chapter thirty

grace was feeling happier these days. it was nearing christmas and she had distracted herself by decorating her apartment. the guys came over and they helped her put up the tree.

they spread the branches and then put the lights up and the ornaments. while tae walked around the tree with the lights grace made hot chocolate and cut up the brownies she had made. her aunt showed her how to make them two christmases ago. she looked around the room and smiled. they were all wearing christmas pajamas.

she laughed as taehyung danced around and sang in a higher voice. he was seriously one of a kind. after the tree was up they all sat watching movies eating the brownies and drinking chocolate.

the following week was eventful. she was out of college for christmas and new years but she still had to work. min jung had started to get more customers by the day and a lot of help was needed. two days before christmas she bought gifts for the guys. she also went shopping to make a small dinner.

she was excited for christmas it was always a cheerful time of the year. there were always so many lights to look at. the trees were covered in lights and there were so many decorations. while she decorated a cake she received a phone call from her aunt. she accepted the face time request and immediately little cole popped up from beside his mother.

"merry christmas!" they shout cheerfully. grace smiles widely at their warm greeting.

"merry christmas."

"what are you doing?" her aunt asked curiously.

"decorating a cake." grace replies as she points he camera at the red velvet cake with white icing.

"pretty. you were always a great baker." her aunt says.

"that looks delicious!" cole says.

"it does! i'll save you a slice!" grace says

"grace honey. are you having guests? i hope you are not spending your favorite holiday alone."

"i invited the guys to come over. they should be here in a little while." she says as she checks the clock.

"that's great honey! i know you love them all. have a great time."

"i will."

"how is the boyfriend?"

"he is good. very busy being you know, a celebrity."

"i thought so. but you're good right?"

"yeah. he's sweet."

"you have a boyfriend?! do i need to talk to him?" the five year old looks at grace with his eyes in slits.

"i do have a boyfriend cole. his name is jimin and you don't need to talk to him or warn him. he's a great guy."

"okay!" he shouts as he runs off.

"i'm happy for you." her aunt says.

"yeah. he's the best thing for me right now."

"how are you holding up? are you doing okay?" her aunt asks concern in her voice.

"yeah." grace speaks truthfully but she doesn't tell her aunt about the part where she wakes up in the middle of the night and paces around the room because she can't sleep. "i feel happy."

"that's great. i want you to be happy. you deserve it and after what you have lived through you need it."

"yeah... i just don't feel so... scared anymore."