You Don't Care Anymore... (Chapter 24)

'You may not be pushing me away, but you're not fighting to keep me either. ~  Anonymous'

SEPTEMBER 2ND...

(Amber's P.O.V.)

"So, does anyone know what Mia wants to do for her birthday this year?" I asked taking a seat at the lunch table with the others as Mia stood a few feet away on the phone with Jordan.

"Not yet. I'm still trying to figure it out." Paige added before taking a bite of her salad.

"Hey, what about a small party up at the beach house?" Clay piped up, excitement in his voice.

"She'd love that!" I gushed as we all nodded in agreement.

"So should we start planning?" Sean commented but Katie stopped him.

"Not yet, let's ask Mia first."

"So Mia what do you want to do for your Birthday?" Katie asked as she came our way, "Oh and is Jordan coming tonight?

"Uh, no, he can't make it. I don't know really, I know I want a party- but a small one."

"Well how would you like celebrating at the beach house?" Sean suggested, smiling with a shrug.

"Are you serious?" She freaked as we all laughed in response, "That would be amazing guys!"

"Then that's exactly what we'll do." Clay grinned as Mia pursed her lips smiling, she seemed to be lost in thought, and by the others reactions we all knew it could be reason for concern.

LATER...

(Clay's P.O.V.)

"So, is it just me or did Mia seemed to act weird all throughout lunch?" Sean asked as we all sat around planning her party, and waiting for her to arrive home from dance.

"I agree, I think it had to do with her phone call with Jordan, he's been really distant lately." Sadie commented before going back to looking at her computer for party ideas.

"I don't know if Jordan's right for her, I mean if he's ignoring her, maybe she shouldn't be with him." Emily added as someone knocked on the door, I frowned pausing the game and going to answer it. Upon opening the door, there stood a boy with blonde hair and blue eyes, Brian, Mia's worst boyfriend and still a good friend of ours to this day. Mia had forgiven him long ago, she still cared about him, because he was apart of her past, something she always struggled to let go of, allowing it to haunt her, always.

"Brian Davis, what are you doing here?" I asked as he gave me a smile and a hug.

"I'm here for Mia's birthday." He replied as everyone rushed to greet him, "Where is the birthday girl?"

"With Jordan at dance. She won't be back for awhile." Darrel answered, as Brian plopped down on the couch.

"Bummer, can I hang around?"

"Of course, want to help plan Mia's party?" Paige suggested and he nodded as he was handed the guest list and Amber started helping him. That's when Mia stormed in through the door slamming it behind her, "Ugh!" She groaned in frustration dropping her bag to the floor and the looking up at everyone.

"You okay?" I smirked as she glared at me slapping my arm.

"Brian, what are you doing here?" She beamed, her face lightening up and her mood lifting as he hopped up from the couch hugging her close, "I'm here for your birthday."

"Everything... okay?" Amber hesitated, as Mia sighed sitting down next to Brian, "No, Jordan didn't even show up to dance class, never replied to my phone call, and Marks had to assign me someone else. I- I just don't get him lately, it's like he doesn't care."