Pull Me Closer (Chapter 7)

(PLAY THE VIDEO ABOVE AND LISTEN WHILE YOU READ!)

'I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. ~ Philippians 4:13'

THE NEXT DAY...

(Mia's P.O.V.)

I was bored as I stood behind the counter at 'Icing' I checked the time internally groaning, three more hours until I could leave.

"How may I help you sir?" I asked, realizing someone was standing there as I put my phone away underneath the counter.

"Um- yes, I'm looking for something to buy my girlfriend, her name is Mia."

My head shot up as I squealed, "Jordan!" He chuckled coming around as I hugged him tightly, "But I thought your flight didn't get in until later."

"I wanted to come home early and surprise you baby, is that okay?" I nodded as he moved a strand of hair out my face before leaning down and consuming me.

"Now, is there any chance you can take your break right now?" He asked slipping his hand in mine, the simple action causing me to melt.

"Um... yeah I think so. Hey Izzy, is it alright if I take my break now?" I asked looking over at the girl who I hardly ever worked with.

"Sure- be back in an hour." She smiled as I thanked her and we left.

"How've you been feeling?" He asked after we'd sat down in the mall at a bench after I ate lunch with him. I smiled seeing the concern written all over his face.

"It's still hurting, but I woke feeling a little better this morning." I shrugged it off, as he pulled my close kissing my temple putting an arm around me and I leaned my head on his shoulder. I think I'm falling in love with him.

LATER...

(Jordan's P.O.V.)

"So, wanna run through it again?" Katie asked as Mia stood up from the bench nodding after their short break.

"Mia- Mia, what is it? What's wrong?" Immediately Mia dropped to the floor as Paige continued her questions.

"Mia!" I yelled going to her side, she held her stomach and finally started sobbing, I shook my head- "That's it we're taking her to the hospital." I stood helping her to her feet they all helped get her to the car and we headed to the emergency room as I sat in the back of the car with her holding her hand, she put in her earbuds listening to 'Safe and Sound' by Sabrina Carpenter on repeat as she stared out the window- I watched her intently, how could this be happening to her?

I gulped back the tears and turned to look out my side of the window as I prayed she would be alright. Once we arrived she was asked if she could walk back to the room, and Mia didn't hesitate to nod yes as I held her close. Finally we reached the freezing cold room and her Mother had finally arrived.

"Hi Mrs. Lane, I'm Jordan- it's nice to meet you." I reached out my hand with a warm smile, and she mirrored it as she shook my hand.

"You too, and please call me Renae." She had shinning brown eyes and dark black hair, just as beautiful as her daughter, the resemblance was stunning in their faces and their demeanors. Finally the doctor entered and asked a series of questions- eventually, they gave Mia an IV the first she'd ever had, and I watched as she cried out when they put it in. Then they proceeded to do an ultrasound of her ovaries making sure their weren't any tumors, soon she was sent home not diagnosed at all.

I held her close on the couch back at the apartment, "I'll be back as soon as I can in the morning, okay?" she nodded not saying a word. Everyone was a little shaken up, and I knew Mia was still worried because although while she had been at the hospital the pain had eventually subsided, it was back again tonight.

"Jordan, what if it doesn't ever go away?"

"Don't talk like that baby." I kissed the top of her head, my heart breaking, and I held her closer.

FRIDAY...

Mia was still in pain and Renae thought it would be a good idea to take her and get her checked out with her normal family doctor, she hadn't told me anything and had headed to classes right after the appointment saying she'd talk and tell me later.

"Well, what'd they say baby?" I asked as she entered the apartment, she shook her head biting her bottom lip waving the prescription bag in her hand, "Baby? Come here." I pulled her into my arms as she cried holding on.

"Mia- what happened?" She turned to Sadie and the others who were all waiting- but she couldn't respond.

"I- I can't handle this right now." She raced up the stairs as I sighed and followed her- I had to know.

"Mia? Baby? It's just me." I knocked on the door before entering to find her laying on her bed clutching her small light pink heart pillow to her chest, I went to her sitting on the bed, "Please baby girl, tell me."

Finally she sat up next to ready to tell me, "He diagnosed me with IBS- Irritable Bowel Syndrome. It's incurable and I could live with it for the rest of my life- he gave me some pain meds which have already helped, but I can't believe I have to live with something like this."

"Oh baby." I shook my head tears falling down her cheeks and I wiped them away as she stared at me and I smiled moving a strand of hair out her face, "It'll be okay." I reassured her before we both leaned in and I kissed her softly, "You know I love you Jordan, right?" It came out in a whisper, I grinned even bigger, I couldn't believe she had finally said it.

"I love you too Mia." Tears filled both of our eyes and I kissed her softly before pulling away and kissing the top of her head and pulling her closer as I held her in my arms, never wanting to let her go again as she sobbed harder.