chapter one

let us just admire that jimin picture before we start. that is perfection. it is an angel in our world. i can't ever see anything more beautiful than this! okay, you can read now.

walking through the streets in korea she always received weird looks. she always felt out of place. she didn't look like she belonged but she felt that she did. she knew she did. her eyes were the first thing that gave her away. she had wide green eyes. she didn't have monolids. when meeting anyone they always asked if she was korean and she always said not really. she's not very korean she is a mix of spanish, italian and only a little bit of korean. her great grandmother was korean.

her name wasn't very korean at all which was the second thing that gave her away. her name is grace. that name wasn't very common in korea. growing up with korean kids she was always teased about her eyes and name. she was also quite short and small. for a now twenty one year old she was only 5'2. she was pretty fluent in the korean language and in english. her parents spoke perfect english. they moved to korea two years before she was born. it was mostly for business but also because her mother's grandma had lived here for a long time.

grace was a very smart girl. she picked things up quickly and she was at the top of her class for most of school. other than being smart she was quite talented. she was a good artist. in school she often drew and painted and even got her art put in a gallery during high school. she had a beautiful voice, at her graduation she got to sing a song for the graduating class. as a very lonely child she spent most of her time practicing whatever she could. with no friends she had a lot of free time, she took dance classes, singing classes, art classes, cooking classes, and a few martial arts classes.

she was the kid who sat in the back of the class, her nose in a book while everyone talked. when she was interested in doing something she did it and was good at it. like in high school when she saw a man playing the guitar in the street quite beautifully she decided to learn and she did as determined as she was.

now as an adult she was doing college and thankfully it was all paid for by her many scholarships. she only had a little bit of classes left to finish. she started as a seventeen year old, right when she graduated high school she got into college.

now walking down a busy street she looked at her red converse stepping over the gray sidewalk. she felt comfortable in her blue skinny jeans and white oversized sweater. she adjusted her round specs as she stepped into a small coffee shop. her straight long hair flowing as the door opened.

this place was usually empty but it had great coffee and tea. it was the perfect place to read or sketch. she came here so often that the employees knew her name. she had been going there since she first discovered it which was when she was only sixteen. the coffee place was so underrated, it was seriously great. now it was her place of employment but she was off today.

she sat at her usual table in the corner beside the window. the shop was quite small, it had a few tables. there were small sofas in the middle of the room and small tables lining the walls. it smelled sweet and it had a great vibe.

"grace hello. how are you?" the older woman who made the pastries asked.

"i'm great min jung. it's a beautiful day. how are you?" she asked.

"i'm quite happy."

"i'm so glad to hear that min jung. you work too hard. one day this shop will be full of customers and your delicious desserts will be highly appreciated." i say.

"you're such a sweet girl grace. i hope that comes true. thank you for the new sign your design was beautiful."

"it was my pleasure. you've done so much good for me min jung. a simple design is nothing compared to what i owe to you."