays him down and he pulls the sheets over him.

"alright. i'll be here until you fall asleep."

"hey. where is your sister, jenny? she was here last year." grace smiled as she looked down at the small boy. he was too smart for his age.

"she stayed home buddy. but she will come next year."

she stays in his room until he closes his eyes and he falls asleep. she walks away and goes to her room. it feels great to lay on the bed and stretch. she quickly puts on some pajamas and brushes her teeth. although she saw the moon, jimin saw the sun. there was a sixteen hour difference and that was the worst part.

she quickly fell asleep. she had been more tired than she thought. sitting on a plane for nearly twelve hours was more stressful than it seemed.