You're My New Years Resolution. (Chapter 33)

'I remember the first day I ever looked into your eyes and felt my entire world flip. ~ Anonymous'

CHRISTMAS EVE...

It was finally here, Christmas Eve, I sat on the couch with Jordan by the fireplace. We were spending sometime together and then he would take me to my parents house, where I would be spending Christmas with my parents and Jordan would be flying home tomorrow morning to spend Christmas with his parents.

"I got you something." He said pulling a small box from his pocket, "I know it's small, but it's perfect for you." He replied with a nod, "This gift resembles my love for you, and the commitement we share." He opened the box to reveal a small gold flower ring, causing me to gasp, he chuckled as tears filled my eyes and he took my hand slipping the ring on my left index finger, "This is a promise ring, a promise of my love for you. I love you baby girl."

"I love you too Jordan!" I cried out as he kissed me passionately tears filling his own eyes, "Here, I have something for you too." I wiped my face and reached for the package in my bag handing it to him, "It;'s not much, but I knew it was perfect." He opened it finding a journal and he smiled, "I thought it might be just what you need for when you have a song idea." I shrugged.

"It's perfect baby girl thank you." He pecked my lips. Soon enough it was time to take me home, I greeted my parents with hugs and kisses, it was good to be home.

"We missed you!" Mom exclaimed happy I was home and helping me up to the guest room, which used to be my room.

"I missed you guys too. Things have been crazy- but finals went well. I'm just happy to be home." I replied hugging her again.

"Us too. How are you and Jordan?" That's when I told her the rollarcoaster we'd been on for the past few months, a lot had changed, and so had we.

THE NEXT DAY...

After reading the Bible story and opening preents, I ate breakfast and enjoyed being home with my parents, later extended family came over and we celebrated with food and more presents, by the end of the day, I was exhausted and my heart was filled. Jordan called as I laid in bed, I was going back to my apartment tomorrow.

"Hey baby girl, Merry Christmas!" He asnwered causing me to grin as I bit my bottom lip.

"Merry Christmas Jordan, I miss you." I told him as he chuckled with a sigh.

"I miss you too." He replied as I sighed contently. We spent the next few hours talking about family and what we had gotten.

ONE WEEK LATER...

Tonight was New Years Eve and Sean and Clay had both insisted on hosting a huge party at the beach house. They'd been planning it for weeks, it was told to be the social event of the year at our college.

"You guys do know you're going just a little bit overboard with all this planning, don't you?" I commented diving into the pizza in front of me.

"Not really, we're expected to have over 200 people- possibly 300." Clay added as I shook my head.

"We've been working so hard to make sure we don't get shut down by the police- it is private property and we're far from many people, but there will be responsible adults there and we've got permission to throw this party by our parents." Sean replied with a nod.

"Seems liked a look of work just for a party." I rolled my eyes as the girls chimed in agreement. Although, everyone was really excited, all of us already had our outfits picked out and couldn't wait for the night to begin. Jordan and I would be celebrating our first ever New Years together as a couple and were excited for what the New Year would bring for the both of us, individually and together. Our relationship had grown so much in the past few months, we'd faced a lot- not only in each other's lives, but in our own personal lives. Through every twist and turn though, we had supported and loved one another through it all, and I had learned to accept my IBS as apart of my life and learned how to cope and deal with the changes and effects it caused me. Through thick and thin, it seemed nothing could break our bond.

THAT EVENING...

With each passing moment I grew more and more excited for the nights events, Jordan and I at New Years, I had always dreamed of sharing it with someone as special as him. He was my everything, and I hoped that with the coming year we would grow to become closer and closer everyday. A new year, full of so many possibilities were ahead, and I couldn't wait to see what God had in store for the both of us. I wore my beautiful rose gold dress, twirling in the mirror- I couldn't wait to show Jordan. I descended the stairs to find the house was already packed with people, but it only took a moment to find him. He stood in the kitchen, where I'd remembered our steamy kiss after we'd gotten back together and it caused me to blush at just the thought of it. He spotted me as I reached the bottom steps and grinned from ear to ear, "Well, hello beautiful." His smile was infectious and I found myself grinning at his words as he took my hand leading me to the dance floor, a slow song starting, "Ready for the New Year and all the hope it holds?"

"Yes, as long as it's with you."

HOURS LATER...

It was almost here, the New Year, and I found myself being dragged away from my friends as I frowned at Jordan, "What is it?" I asked giggling.

He licked his lips, "I want to make this special." He replied taking me into the kitchen, surprisingly, it was vacant inside the house, he put me up on the counter, "When that clock strikes midnight, I want to kiss you right here, where we made up last time." He placed his arms on each side of me leaning against the counter.

"Why wait?" I asked my voice breathy as I reached up touching his face, my hand going to the nape of his neck and kissing him softly as his arms went around my waist, they started counting down the last ten seconds, but we were already ahead of everyone else.

"HAPPY NEW YEAR!" We heard everyone scream and cheer as fireworks started going off.

"Happy New Year baby!" I told him biting my lip, I honestly couldn't believe I was celebrating this with him.

"Happy New Year baby girl!" He replied before consuming me once more.