Summer & Love (Chapter 14)

(PLAY THE VIDEO ABOVE AND LISTEN WHILE YOU READ!)

'I love how summer just wraps its arms around you like a warm blanket. ~ Kellie Elmore'

JULY 15TH...

Friday had arrived and Jordan and I were spending it together at a party at Clay's parents house tonight.

"You know it's really nice that your parents are letting us use your house for a party." I told the siblings as we chatted over plans while eating lunch in the cafeteria before I had to head back to classes- even Jordan had stopped by to join us.

"Yeah- well, you know how they are." Clay shrugged with a grin- his parents had always been generous to their children and their friends.

"Yeah, and I'm looking forward to spending some quality time with this girl." Jordan beamed with a grin looking at me as I blushed.

"Are you sure you don't want to spend time with your parents and siblings this weekend? I really don't mind at all."

"Babe, I already told you my parents are doing something with their adult friends, and my siblings are each going to a party. What? You don't want me to come?"

"No. Just checking." I bit my bottom lip with a shrug- he just shook his head chuckling slightly, and put his forehead against mine before giving my forehead a kiss as I closed my eyes, sighing contently with a smile across my face.

"Okay... gross."

"Oh hush- you're just mad because your girlfriend isn't talking to you right now." Sean rolled his eyes as Clay shot him a look.

"You and Sarah not working out? What's going on?"

"I don't know really- she just hasn't enjoyed me spending ALL my time at your place."

"Well then take her out."

"Huh?"

"On a date Clay- she needs to know that you still want her in your life, make her feel worth it. Sweep her off her feet."

"That's good advice, thanks. I'm going to go call her now." He left the table dialing her number as I let out a deep sigh watching as he walked away answering the phone with a hopeful face.

"You alright?" Sadie asked as I realized everyone had a look of concern across their faces and Jordan gave my hand a slight squeeze underneath the table.

I shook my head and looked at everyone and then to Jordan, "Uh, yeah. Sorry. Just..."

"Remembering when you dated him?" Jordan raised his eyebrows.

I bit my lip nodding, "Yeah." I breathed, but offered him a smile and leaned my head on his shoulder as he kissed my head again.

"Mia- your advice worked, she's coming to the party tonight and I'm going to sweep her off her feet." Clay beamed coming back to the table.

"That's really great Clay, I'm happy for you." The rest of the conversation was cut short as a bell went off.

THAT AFTERNOON...