chapter nine

the guys were aware of the fact that grace worked tonight so they wanted to go bother her at her job. they just said that but they honestly missed her company. every single one of them wanted her around. she was like a little sister and friend.

"do you think she'd mind?" yoongi asked.

"no. it's grace. she loves us!" tae said.

"yeah it's grace. she's nice and happens to like jimin so she definitely will not mind." j-hope says making jimin blush and slap j-hope in the arm.

"right." yoongi says going back to his phone.

"well let's go. her shift ends in like half an hour!" jimin says as he starts to walk out of the apartment.

and so the guys pile into a car driven by jin and head to the small cafe where they had the pleasure of meeting grace almost a whole month ago. through the large glass window pane they see grace behind the counter talking to a woman. she wears the sweetest smile.

"grace!" they all exclaimed when they entered.

grace looked up from the counter and smiled when her eyes fell upon the seven boys.

"hey guys! didn't think i'd see you for at least another week." grace said as she walked towards them.

"you're funny grace. really you are."     j-hope said with a dry tone. she only looked back at him with a dry face.

"what do you guys want?" she asks. "just sit down and i'll help you out in a bit."

she walked to a table where a guy sat eating a muffin. he was young and also not korean. jimin observed them both. grace was speaking to him in english and she smiled as she did so. he could only catch a few words but not enough to know what they were talking about.

"namjoon what are they saying?" jimin asks tapping his arm. namjoon looks at jimin amused before turning to grace and hearing what they were saying.

"he just asked how she was doing in college." namjoon told jimin who was staring at the two. he nodded and looked at his lap. he heard her laugh and turned around quickly. "what did he say?" jimin asked namjoon who smiled, his dimples showing.

"he just said that he remembered when she got drunk."

"they were in college together?" jimin asks.

"i guess. he probably graduated already. he looks older." namjoon says.

grace walked back to the boys who had been looking at the options. now that jimin thought about it, he didn't know much about grace. he knew a lot but not everything. he knew about the grace from now but not from the one in the past. maybe that guy did. what if they had been an item before this? he wouldn't know what to do then.

all through the time there jimin would glance at the guy who had been flipping through his book. he was a dirty blond with blue eyes and small lips. tall and muscular. he looked very elite and neat. maybe he was grace's type. maybe she liked american guys.

why was he feeling like this? grace could talk to whomever she wanted. she could look at anyone or even date anyone if she wanted. he had no control over her. no right to feel this way. but still he did and his feelings could not be easily ignored. grace wasn't one of those girls who plays around with guys and tried to make them jealous on purpose. she was better than that, she is better than that.

jimin was very insecure. he had always had body image problems. he never felt good enough and maybe he wasn't good enough for grace, he thought. maybe he could lose more weight or do something to his hair. he sat on the sofa staring at his lap. what could he do?