chapter twenty-five

"hey it's grace, right?" grace turns around to see a familiar face but at the same time a stranger's.

"yes. wow. you're... wait, i'm not going to be a fan girl. but you're cha eun woo."

"yes. i am him."

"cool." grace says smiling.

"yeah. i just wanted to get a coffee. your name tag says grace." the boy says pointing at his own shirt.

"right. yes. what kind of coffee?"

"just a regular coffee. i need energy."

"got it. it will just be a moment."

grace turns around to prepare the coffee as he leans against the desk.

"you're a fan of astro?" he asks.

"yes. i've watched the show."

"oh."

"mhm. here is your coffee."

"how much?"

"gah you're a celebrity. it's on me as a thanks for making great music." grace says pushing the cup towards him.

"thank you." he says smiling widely.

"no problem." grace says.

"is it okay if i just hang out here?" he asks pointing at the couch.

"mhm. stay as long as you like. well, i close at nine so... until nine." she says.

"okay." he says taking a seat.

he sits silently drinking his coffee and responding to texts. grace simply sits at her spot reading a book.

"when i walked in and saw you i wondered if i would have to speak english to you." eun woo speaks up. grace looks up from her book smiling. "your korean is great by the way." he says smiling.

"thank you. i was born and raised here so i've been working on it since i could speak." grace says nodding her head.

"really? i bet a lot of people mistake you for another tourist."

"yeah. sometimes. i'm used to it now."

"and you also speak english?"

"yes. and a little bit of spanish as well."

"how old are you? sorry i just... you look very young."

"it's fine. i'm twenty one years old."

"oh. i'm twenty."

"how did you stumble upon this place?"

"oh i was just walking around trying to figure out song lyrics and i saw that the lights were on in here. it looked empty, a great place to write."